Va State Results are in....
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Va State Results are in....

And I will let Stephanie, Liz, and Dianna tell you about theirs. They did well... convention isn't over until Wednesday so I am not sure when they will be on, but I wanted to be the first to publicly congratulate them. I had to leave early for a speaking commitment for another organization.

I was in the room when a few of thiers were judged, but of course only one of mine came around and it wasnt talked about. But they did choose one of mine to discuss for the print critique program and I got some great feedback on how to improve the others from other people. I got 6 reds- (77-79) and I had done pretty much no artwork to any of them because I hadn't planned to enter until the last minute. I am therefore happy and will finish getting my act together for SEPPA. I figure 6 whites last year, 6 reds this year... can only mean 6 blues next year right? At any rate all but one (the rooster) were client work so at the very least I will get some happy clients and good marketing out of it. :-)

Congratulations on your success, that's great news!!
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

Congrats, Valerie! Have you posted any of those images yet?

Yep- they are a couple of pages back under Help VPPA and SEPPA. I did reprocess the guitar to add vibrance but that's about it. I eliminated the two D. Craig suggested. I worked the hot spot on one of the football ones, the detail was in the RAW file... but I printed the wrong one anyway- I was told that was my strongest one. I thought it would go back in the case because of the hot spot but put it in anyway since that was print number 6 and I figured why not. Glad I did.

Default I'm hurt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Harte View Post
    Yep- they are a couple of pages back under Help VPPA and SEPPA. I did reprocess the guitar to add vibrance but that's about it. I eliminated the two D. Craig suggested. I worked the hot spot on one of the football ones, the detail was in the RAW file... but I printed the wrong one anyway- I was told that was my strongest one. I thought it would go back in the case because of the hot spot but put it in anyway since that was print number 6 and I figured why not. Glad I did.
    Hi Valerie;

I'm hurt. sniff, sniff

Quote Originally Posted by D. Craig Flory View Post
    Hi Valerie;

I'm hurt. sniff, sniff

Maybe she is saying that she eliminated the two that you suggested to eliminate? Maybe its really a compliment, depending on how you read it....
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

I still want to hear the results from everyone who entered. We are only getting bits and pieces. I am so excited for all of you so now let's hear the final tally.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jackson View Post
    I still want to hear the results from everyone who entered. We are only getting bits and pieces. I am so excited for all of you so now let's hear the final tally.
    I want to hear also, but Liz won't answer her phone!
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

I figure 6 whites last year, 6 reds this year... can only mean 6 blues next year right?
    Great perspective!

The banquet is this evening and the convention will end around noon tomorrow. I will let Steff and Liz share their own results, but I don't know if they will be on here until after tomorrow.
    Tracy, CPP
    Recording Secretary, VPPA State Board of Directors
    2015 VPPA Convention Chairman
    VPPA Tidewater District Treasurer

Tracy- It was good to meet you at the toga party! I couldn't remember if you entered or not.

D Craig- Don is right, I eliminated the two that you suggested eliminating and did a little bit of saturation adjustment to the guitar... no time for much more. I have reworked two of mine based on what I knew was wrong and feedback. Would love some more. I am reposting. Doing the last minute SEPPA thing now. Looks like an overnight case for me too.... and I still have to drive to Manassas to our District Governor's to pick up my case since I didn't stay for the whole conference... oh yeah... and of course the studio is picking up again- don't these people know I don't have time to make money that its competition time? LOL