Seminar
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seminar

Default Seminar

Anyone going tot he Captivated By The Light Seminar with Ed Pierce as host???????????????????????????
    Turning Cherished Moments into Memories
    www.sherylmariephotography.net

Hi Sheryl. I will be going to the Seattle seminar on March 9. Its a great way to spend a Sunday Afternoon

My wife and I are both going to the Peoria Illinois one. Such a deal for PPA members at just $19 per person.
    Roger Williams, CPP
    www.Tranquility-art.com Portrait/Wedding
    www.TAP-Online.net Sports when time allows

Sheryl -
    I went to one of the first sessions in Atlanta and ended up leaving early. I really enjoy the PhotoVision DVD's that I get, but that, essentially, is what the program was - a long PhotoVision DVD... which I would prefer to watch while sitting on my couch, not crammed into a hotel ballroom :-)

Most of what was presented was done via video, which wasn't bad, necessarily, but again, would prefer to watch it in my PJ's on my couch. For your $19 you do get two extra DVDs with additional info. Given the option, I would've paid the full $49 just to have all the info on DVD rather than make the trek to the semiar itself.

Just my opinion, of course....

Thank you Heather, that's what I wanted to know....26 miles one way on a busy Los Angeles freeway is not worth it....I am sure Marathon has good stuff too.....but my interest is more light oriented right now. So I will look for the DVD :=)

This is a 4-hour program, right? So is it partially lecture/sales pitch and partially video for the four hours, or is it 4 hours of lecture/sales pitch and you get a 4-hour video to take home?

Would it be worth it to pay 19 dollars, travel 45 minutes, get the DVDs and just go home?
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe
    Anything is possible for me.

Kirk Darling, CPP

Kirk -
    It's mostly video presentation/sales pitch (although he swears up and down it's not!). I paid the $19, drove 45 minutes, and have a great DVD set. So, yes, it was worth it to get the DVDs. I actually left early, but the DVD set I got was great. The DVD set is different from what he talks about/presents, but what he presents is actually material I had seen before (either in articles he's done or parts and pieces of videos).

Now, I saw Ed in Atlanta, which was the first city on the tour - he may have changed things up since then.

8. Default

Are the DVD's similar to the Photo Vision DVD's or is there a little more to them?

Similar - but speakers we've never seen before on PhotoVision.
    Last edited by Heather_L._Smith; 03-12-2008 at 02:16 AM. Reason: hit submit too soon

How do ppa members get the discounted admission price???

Thanks!

Mike