CC for possible images for May 9 submission

Default CC for possible images for May 9 submission

I have passed the CPP exam (Yea!), but now I have to submit my photos before May 9. Would anyone mind taking a look at my work and letting me know what you think? I'm thick skinned, so please be honest.

Go to my website www.ellenduperretphotography.com
    Go to the Client section, password is ppa.

Thanks in advance!

Default My take on them ...

Hi Ellem;

Ok, my take on them: Yes ... 364, 048, 016, 025A, 051, 043, 014, 54, 1236. My Probable Yes's ... 022, 191, 015. Do you have any more ?

D. Craig is a little tougher than I would have been...I would not use
    116,51,011,1070,or 015...wouldn't use 111 without some subtle work on eyes.

Thank you both for your CC! I'll keep working on the collection of images and repost some new ones. I appreciate your responses.

D. Craig and Dave,
    I took out the ones you said no to, and added 7 new ones (the last 7 ones of the 20). I added catchlights to the eyes in #111 (although they are hard to see in the small photo on the website). What do you think now?

Hey Ellen,

I like the new additions to the group especially 18, 03, 17, 16, 06.

What about the girl with the violin? I can't remmber what we said about that one.
    Deb Wat, CPP
    Sandy Puc Portrait Design

Thanks for the feedback Deb. I'll have to consider adding the girl with the violin. BTW, cool avitar photo!

Hey, Ellen! I just made a comment on Cassandra's thread, so I thought I'd take a quick look here, too! First off, great job! It's so exciting to see good work going through this process! Here are a couple of quick comments from me (again, I'm submitting in May, too, so these are coming from someone who is in the process, too). And, keep in mind that I think this is a great batch of work, so the comments are "tweaking" comments rather than "start over" comments.

#22 - I love this image, but don't love the horse's ears. I'm a horse person and the ears are the biggest challenge in this image. You have another horse image later that I think is better.
    #48 - I really like this image, too, but the stripes on the blue shirt are tough. It would probably be pretty easy to take them out if you wanted to.
    #1016 - The guy on the left side of the image is much darker than the rest - can you lighten his face up a little? I'm not in love with this one, but if you kept it, I would recommend bringing him out a little more.
    #026 - the little girl in the chair gets lost a bit - if you kept this one, I'd lighten her face up a bit.
    #0018 - I think this is a great image. The only thing I don't like is the wall cutting through the heads on the left.
    I'm not in love with 003 or 0144.

Again, just nit-picky little things that would (in my humble opinion) take an already great portfolio and make it just a half-notch better.

Heather,
    Great suggestions! I'll go back through and make the changes. I agree with you on all of them. Thanks for taking the time for the feedback. Hey, good luck to you on May 9 too!