Image Review Possibilities
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Review Possibilities

Ok, so I am still trying to narrow these down & welcome your input. I broke it down as 50% weddings and 50% portraits. Is it ok to send in PJ, or not? I had put them on my website, but was able to downloaded them here....see the next entry for the beginning of the images. Thanks for viewing.

PS-I know that some of the images are from the same wedding/etc. If someone has a suggestion on which, or neither one is better.
    Last edited by MaryHenry; 04-25-2008 at 08:53 PM.

Forget the previous post... I went ahead and am taking the time to post them here. Sorry for the ones that are low res. Note- These are not in the same order as how I have them on my website. It looks like I can post four at a time so here it goes.

went ahead and deleted by popular vote
    Last edited by MaryHenry; 05-08-2008 at 04:09 AM.

And the last for the weddings...

Now for Portraits

Ignore my logo...

And some extras to throw in...

#22 Sorry for the low res

#24 - Already decided to eliminate this one.
    Last edited by MaryHenry; 04-26-2008 at 12:00 AM.

Nice group Mary
    I would take out 6, 13, 15 and 24. I'm not crazy about 18, 11 and 20 but the submissions are judged as a group and I don't think those three will kill your chances. Based on how nice some of the others are I bet you could come up with a few more to replace them. BTW, 18 is a nice traditional headshot but I'm not sure if it's snazzy enough for the CPP thing.

Thanks David. I do a large number of headshots for real esate agents and other executives...so I thought I should at least include one...Should I just leave executive headshots/portraits out all together?

I didn't see any wedding images on this forum that were entries for CPP, so I wasn't really sure if I should put in a mix of posed and PJ or just stick with the posed and by the rules images.

Your question about the Headshot is a good one and unfortunately I don't have the answer. Personally I would leave it out because I'd be afraid it wouldn't have enough razzle dazzle but that may be a misconception on my part about what the submission judges are looking for. It's a nice portrait. Now as for the PJ stuff, I think it's just fine for submission. Probably even better now than say, formal family group line ups would be. I'm pretty sure they know what clients are buying and they want to see that your staying in touch with the market *(visually literate)*, even if it is or isn't their favorite style.

*Think of images as a visual language, every year new "words' are added to the language and old ones fall out of use. In order to speak to contemporary clients you have to stay (visually literate). The older I get the harder that is for me. Some of my images have a real "Dag nab It" tone to them and (by jiminy) I still like them.