PDA

View Full Version : Tampa, post conference

Linda_Gregory
01-11-2008, 12:39 PM
After you all left, I practiced being homeless. I checked out at 12, the hotel kept my luggage and I headed out with my camera for a walking tour. Liz was on my mind when I saw the extreme gecko. :)

http://www.lindagregory.com/Tampa-post/

Don_Chick
01-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Linda,
Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Karen_Linsley
01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks Linda! Those are awesome! And I'm glad I am not the only one who takes photos of seagulls!

Sandra_Pearce
01-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Linda,

Why didn't I see all those beautiful sites? Great work.

Sandra

Mark_Levesque
01-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Great stuff, Linda. As soon as I got to Tampa, I rued my decision to leave my camera home. There was lots of cool stuff to photograph, and plenty of great light. I would have loved to have taken the time to take the camera for a walk like you did, and been happy to get the results you did. Very nice.

Linda_Gregory
01-11-2008, 04:15 PM
thanks Mark. Travelling without a camera is not a choice for me.

My feet didn't like the walk...wore those same sandals all summer and this walk, I got a blister. I think it was because of all the bad shoe choices made through out the week. Felt very vulnerable as I washed my foot in the restroom by the lobby of the hotel I had checked out of. As I said, kept waiting to be kicked out as a vagabond homeless person!

D._Craig_Flory
01-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi group;

A friend of mine brought home an "Our PPA" ribbon & I got it from him today. I'm going to put on on my state association badge. That way I can tell anyone asking what that is about the Forum. And, if any of you ever come to one of our Pa. meetings you will see it and know me.

George_Hawkins
01-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Traveling without a camera is not a choice for me.

GREAT! Linda, I may have walked over that draw bridge a few times, but never saw it up. Me: I had Nikon D70s and D200 with me, but mostly carried Fuji E550, a P&S! Lesson learned - gotta do it!

George

Linda_Gregory
01-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Glad I could teach you something, George! You were so full of information, it'd be nice to pay back a little!

George_Hawkins
01-12-2008, 02:15 AM
Glad I could teach you something, George! You were so full of information, it'd be nice to pay back a little!

Usually, I do carry a DSLR, but had not carried my comfortable shoulder bag. I traveled with cameras & computer in a rolling carry on bag. I hate to walk around with camera around neck like a "tourist", BUT I could have used the Imaging canvas bag with a soft lens wrap I had with me in the bottom.

The lesson is: I will! However, I have not yet downloaded any P&S images, which are often better than I anticipate. I clicked off about 7 to consider a panorama.

I was full of information? I can not imagine what? Those who want to Paint a little and read & see images Michael Campbell posts, he has joined Marilyn Sholin's "Paint Outside the Frame" forum, which has an annual fee. You may be able to view a little before the fee. A great deal of info to see there. I was the trustee in his class at NEIPP school two years ago - unbelievable, especially for the likes of me with no formal art or painting education. I am slowly trying to do more Painting; collectively "we need to have a product" that the "digital debbie" out there can not do.

George