Print Competition Bootcamp
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Print Competition Bootcamp

Ask and yea shall receive. MARC Photographer of the Year, John Metcalfe and I(lowly Top 10 at MARC) just put together a cool class for anyone wanting to take their competition skills to the next level. There seems to be a lot of demand for something like this, so sign up and prove us right! Ha. Otherwise, well, John will mope around. . .

I can say from personal experience that there are definitely some things you need to know if you want to score higher. I have been doing competition for a fairly short period of time and there are some tricks to picking images, presentation, printing, and PS that will make you score better faster than you can imagine. We'll be setting up PPA competition lighting and sharing prints that won a lot of awards as well as prints that bit the big one! We are also encouraging people to bring in their own work for critique. We'll be showing images straight out of camera and then the final images on the screen and under the lights.

$125?!! A Merit?!!! Come on now!! We are holding this one in Alton on August 4th! We scheduled this a couple weeks after nationals hoping for some last minute drop ins. . . HA! Well, okay, I'm serious. Timing is everything. SO, get one service merit and a year to get a bunch of print merits. I've posted a flyer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Michael Barton, Cr. Photog., CPP, F-PPANI

Aug. 4, Print Competition boot Camp, Alton, IL
    Sep 10, Think Big!, GRPP, Rochester, NY
    Oct. 1, Something at Calumet Oak Brook that needs a title, Oak Brook, IL
    Nov. 1, Something at Calumet Chicago that needs a title, Chicago, IL
    Nov. 3, Some Super Monday Class with Metcalfe that I need to look up a name for., Batavia, IL

2. Default

Michael, can you post/upload the PDF? The attached image is not legible.
    John Heckler, M.Photog, CPP

Avatar compliments of Laura Laine Photography

You got it! I tried to fit it into a really small upload size. Here's a link:

http://www.indigophotographic.com/wo...mpBootCamp.pdf

Nov. 3, Some Super Monday Class with Metcalfe that I need to look up a name for., Batavia, IL

4. Default

Thanks Michael ... now I just have one more favor ... can you host one in Cinci, OH or somewhere near :-)
    John Heckler, M.Photog, CPP

Avatar compliments of Laura Laine Photography

Seriously? Drop me a line. 630-761-2990. We can do that. Heck, I like to travel. I'm always open if people will have me. I'm speaking for John as well! Ha.

Michael, where is this? I am assuming it's not near NJ

Noelle,

It's at my studio in Alton,IL. This is directly across from St. Louis, MO.

Here's the address and studio number if anyone is interested.

560 E. Broadway
    Alton, IL 62002

john

Default 17:00 ...

Hi Michael & John;

It is much easier to read now. I would suggest that you tell those who have never served in the military that 17:00 = 5:00PM.

That looks like a good seminar for state associations also. Is there any interest in traveling to Pa. ?

Louise_St.Romain

Quote Originally Posted by D. Craig Flory View Post
    Hi Michael & John;

It is much easier to read now. I would suggest that you tell those who have never served in the military that 17:00 = 5:00PM.

That looks like a good seminar for state associations also. Is there any interest in traveling to Pa. ?
    If you go to PA, I'd be interested in being there.

I guess I got a little carried away with the whole boot camp thing!!!! Ha! Then there's the whole squeezing it on a low res post thing. Ha! When we came up with the idea, we thought it would be something that could be taught anywhere and would very valuble to pretty much anyone looking to boost their scores. We can both humbly attest to that. Being on both sides of the equation is hard. I've certainly seen prints score low that could have scored higher for dumb stuff on my end! It's better being on the other side though. Enough of that.

I'd be all over PA. I know John's usually up for just about anything! We're getting tattooed tomorrow so speaking is a little more controlled. Did I say "we", well, at least John is. . . Ha! If anyone has any interest in taking the class in Alton let us know. If anyone would like to offer this workshop somewhere else we can certainly talk about it. Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I think we are on to something cool and I hope we can change lives here and really be a positive influence on the photographic community. That's what this is all about. If it was about the money, well, there were other avenues! This is more rewarding.