Ok - So here I go - Frist Round of Possible CPP Images

Default Ok - So here I go - Frist Round of Possible CPP Images

I am thinking that I will apply for CPP and take the exam in April. I attended a lighting workshop by Don Chick yesterday -- so, tried to go through images and pick out some that I thought might work. I do weddings, portraiture and some product photography. I also do some fine art, hang them in exhibits and sell in a store and gallery. I wasn't sure how to address those -- so far, I have only posted ones that I have sold. So, if you have some time and want to look at /critique the first "draft" of my collection, here is a link:
    http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/i...0CPP%20Images/
    Thanks very much.
    Marilyn Dillon, CPP

www.marilyndillonphoto.com
    www.naturalexpressions-photo.com

"The question is not what you look at but what you see!"
    -Henry David Thoreau

Reilly is severly back lit, Busby is poorly lit with sunlight and Yaus needs to be lightened (image is too dark). All the rest are quite good, but those three will probably cause a rejection.

Also, what are your stated percentages of work? ie 40% weddings, 20% portraits, 20% commercial, 20% scenics... your images need to reflect those percentage guidlines.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Michael, thanks for your fast response. I may edit the portfolio as I hear back from people. I actually haven't even filled out my application yet -- I have to figure out exactly what my percentages should be.
    Marilyn Dillon, CPP

-Henry David Thoreau

Do you usually do the percentages by time spent? or income?
    Marilyn Dillon, CPP

-Henry David Thoreau

Income is usually the rule.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com