Another Competition Possibly?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another Competition Possibly?

Please critique.

Stopped to shoot some for me as I was leaving my hottest August Wedding. Considering that I was so tired I could hardly stand up, these turned out pretty good. The Moon was beautiful surrounded by those clouds.

Thanks

Dianna (still striving for perfection)

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny. "

Pretty, but probably shot too late in the evening for competition...need to have some color in the sky.

Hi Dave, I saw that you were still up after I posted. Oh pooh! How on earth would I capture the moon like that if there was color in the sky. Sometimes I wonder about this competition stuff. You can see the tree line in the background and some other clouds.

Thanks for responding.

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny. "

Default well....

"Oh pooh! How on earth would I capture the moon like that if there was color in the sky."

Hmmm...moonrise over hernandez? Not exactly color, I know... I agree with Dave, there just isn't any impact.....nothing to keep the viewer looking. Keep at it, it's a process.....

Dianna is this image on a RAW file? If so, open the raw file again and push the exposure way over to see if youcan open up the sky. If there is good information there without it being horribly pixelated, you might be able to create a sky layer and then another layer for the foreground subjects. It would require a bit of work and tweaking but it might be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DiannaAllen View Post
    Sometimes I wonder about this competition stuff.
    It can get discouraging sometimes, but those who keep after it will finally win. If it were easy, everyone would do it.

Default How ???

Quote Originally Posted by DiannaAllen View Post
    Hi Dave, I saw that you were still up after I posted. Oh pooh! How on earth would I capture the moon like that if there was color in the sky. Sometimes I wonder about this competition stuff. You can see the tree line in the background and some other clouds.

Thanks for responding.
    Hi Dianna;

I'm back from our two day state meeting featuring Stewart & Susan Powers.

One way to do what was suggested is to create one image right around dusk while detail remains in the sky. You do this on a tripod with angle focus, and focal length all the same both times. Next you create an image of the same scene after it gets dark. Put them together in Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Craig Flory View Post
    Hi Dianna;

One way to do what was suggested is to create one image right around dusk while detail remains in the sky. You do this on a tripod with angle focus, and focal length all the same both times. Next you create an image of the same scene after it gets dark. Put them together in Photoshop.
    D Craig is correct in suggesting photographing at the right time of day. Dusk or Dawn depending which direction you need to photograph to get the angle on the building. However you will only need one exposure to do it. The brighter sky at this time of day will compensate for the spot lights on the buildings. This will look just like the night cityscapes you see in posters and commercial images.
    Good Luck Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Is this kinda what you are referring to?

That's closer...the detail you have in the sky makes the image more interesting than just a black, featureless sky.