additional CPP study questions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default additional CPP study questions?

Can we have a quick discussion about additional CPP questions? Ch13-15 are "Special Techniques," "View Camera," and "The Zone System." None of these chapters figure prominently on the test. There might be one question from each, and they are basic enough that if you read the chapter you ought to get them, and if you didn't read the chapter you have probably a 50/50 chance of getting them right. Is there enough value for me to bother with them? I am more inclined to spend my energy going over 2,3,4 and 5 again (camera, lens, light and film, exposure).

I take this pretty seriously for having been volunteered, constructing my own questions that are as close as I can manage to the sorts of questions you will actually see on the test. I figure you call can go to the companion site and practice there, so there's no point in simply copying those over. So I go through the chapters again and find topics that seem significant and put together questions on those. It takes more time than you think, and it's hard to come up with questions that mimic those you will see on the test. (I read Kirk's objections with some distress, but that's how the questions are worded on the test so I felt that leaving the ambiguity in the question would be more helpful than a question worded with more precision and specificity than you will see on the actual test. In fact, that was one of my complaints about the test- some of the questions could have been worded more precisely.)

So given that my time to work on these questions is limited, I see four options. Tell me which you'd prefer, and we'll decide based on that.

A) Revisit Chapters 2-5
    B) Continue with chapters 13-15 (and why didn't you get them done this week?!!)
    C) Don't bother, we've pretty much got it
    D) Someone else takes over
    E) no one's paying attention anyway*

*I know. I shouldn't have. But it really strikes me as hilarious, so I did.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Let me first say, Mark, that the work you've done has been invaluable!!

I don't want you to kill yourself helping all the rest of us, but I, personally, would love to spend more time on the earlier chapters. I know when we got started we were only doing a few questions, so if we were to revisit that info, it would be awesome.

I vote for A) Revisit Chapters 2-5.
    And if you can come up with as many questions as possible between now and next Friday, that would be even better.

Mark you're doing a great job - thanks SO much for doing this!
    Cassandra Sullivan, CPP
    Massachusetts CPP Liason

Cassandra's Photography
    Here & There - The Blog
    "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."

Hey Mark
    If you prefer option A. I'm with you.
    Your in charge dude.

Thanks again! - David

I also want to thank you Mark especially since I am the one who started this whole shebang. ("Is there a study group??") I followed along religiously, just didnt always post my answers.

Whatever you want to do. I agree with skipping the three chapters that dont cover much. I like the discussion that comes up when someone doesnt understand a question that always makes me think in broader terms.

Wheres the thank you icon?

B.

And thanks. Next time I see you I'll bring a corkscrew.
    STEFF (not StePH)

Stephanie Millner Cr.Photog., CPP

main site | destination pets | blog | facebook | fan page

Ah, to live like the Italians... with extremely little to do.
    12.01.09 - Viva la Roma!

I vote for A
    Did you miss me?
    Andrea Chapelo, CPP
    www.chapelophotography.com

I vote for A too....
    yes I know I already voted...but I joined late, so I missed these chapters and that means I need double the help
    Did you miss me?
    Andrea Chapelo, CPP
    www.chapelophotography.com

Mark,
    I joined the study group late, so I also missed the early chapters. I am taking the test in Phoenix on Sunday (2/17) and I'd love a review of Chapters 2-5 if you can get them on the Forum before that! Thanks for taking the time to help us prepare. It is quite helpful.

Um, OMG. I'll try.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge