First time entering got an 80

Default First time entering got an 80

I would like to thank D. Craig, Keith and Holly and all the others that offered suggestions on two of my prints I posted here. First time entering and I got an 80 and what I think is a respectable 78. I sat in on some of the judging at MARC (Illinois and Indiana's regional conference) and the judging appeared to be a lot more critical this year as 80% of the prints I watched were challenged and discussed. As a first timer, I find the competition very, very intimidating but thanks to the help here, I got through it.

Many have said that entering competition will make you a better photographer and I believe it. I look at everything differently now.

Thanks again all.
    Roger Williams, CPP
    www.Tranquility-art.com Portrait/Wedding
    www.TAP-Online.net Sports when time allows

Default Happy for you ...

Hi Roger;

I'm very happy for you ! I am sure much more credit is due Keith, and Holly, but if I helped in some way ... you are welcome.

Now that the competition bug has bitten you, I recommend a hard drive folder "Possible Competition Files". When you create an image you think might work save a copy there.

Congratulations Roger! As a new member of PPA, my goal is to enter competition next year. The people on this forum are great and I look forward to posting some potential prints on here for comments/suggestions.

Roger - I'm sure you've posted the images before, but we'd all love to see them if you're willing to repost!

Hi Roger!

Congratulations! As Heather said, please share again! I hope that your other images were talked about- it is so great in the learning process to hear what judges 'see'. I seem to fall into the other 20% that don't get talked about! LOL
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

Congrats!! Can we see the images please.

Congratulations Roger!
    Cheri MacCallum
    CPP, M. Photog., M. Artist, MEI, Cr., GFD, Ph. Artist
    Painter Portraits for Pros and Fine Art Printing Services
    http://www.artbycheri.net/proserv.html
    www.artbycherifineart.net
    http://artbycheri.typepad.com/art_by_cheri/