Image Review Guidelines
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Review Guidelines

I know I have seen this document somewhere but I can't find it. Where is the document or some sort of reference that indicates the different items the panel is looking for on the image review. Decided to take the plunge & register for the exam. Taking the written exam on Wednesday at Texas School, wish me luck.
    I saw that the image review is in a couple of weeks. Do I have right up until that date to select images or how does that work?

Mary, here are the guidelines:
    http://www.certifiedphotographer.com...guideline.html

You need to request a username and password from Marissa at PPA in order to upload images. I would upload them by May 8th since the review is on the 9th.

I'm doing it too! Good luck on the test!
    Cassandra Sullivan, CPP
    Massachusetts CPP Liason

Cassandra's Photography
    Here & There - The Blog
    "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."

Default I always say ...

Quote Originally Posted by MaryHenry View Post
    I know I have seen this document somewhere but I can't find it. Where is the document or some sort of reference that indicates the different items the panel is looking for on the image review. ork?
    Hi Mary;

I tell people that they are looking for above average quality images. The analogy I use is red ribbons in our state print competition ... scores from 76 to 79.

All 20 are viewed as one body of work. IF they all give the panel the feeling of above average, across the board, you should pass. However, if there a few images that are glaringly not up to the rest that will hurt you.

I guess then what I am looking for is what the judges look for when judging a print. Like I said, I know I have seen this somewhere on the website, but don't remember where. I have everything else for the image review in place, just need to check the images to see if it meets what the judges are looking for.

Default Except ...

Quote Originally Posted by MaryHenry View Post
    I guess then what I am looking for is what the judges look for when judging a print. Like I said, I know I have seen this somewhere on the website, but don't remember where. I have everything else for the image review in place, just need to check the images to see if it meets what the judges are looking for.
    Hi Mary;

There's just one difference ... you are supposed to use images as you present them to your clients. So, if you don't use a step-mount for clients, don't use a step-mount for certification.

Smile

Mary - As Cassandra said the article you are looking for is in Certifiedphotographer.com, click on "submission guidelines". You need to send in the submission form to Marisa at PPA to get the necessary information for uploading your images. Good luck with your exam and submission.
    Last edited by MarieCurtis; 04-24-2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typo

Default Interesting ...

Hi Marie;

I read that you create using large format and live in Connecticut. Many years ago we had a speaker from New England & I think it was your state. She went by "Lady O". Her images were all sepia toned black & white and gorgeous. She used an 11X14 view camera & available light. Her lens had no shutter ... not even a "packard' shutter. She took off the lens cap and put it back on when enough light reached the film. I just wondered if you ever heard of her ?

I think you are all misunderstanding what I am asking....I am not talking about the specifications on size...etc..& to to submit the images....I am talking about the document that breaks down what the panel is looking for...for example...composition...lighting...theme...color balance... posing..etc. If I had the list to work with...I could better personally judge which images would be better suited for submission.

Mary it sounds like you're looking for the 'elements of a merit print' guidelines used for competition prints.
    Someone may have a copy of that to share with you...but for certification, the judges want to see your client work, which does not necessarily have to be competition print quality.
    Just upload your best client images that show your overall standard of work.
    Cassandra Sullivan, CPP
    Massachusetts CPP Liason

Cassandra's Photography
    Here & There - The Blog
    "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."

Default The Dirty Dozen ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Sullivan View Post
    Mary it sounds like you're looking for the 'elements of a merit print' guidelines used for competition prints.
    Someone may have a copy of that to share with you...
    Hi Mary;

Since Cassandra brought it up, here is the "Dirty Dozen" list.
    Attached Files Attached Files