Preparing for Image Upload - Feedback Requested

Default Preparing for Image Upload - Feedback Requested

I am preparing my photos for uploading and I would greatly appreciate input into which photos should be included.

I will be submitting:
    Wedding 5% (1 image)
    Commercial 25% (5 images)
    Portrait 70% (14 images)

I am including a link to my Flickr groups that are set up for each set. If you would be so kind to let me know which ones in each group you would submit, I would be ever so grateful.

For the wedding images, they are all of the same wedding but only 1 will be submitted.

In the portrait category, the last two sets have two images from each session as I'm not sure which of them should be submitted.

Wedding

Commercial

Portrait

Thank you so very much!
    Keely
    Keely Deuschle, Cr.Photog, CPP
    Orange Park, FL
    President, Jacksonville Professional Photographers Guild

I don't know - but I just wanted to say I really like that pink magnolia and belly one. (Or is it a dahlia?) Anyway, it's really pretty!
    STEFF (not StePH)

Stephanie Millner Cr.Photog., CPP

main site | destination pets | blog | facebook | fan page

Ah, to live like the Italians... with extremely little to do.
    12.01.09 - Viva la Roma!

Default Hey,

I'm in the same boat as you, so take my thoughts lightly.

The pregnancy one where she's in the white, her nose breaks the line of her face and she isn't at full profile, that might be a problem for them.

And make sure your portraits have light in their eyes, most of yours look good, but that's the advice that's been hammered into my head, so it's the first to pop out.

Would love to hear your thoughts on mine, it's the "Please Critique Me" thread in this Certified Photographer area.

Best wishes to you on a successful review!!!

Keely,
    You have some very nice images. I'm not qualified to critique, but I will bump your thread so hopefully someone that is will see it and comment. If you have someone in particular you'd like to critique it, don't be shy about pm'ing them your link and asking them to look.

Good luck!

Thank you all for taking a look and for your comments!

Anyone else have any comments or input? I appreciate any and all feedback as that is the only way I will continue to improve.

Thanks!
    Orange Park, FL

Keely-

Of the wedding set, I'd probably use #3.

Portraits: this is a nice set, but there are a couple of things to watch. Look at #5. The little girl. See how big her foot appears? that's the 45mm focal length. You should be at least twice that.

go with 2, 21, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 9, 7, 14, 11, 6, 4, 3, 1 (I think there's an extra in there)

commercial: 4,5,7 for sure and 1,2 I guess

You should have no trouble with this portfolio
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Hi Keely;

For your wedding set, I like 2 the best. It's one of those must have shots at every wedding, and you did a good job on it. 3 is ok, but the pose seems a bit static to me.

I'm not a commercial photographer, but I like 7, 1 and 2. 4 and 5 also seem like they get the job done, but again, since I don't do commercial it's hard for me to tell.

On the portrait set, I like 3, 6, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20

on the portraits, here's what stopped me from choosing some of the others:

#1, lovely lighting here, but her posed bothers me. Perhaps you have some others from this session?
    #2, the shadow on the man's face
    #4, perhaps with some retouching this would work for me. Her messy hair hanging down is distracting me, as is the wrinkles in her shirt.
    #5, the foot. any other images from this session?
    #8 doesn't look posed, and the lighting on the lady's eyes is lacking, causing them to look sunken in.
    #12, nice concept, but the tilt of the baby's head is too much, it makes it look like the baby has something out of kilter with the head.
    #16 her elbow is entirely too big, takes up too much of the image.

20 and 21 both look a bit dark, but it may just be my monitor. The rest of them I could probably go either way on.

I hope this helps! I do not consider myself an expert but hopefully this will help you.

Karen Linsley, Cr.Photog., CPP
    www.imageangels.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#/ImageAngel...graphyServices
    Now Blogging! http://imageangels.com/blog/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/imageangel

I just wanted to thank everyone who responded for their input. Sometimes looking at these over and over again, I never saw some of the things that were pointed out. I greatly appreciate all the feedback. I did do some additional work on some and I think replaced one entirely that I found.

The images are uploaded and my fingers are crossed!

Thanks again! Now, my next working goal is to enter into competition!
    Orange Park, FL

Default Keely's List of Goals ....

Hi Keely;

It's nice that you have a list of goals. #1 Become Certified #2 Enter Competition #3 Get Craftsman Degree #4 Get Master of Photography Degree. (the last two not necessarily in that order)

As you write out your goals, try putting a time frame on them. Look for mentors to help you achieve the last two. Good luck !!!