Image Review-critique for 20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Review-critique for 20

Anyone here up for reviewing a set of 20 images for that part of Certification? (Come on, ya know you wanna...... If so what is the best way to post? I was thinking an online gallery of 20+ so a few can be eliminated?

That works well, Cat. Post them with numbers (say 1-25) and that way it will be easy to point out the culls and the best ones. Online galleries are much less work than posting all the images here.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Folks in the past have provided a link to slide shows, some have posted them here. Whatever you do, try not to have the images bigger than the screen but bigger than 4x5.... say 6x7.5 size
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

Thanks!
    Can anyone elaborate on how they will need to be presented to the committee? I read the "specs"page, and returned my application, but all it really said was sized 8x10. Does it need to be slideshow format? 72 dpi saved for web? I know I will get password info, and perhaps more info when I receive my upload password, but I'd like to get started as I will be close to the wire.

Default .jpgs ...

Hi Cat;

The slideshow was the old way on a DVD. Now you upload .jpgs .

The email that I got back from Marissa this morning in response to a few questions said to just follow the directions once you get into the site. So, I guess as soon as we get our password and log on the site, we will find out more info.
    Last edited by Keely_Deuschle; 01-24-2008 at 04:53 PM.
    Keely Deuschle, Cr.Photog, CPP
    Mikkean Photography & Design, Orange Park, FL
    President, Jacksonville Professional Photographers Guild

Below is from the
    Image Guidelines and Uploading Instructions on portfolios.com.

Samples you are uploading should be around 650 pixels on the largest side (vertical or horizontal)
    -JPG images should have a resolution of 72dpi, and be saved in RGB mode with a quality of 5 or 6 (Medium) in Photoshop
    -File names should contain no spaces or special characters
    Attached Images Attached Images
    R. Scott Weldon
    Weldon Photography & Prepress
    Mertztown, PA 19539

Teach peace.

Blog: http://weldonphotography.wordpress.com

PPAofPA.org Profile: http://ppaofpa.org/WeldonPhotography

Thanks Scott
    Here is a link to my images if anyone wants to give thoughts. I have posted 37, with my goal being: 6 seniors, 6 child, 6 family, one maternity and 1 commercial. I did number them but when Adobe created the web gallery it did not post them in order. The numbers are on each image but they are no longer grouped together.

Thanks-strong cc welcome. If I need to find more let me know!

http://www.cathleenbroderick.com/imagereview/
    Last edited by cat_broderick; 01-25-2008 at 06:32 PM.

bumping up for thoughts?

Gee, Cat, after looking through them I think you could blindly pick any 20 and not have a thing to worry about. Next time, if you want them in order, number the first ones 01, 02, 03, etc.

My impressions on the individual images:

1) yes 10) no 11) yes 12) maybe 13) yes 14) yes 15) yes 16) yes* 17) yes 18) yes 19) yes 2) yes* 20) yes 21) yes 22) maybe 23) yes 24) yes 25) yes* 26) yes 27) yes 28) yes 29) yes 3) yes* 30) maybe 31) yes 32) yes 33) yes 34) yes, but retouch the blemish on her forehead 35) yes 36) yes 37) no. The image itself is fine, but you already have good family shots and this one has too many different colors in it 4) yes* 5) yes 6) maybe (if the focus is really supposed to be on the grasping little hand 7) yes 8) maybe 9) no (they are a little uncomfortable looking there, with stiff smiles, and you have enough better images that you don't need it. Otherwise this would be a "maybe")

You have plenty of material here and should have no trouble passing. I *ed my favorites. Nice work. You live on the Cape or something? This looks a lot like Cape Cod.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge