PDA

View Full Version : What slideshow software for image review?

Jennifer_Grigg
01-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I plan on uploading the 20 images with captions before Feb 8, the date I was told on the phone at PPA.

I was also told that the resolution and slideshow presentation of the images are critical.

There are so many possiblities for the slideshow. What is the official resolution and software recommended by CPP?

I personally own 6 ways to produce a slideshow.

Is it a web slideshow?

Is it a DVD slideshow?

What size monitor will it be viewed on?

Is it projected, LCD HD, the size of a football stadium?

It seems like PPA would publish more details about the web based image review?

The pdf tells me what label to print and paste on the back of my prints that I am mailing in. Even CPP is phasing out the 8 x 10 review, so why isn't the pdf more oriented towards the upload review?

Sorry for all the questions. I am nervous and I really want to get this right the first time. I wouldn't mind being turned down based on my lack of professional images, but what a stupid feeling to be turned down based on a technicality.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Jen

KirkDarling
01-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Jennifer,

Search a bit through this topic. There are several threads of discussion on the slideshow requirements, including some recaps by people who used that method.

Katherine_Freeman
02-05-2008, 05:03 PM
E-mail Marissa Pitts, and she'll set up an account, and you just upload without having to worry about creating a slideshow!