PDA

View Full Version : The other Group Shot!

Marc_Benjamin
01-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Ok guys, here's the other group shot from the Monday get together on the Patio.

http://www.kickstep.com/forums/Monday_Patio.jpg

Here's the full rez file for everyone to download: rightclick and save as! (http://www.kickstep.com/forums/Monday_Patio_fullRez.jpg)

PS. I was kinda freaking out cause I thought that the card on which this was in got lost.

JoeGierisch
01-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks Marc! Congratulations on your Craftsman!

Don_Chick
01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Marc,

What did you do "post-process to the image"? Did you run any filters and or photoshop on it?

Mark_Levesque
01-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Looks like a touch of Lucis.

George_Hawkins
01-11-2008, 01:57 AM

Here's the full rez file for everyone to download:

THANKS so much Marc!

I like this one, allowing me to remember the glamorous ones, the skiing lady, the artistic ones, the knowledgeable ones, the "older" ones standing, including Captain Ron, and other titles that my brain will not find! And of course the patio environment that I walked many times - getting that needed "light therapy"!

I was not in the other one, sorry Lori who I think was responsible for it.

Best to you all, Phoenix!

George

George_Hawkins
01-11-2008, 02:09 AM
BTW, I was at the awards Tuesday night. Leslie Artis-Gan received Masters & Craftsman Degrees! Didn't Michael say he'd be meeting the group?

Congratulations to all award/degree recipients!

George

Lori_Clapp
01-11-2008, 02:50 AM
Michael Gan met up with us the first night George, but I think you had left already.

Funny thing - I never actually got to talk to Michael, and didn't get to meet him, but I did meet his wife. She is very nice!

Congrats to everyone who received degrees/awards. If I had known so many of you would be there on stage, I definately would have stayed another day!!!

Ron_Jackson
01-11-2008, 02:58 AM
Yes and a big congratulations from me as well to all who earned their new necklaces! Great job!

Marc, that group shot turned out nice. Well done on the posing and the location.

Mark_Levesque
01-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Ran into Michael and Leslie several times. Nice people.

Marc_Benjamin
01-11-2008, 03:19 AM
Marc, that group shot turned out nice.

Thanks Ron, it was quite the timing game with the sky gobo. Hows that for a fisheye shot ey!

Marc,What did you do "post-process to the image"? Did you run any filters and or photoshop on it?

Hey Don, the first was de-fisheyeing, then head swaps, a 20% lucis layer, then each head had a fill painted and then the usual burn/dodge/curves.

Ron_Jackson
01-11-2008, 03:25 AM
Where did I read about someone going swing dancing?

Jackie_Haggerty
01-11-2008, 04:06 AM
Ron,

The swing dancing was during my program at the Millers booth on Tuesday....

too bad you missed it!

Ron_Jackson
01-11-2008, 04:17 AM
Dang! That must have been some talk. I had to change my critique time and it was while you were talking or uh, swing dancing. I love swing dancing. I went twice a week when I lived in Los Angeles and haven't been once since moving here to Florida. All those hours of lessons gone to waste. :(

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-11-2008, 04:23 AM
Nice shot! Wish I could have been there!

I'm not opposed to being Photoshopped in :-)

I JUST WANNA HUG YOU ALL RIGHT NOW!

Don_Chick
01-11-2008, 04:34 AM
Hey Don, the first was de-fisheyeing, then head swaps, a 20% lucis layer, then each head had a fill painted and then the usual burn/dodge/curves.

Marc,

Thank you. Do you remember what filter in Lucis you used? Whatever it was it sure made Liz taller. I don't remember her being that tall at the Safari!

Karen_Linsley
01-11-2008, 04:41 AM
thanks Marc! The mailman came today, waded through the snow to my mailbox, and picked up your CF card, so you should get it in a couple of days. I did not know you had left the card in my computer so I'm glad that worked out!

It sure was nice to meet everyone! I'm so glad I got to put names with faces (real ones!...some of us don't look like our avatars! :) )

Marc_Benjamin
01-11-2008, 04:44 AM
Marc,
Thank you. Do you remember what filter in Lucis you used? Whatever it was it sure made Liz taller. I don't remember her being that tall at the Safari!

Ya know, I dont remember her being that tall either! Hmmmmm

Don_Chick
01-11-2008, 04:47 AM
...some of us don't look like our avatars! :) )

Yikes!!! I hope not, woof! I will say that when I had a real pix of me somebody (I think Lori) told me to change it to anything else....:eek: :eek:

Mark_Levesque
01-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Speaking of "other" group shots, I seem to remember several at the Aquarium. :D

Liz_Vance
01-11-2008, 04:50 AM
Ya know, I dont remember her being that tall either! Hmmmmm

I'm tall on the inside. :)

Linda_Gregory
01-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Sorry I missed this one but hey, can't be everywhere! George, I've 'known' you for so many years...another list...it was really nice to actually meet you! Soon, as in the next few days if I can catch up, I'll post the one Liz took of me when I did finally show up. Oh, and the one I took of her burka style!

Cheri_MacCallum
01-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks for posting this Mark!!

Jackie_Haggerty
01-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Cheri, I think it is a group concensus that you need a new avatar- you are WAY more gorgeous than your current one!

