PDA

View Full Version : Group shot at IUSA

Lori_Clapp
01-06-2008, 03:04 AM
Here is one of the group shots we got tonight. Lots of forum members showed up, and we invited a couple of poor, unsuspecting people to join the forum too!

Most of us look like our avatars so far - except me, of course, I am SO MUCH hotter in real life. Anyway, here's the pic - having a great time, wish you were here!

Oh, and for those who haven't met her, yes, Andrea is even cuter in real life!!

http://www.amomentintime2.com/public/11995921867944_groupsm.jpg

Lori_Clapp
01-06-2008, 03:10 AM
I will try to list everyone who's in the picture, although not in any kind of order, you can pick people out by their avatars!

me, John Heckler, Jackie Haggerty :) (finally), Andrea Chapelo, Jeff and Carolle Dachowskie, Mark and Betsy Levereesdquereeesaq (lol), Betsy and Jeff Finn, Liz Vance, Steph Miller, Cindi McDaniel, Sandra Pearce and her hubby, Heather Smith and her father in law, Elizabeth Poelka, Michael Gann, Derek Alvaraz, Marc Benjamin, Zack Davis, Linda Gregory, Val Harte, Tom (not sure of his last name, he's not on the forum) and some guy in the front row with jeans, white tennies, and a corona, who claims to be a photographer....can't recall his name at the moment.

andiegoodman
01-06-2008, 03:28 AM
Lori, looks like everyone is having a great time. Wish I were there.

DianeDavis
01-06-2008, 03:37 AM
AWWWW. You all look great. Wish I was there too.

Mark_Katz
01-06-2008, 03:44 AM
I for one am very jealous. :( Well it looks like everyone is having a great time. Oh I believe that's the famous Ron Jackson in the front row (yes I know you know who it is, I'm just reconfirming it)! :)

Art_Wright
01-06-2008, 04:42 AM
I so wish I was there... But, I'm off to sleep in my water bed... :)

Mike_Fulton
01-06-2008, 04:46 AM
Im sorry I missed out on the fun, I am still under the weather and between the meetings I had tonight and well drugs I am on it was all I could do to get out of the hotel room!

Again it was GREAT meeting some of you, I am so worn out but I can't sleep (due to the meds) tomorrow is going to be rough!

Tracy_McGee
01-06-2008, 04:48 AM
Awww! Color me another jealous. :( Next year. :)

Lori, which one are you?

Cassandra_Sullivan
01-06-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm jealous too. But definitely next year for me!

D._Craig_Flory
01-06-2008, 03:08 PM
I give this image a 76 ... just making it into the "above average" category. (76 to 79) The lighting isn't consistant and the posing could be better. And, it looks like there was no clothing consultation. But, I did give it a higher score due to all the hotties' in the image. :D

Robin_Arkenberg
01-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I give this image a 76 ... just making it into the "above average" category. (76 to 79) The lighting isn't consistant and the posing could be better. And, it looks like there was no clothing consultation. But, I did give it a higher score due to all the hotties' in the image. :D

It does appear to be in the "PPA" position for composition D. Craig, so I'll give it a 77.

Jack_Reznicki
01-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Heck, I'm here and wish I was there! :D
Busy in too many meetings, but hope to catch up Monday.

DianeDavis
01-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Ok- Time for more pictures for us at home!!!

Come on- anty up- we know you have them.

Jane_Lydick_Staid
01-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Darn!

You need to do another group shot. I didnt get here till this morning!

Joseph_Miska
01-07-2008, 01:03 AM
I missed the get-together, but it was great meeting those of you that were around the convention center today. I'm going to try and get there tomorrow, as well, but can't count on it. Hopefully I will, and I'll be able to and see the rest of you then.
joe

Robin_Arkenberg
01-07-2008, 01:12 AM
Darn!

You need to do another group shot. I didnt get here till this morning!

You could take a shot of yourself and do a head swap with someone in the group.:D

Tiffany_Schmitt
01-07-2008, 01:21 AM
SSSOOOO wish I was there....Maybe next year. Wishfull thinking.

T

Mark_Katz
01-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Speaking of next year, where will it be held next year?

Jack_Reznicki
01-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Speaking of next year, where will it be held next year?

Next year is Phoenix.

BTW, where is everyone meeting at noon Monday? Embassy Suites? The Trade show?

Lori_Clapp
01-07-2008, 03:01 AM
Next year is Phoenix.

BTW, where is everyone meeting at noon Monday? Embassy Suites? The Trade show?

Jack, at the Convention Center on the front steps or somewhere around the front at noon tomorrow.

Lori_Clapp
01-07-2008, 03:05 AM

Haha, well, how pathetic is this? I forgot to bring a point and shoot, so I haven't been able to take any images except with my camera phone, or my studio camera, which I don't like carrying around. So today, i decided to buy a point and shoot at the trade show of over 600 (SIX HUNDRED) booths. Well, can you believe it? Not one booth had a camera they would sell me. I didn't even specify point and shoot - they had no cameras for sale, at all! But they would all be happy to sell me one and ship it to me.

So, long story short, I only have cell phone pics, and believe me, you guys do NOT want to see them!

I'm a party pooper tonight - most of them headed out to party and I came home early. I learned LOTS today - Julienne Kost RAWKS!!!!

Lori_Clapp
01-07-2008, 03:09 AM
Tracey, Helllllooooo - I'm the cute one. Duh!

Lol, j/k - you know if I was really hot like I say I am, I wouldn't say I am! I am sitting right above/behind Cindi McDaniel and in front of John Heckler, over on the left. I think I look just like my avatar, except without the glasses.

