PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a Lurker

Michael_Barton
01-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Hello everyone! I post here a bit here and there. I'll work on that! It was truly great to meet a bunch of you down in Tampa. It was also fantastic to see so many people here getting awards. That's just proof that we can't do it alone and these forums work. Well done! What a great bowling alley. I think I was there 3 nights in row. Usually found smoking a cigar away from the "freak dancing". It's safer there. . . Ha. I had a chance to hang out an extra day and hit the beach. Here are a couple of images from my last day before returning to the cold land of Chicago-ish. LONG DRIVE. I'll working on posting more from the rest of the week as well. I guess I'm working my way backward. The REALLY incriminating stuff comes last! Ha. Thanks for the memories. I look forward to meeting more of you. Heck, I even posted an avatar. . . Scary. Ask others. . .

Michael_Barton
01-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Outstanding! Let's try this again!

DianeDavis
01-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Michael-
Didn't get to meet you at Imaging, so nice to have you post more here. Looking forward to the "evidence" you will post soon :).

Michael_Barton
01-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey Diane! I was a bit tied up with commitments. I guess that's a good thing. There will be plenty more! How did the bathroom cleaning go?

Linda_Gregory
01-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Hiya former lurker! Nice images. Beach huh? I ended up walking all over before leaving for my flight at 4. (flight at 6, left for it at 4)

Beach woulda been nice!

DianeDavis
01-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Hey Diane! I was a bit tied up with commitments. I guess that's a good thing. There will be plenty more! How did the bathroom cleaning go?

Yeah- I just got to live vicariously through my kid and friends-

Thanks for asking about the bathroom. I'm slowly working my way towards it.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Michael,
I am so glad you had a good time at the beach. Everytime I bring my 600 f4 to the beach, they call the police. How did you manage to make images without an embarassing run-ins with the police?

Jeff

Michael_Barton
01-14-2008, 01:28 AM
What makes you think I didn't have a run-in? Ha. There's a funny story about that in St. Martin on a nude beach. Ha. That's for another time. I was just walking and didn't even realize I was, well, at the "other" beach. They really should add fences. . .

Marc_Benjamin
01-14-2008, 04:14 PM
The REALLY incriminating stuff comes last! Ha. Thanks for the memories. I look forward to meeting more of you. Heck, I even posted an avatar. . . Scary. Ask others. . .

Hey Michael,

The incriminating stuff thends to be funnier when we post them a few months before the next convention. Anyways, cool meeting you at the con.

Stephanie_Millner
01-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Yay, you posted! Such a pleasure to meet you and John at Imaging.
Love the sunset pic!

Jackie_Haggerty
01-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi Michael!

It is great to see you around here-

Michael_Barton
01-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey Jackie! Good to be had. I owe you a phone call! Being back in the studio after a two week "sabatical" isn't pretty. I haven't forgotten to return your call! sorry. . . . . . .

Scott_Painter
01-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Welcome: would you update your profile of where you are and what is the CPPA?

Jackie_Haggerty
01-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey Jackie! Good to be had. I owe you a phone call! Being back in the studio after a two week "sabatical" isn't pretty. I haven't forgotten to return your call! sorry. . . . . . .

No hurry, just was checking that you all got home ok! Even if Scott doesn't know where you are, I know where to find you! BTW, you are doing a main program in IL? Cool!

D._Craig_Flory
01-15-2008, 03:45 PM
I say he is in Connecticut. Michael, when you are teaching in Pittsburgh say hello to a bunch of my friends out there.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-15-2008, 04:00 PM
I say from the ppani, that he is from Northern Illinois.
Jeff

Michael_Barton
01-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Ah, oh yeah, I always say there's a lot of PP around. . . Sad. CPPA is the Chicagoland Professional Photographers Association. I'm speaking there in a month or so. My studio is about 35 minutes outside of Chicago or so. Far enough away to stay sane. Close enough to make money. I call it Chicago-ish. Remember "Wayne's World?" I'm about 7 minutes north of there. I also updated my profile, though admittedly, I must confess I didn't even know I had one! Sorry. . . .

Michael_Barton
01-15-2008, 04:03 PM
PPANI is the Professional Photographers Association of Northern Illinois. Good call sir! I fear, however, you are a ringer! Ha. Jackie and I are both members there and also on the board. I believe our proper title is "gimp". Great organization.

D._Craig_Flory
01-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi Michael;

I should have known that you were not from New England ... you don't have the accent. ;)

I have friends in Crystal Lake, Illinois.