D._Craig_Flory
01-11-2008, 02:19 PM
This is a word of caution for anyone who got a new "danglie" around their neck. From experience, when you sit down to eat, keep it out of your soup. Stick it inside your shirt or blouse. The metal is ok but the ribbon is hard to clean. ;)

Linda_Gregory
01-11-2008, 02:40 PM
I didn't get a danglie but I DID get a pin! No chance of it getting in food. :)

Cheri_MacCallum
01-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Cheri, I think it is a group concensus that you need a new avatar- you are WAY more gorgeous than your current one!

You are too sweet!!! Thank you!! :D

Lori_Clapp
01-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Cheri, I agree with Jackie - you are so much prettier in real life than in your avatar!

Don, sometimes my "other" personality posts things on the forum. I'm quite sure that I never told you to change your avatar. That darn other personality!

I will post the "from the balcony" group shots as soon as I figure out my LR problem!

Cheri_MacCallum
01-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Cheri, I agree with Jackie - you are so much prettier in real life than in your avatar!

Ya'll are just making me warm and fuzzy!!! Thanks girls!!!

D._Craig_Flory
01-11-2008, 09:00 PM
I would love to find that someone video-taped the swing dancing. I love to watch east coast swing and west coast swing but my favorite is the Lindy Hop. I own at least 25 swing CDs and most are late 90s' groups.

Linda_Gregory
01-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Nah, Liz and I were too fast for any video camera! No one expected our interaction at Jackie's program so they weren't prepared and unfortunately, the giggles got us faster than the end of the music!

Liz_Vance
01-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh, please god let there NOT be a video. :)

-e

D._Craig_Flory
01-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh, please god let there NOT be a video. :)

-e

Too late. I've already placed my order with paypal. They are selling like hotcakes and I have to wait till a bunch more get burned. I think I like it even better than the scene in the movie "The Mask" when Jim Carrey tosses Cameron Diaz in the air while dancing to Royal Crown Revue up on stage. It looks like you tossed each other even higher than Jim Carrey did. I highly recommend this digital to everyone on here. :p

Liz_Vance
01-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Ha! See, I know you're making this up now. Only Linda got tossed in the air.

-e :)

George_Hawkins
01-12-2008, 02:01 AM

Here's the full rez file for everyone to download: rightclick and save as! (http://www.kickstep.com/forums/Monday_Patio_fullRez.jpg)

GOT IT! GREAT!

Thanks Marc for the head swaps and whatever else. Who needs to know, but very nice remembrance to download and print for my files.

George

Keith_A_Howe
01-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Does anyone know where the images from the Kodak Party at the aquarium are at?

Linda_Gregory
01-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Hmmm...were those taken outside right before leaving? I think I may have some of them....hope they're not lost. I think others were on Dawn's camera. Anyone else?? (booting up laptop now)

Linda_Gregory
01-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Okay, here are two!

http://www.lindagregory.com/DSCF6034s.jpg

http://www.lindagregory.com/DSCF6035s.jpg

Linda_Gregory
01-12-2008, 06:22 PM
what was going on over there?

http://www.lindagregory.com/DSCF6033s.jpg

George_Hawkins
01-12-2008, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=Linda Gregory;123065]Okay, here are two!

NICE. The only one I saw there was Marc. So why did I not see anyone else?
I could have cuddled in by several women!

George

Marc_Benjamin
01-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Okay, here are two!

http://www.lindagregory.com/DSCF6034s.jpg

Thanks Linda, Btw there are some people who I don't recognize... Who's the master lady (BTW, should we be calling them mistresses now?) and the folks behind me?

NICE. The only one I saw there was Marc. So why did I not see anyone else? I could have cuddled in by several women!
George

George, I remember bumping into you right before this image was taken. That party was a little too scattered and it was hard to find people. Hopefully next year it will go back to big hall again with a dance floor in the middle.

Don_Chick
01-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Marc,

The Master Lady (on the left next to Jeff's wife) in black is Jessica Giovagnoli another fine NH photographer. Who (if you come to our conference in April) you can meet again!!!

The lady behind you (with her arm on you) is Jane Lydic Staid, also from NH (and active on ourppa)... Not sure of the gentleman the right of her.....

Linda_Gregory
01-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Marc, I believe the lady with her hand on your shoulders is the ever tastefully dressed Jane Lydick Staid who also was welcomed on stage but I do not want to misquote why. I believe that is her husband to her left. To her right is Lori Gragg from somewhere in Georgia and has the accent to compliment it!

Don_Chick
01-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Marc, I believe the lady with her hand on your shoulders is the ever tastefully dressed Jane Lydick Staid who also was welcomed on stage but I do not want to misquote why. I believe that is her husband to her left. To her right is Lori Gragg from somewhere in Georgia and has the accent to compliment it!

Yes it is Jane, she's a member of NHPPA.... Jane also received her Craftsman degree in Tampa.

George_Hawkins
01-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Yes it is Jane, she's a member of NHPPA.... Jane also received her Craftsman degree in Tampa.

AND she was Master first!

YES, Marc I do remember bumping in to you, and I did not follow; so I missed the image. Oh well, I bumped in to Dave Junion, who very seriously praised our New England School so much and commented that he would never teach at a school I choose to not name publicly.

George

Michael_Gan
01-15-2008, 03:36 AM
Leson learned: Never go off line for any exttended periods of time...12 pages of "New Posts" to wade through. I'll write when I get back Wednesday because I had previously written something that got erased because Disney's online timed out :(.

I'lllll be baaack...