Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Here... need C&C

Hi there,
    I've been a lurker here for awhile and I like the critiques that everyone seems to get. I am trying to make my selections for our upcoming state competition and would like to get some feed back on these images. Please be brutally honest as I hate the number "79" although it seems to love me.

Some more...
    #5 (The Lady's Man)

Last ones...

Again, please be honest. I need six... I would love to hear your opinions for selections as well as anyway I can make the images better. Thanks in advance!
    Brian

LOL, "Bailiff, whack his pee pee". I'd photoshop that out..

#9 and #6 has potential. The allegator needs more definition as it seems a bit lost in the image. The wedding images need more impact to do well on the national level. On the cormorant, the vegitation around it need to have the hot spots removed as it makes the eye wander around the print. Turn your image upside down and look at it, you will see what I mean.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

I think the tubing image has potential but needs some motion blur to it. I wouldn't submit the monkey (#6) image as there is no light in the eyes. I think the Cormorant with an effect could be very interesting. The last image (#9) with a well printed b&w has potential.
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

Thanks everyone so far, 6 and 9 seem to be the favs. I could use some title help one these also, except for "lady's man" that title I'm keeping even if I don't show it in competition.

Brian,
    I like 6 and 9 as well although I think #6 is the brid shot, and the monkey is number 5. So I am going with the bird shot, and the tree in the river. I think both of these files as presented need some work to get closer to an 80 though.

Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

By the way does anyone know what kind of bird # 6 is? I think I am going to use it but I don't know what to call it.

I hate the number "79" although it seems to love me.
    While we all hate "79" and we've all gotten them, it does send a message!! It sends the message that you're almost there and with making changes and improvments on an image, it could merit!
    Cheri MacCallum
    CPP, M. Photog., M. Artist, MEI, Cr., GFD, Ph. Artist
    Painter Portraits for Pros and Fine Art Printing Services
    http://www.artbycheri.net/proserv.html
    www.artbycherifineart.net
    http://artbycheri.typepad.com/art_by_cheri/

Looks somewhat like a female anhinga.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge