Super Monday Seminars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Michelle_Robinson

Default Super Monday Seminars

Super Monday + Legends - April 3, 2006

You’re going to love the changes PPA's made to this Spring’s Super Monday! In addition to the already fabulous lineup of instructors, we contacted some of the most well-known names in photography and asked them to join the Super Monday roster as “Legends.”

Super Monday features educational programs around the country at a location near you! Super Monday courses are hosted by professional photographers in their own studios. Pre-register by March 13 for only $99; after March 13, registration will be $120. Look for your copy of the Super Monday brochure in the February Issue of Professional Photographer, or online at http://www.ppa.com/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=49 and mark your calendar for the seminars you can’t miss!

Default Super Monday question...

Do you have to be a member of PPA to sign up for one of the seminars? I noticed on the registration form it asked for a PPA membership #.

Hi Mindy
    As far as I know you do not have to be a member. The ID # for members is used to give them credit for attendance. These Super Monday meetings count towards degrees for PPA members.

I took a couple before I became a PPA member. I don't think it's changed. At my last Super Monday one person had registered who wasn't a PPA member but he filled out the application form and sent it in and received PPA credit for that class.
    Monica Martin, CPP, Guntersville Alabama

Default For Mindy

Hi Mindy;

If you are a member, you gain an education merit. If not a PPA Member, you simply get to learn for a day for only $99.00.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP

Default Thanks...

Thanks everyone... I signed up for one today and looking forward to it...

I have just started my own photography business. I currently do not have the money to attend the Super Mondays. Does anyone have any advice or books that I could read that would help? I would love anyones advice.

Default several ideas

Hi Maryanne;

I have a two suggestions for you. #1 ...take advantage of the forums. Post images for us to review, and make suggestions, as well as us posting alternative versions. Post under portraits and / or weddings.

#2 I see that you are a web designer. A lot of photographers need web site help. You could possibly do a barter ... photog. lessons in exchange for doing a web site or updating one.

Good luck;

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
    floryphotog@mindspring.com

Thank you for the suggestion that is a really good idea. Do you need help with a website haha. I will defintely take that into consideration.

Maryanne,

a couple of months ago, there was a lengthy thread of photographers posting their favorite books. Marketing, sales, running successful businesses etc. were all highlighted in many of the books listed. Many of these books are truly tops in the field. Do a search and I am sure you will find them.

A couple worth mentioning to put you in the fast track or
    Mark Till's "THe Lucrative Photographer" perhaps the most benefitical book for the new and intermediate photographer. Another outstanding book is Tommy Newberry, "Success is Not an Accident. This book is all about goal making for your business and most importantly, your life.

Good reading to you.