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Speaking of which--as in party tonight--I saw you guys, those of you who gathered outside at the welcome party, but was with my friend from home. We planned to come over and say hello, but by the time we were ready to go over there you all were gone. Surely you did not plan a get-together and not tell me? :( Last night was great although I stayed up too late and overslept this morning. Looking forward to tomorrow's gathering to meet those who weren't here yet . . .

And like Lori, I was looking ot buy a PS camera today and couldn't. Wish I had one of mine here though--oh well.

Elizabeth

Lori_Clapp
01-07-2008, 03:22 AM
Elizabeth - no, we were outside, then we went inside on the second floor where the band was playing. Sorry we missed you! We eventually came back outside, but left shortly after that.

Andrea_Chapelo
01-07-2008, 12:24 PM

Diane, there are plenty of pics, but certain people have been threatened with their lives not to post them!:D

BTW, Your son Zack is a GREAT guy. You should be a very proud momma!

StaceyDamon
01-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Awww, you are all having too much fun! "That";) guy with the Corona has the right idea...and Liz has one too I think-Cheers!!

DianeDavis
01-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Lori- How weird is that- a photography convention that doesn't have cameras to sell??? We will be happy with the ones off from your camera phone. Honestly Lori, I had so much more fun last year when you and I were home and our "mini's" went.

Andrea- how much does it cost to get past the threats??

And thanks, I am proud of him- he is a pretty nice guy.

Linda_Gregory
01-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm here but refuse to post an image as I actually read the terms of use for internet useage. They are entitled to any image I post on a forum. Jack assures me it couldn't stick but I'm not about to take the chance. Bugger. Read the small print!

Everyone here at the manager's reception (free bar between 5 and 7) says hi. Keith is the instigator in the greetings!

Around the table we have..Stephanie Milner, Derek Alvarez, Dawn Bergeron, Jackie Haggarty (who rocked today, speaking at the Miller's booth), Lori Clapp, Holly Howe, Marc Benjamin, Betsy Finn and Mr Betsy Finn, Carole and Jeff Dachowski (heading up pizza orders), me, Mr Lori Clapp and the ever adorable Zach Davis.

Diane, I've referred to him as son a few times. It feels so natural!

My brain, I think, is fried and may never recover but oh, I think it's been worth it!

As for critiques, I went for my appt and it was with someone who's name I cannot remember. He was great, kind and very helpful. I also got Jeff and Keith to give opinions and I'm ready to go home and work on what I have.

I helped with setup for the print display and will help tomorrow with the tear down. Ah, over so soon!

I've also been told I look like my avatar minus the horns. <g>

DianeDavis
01-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks for takin' care of the boy Linda. I'm sure he misses me takin' care of him ;)

BTW- the print you made for me-- wasn't good enough. They figured it would be embassasing to display and want a full refund.

yeah.

Miss all of you-- and jealous you are having so much fun without me-- heck the mini-me didn't even get in a good table dance this year :(

Joe_Galioto
01-08-2008, 02:26 AM
i've been walking around the programs & trade show since the start.
have my red ourppa ribbon in full sight. i didn't meet one forum member yet.
maybe tomorow? front steps @ noon - is this corect?
joe

Tracy_McGee
01-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Joe, Lori posted a new meetup location I believe http://ourppa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9890 But I'm not there so I don't know if that is still the case or not. Maybe you could get someone's number and call them to avoid missing the group tomorrow?

Lori_Clapp
01-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Joe, most of our cell numbers are posted here on the forum - have you tried calling anyone? We don't have any plans to meet up anywhere now, a lot of us are leaving tomorrow.

Jane_Lydick_Staid
01-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Me too Joe, the only one I bumped into was Jeff about a half dozen times. I had all the phone numbers, but my husband and I decided to do some sun worshipping and met some fun people from Minnesota. We ended up going out to the Channelside for some fun with them.

Wish I could have managed it, its just so hectic here!

Cant wait for tonight!

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Hi everyone!
I didn't get to meet up yesterday as I got a phonecall that my Dad had been rushed to the hospital with a possible stroke and I was a bit freaked out... It's a bit gruesome as to how and where he was found so I will spare the details. Needless to say we had to leave a bit early today.

But, I did want to say that my newest assistant (the poor girl literally just started working with me) snapped the group shot that started this thread and I can only imagine how nervous she was! I don't think she has even picked up my 5D yet and was handed Lori's and asked to snap this on the fly! What a trooper she was... I'm so very PROUD of her!!! GO LISA!!!

I'll try to post our "point and shoot" camera version tomorrow if I have an extra moment, but they are operating on my Dad's heart in the morning. I just wanted to check in and take a peek at all these smiling faces and tell everyone how wonderful it was to "hang out" with you all!!!

Sandra_Pearce
01-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Cindi,

Hope all goes well with your Dad. I will keep him in my prayers. Glad I got to meet you. What fun you are.

Sandra Pearce

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-09-2008, 03:15 AM
Sandra, I just got off of your website and girl I couldn't stop OOOOHing and AHHHHing... I called my husband over so many times I think he was just in shock that I was so enthralled with another photographer's work! I saw those amazing prints of yours at the show as well while I was in Tampa... I spotted yours right away! Those clouds jumped out at me and I told Lisa that I had a feeling that it was yours and sure enough it was! We were both so excited for you! My Dad will be so excited when I tell him all about you because as I told you he was born and raised on your doorstep :-) He really needs all those prayers right now, but I'm hoping to be showing him your website and bragging about you VERY SOON!!!

Tracy_McGee
01-09-2008, 03:18 AM
Oh Cindi! I am so sorry. I hope his surgery goes well and that everything is okay. Prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery for him. *HUGS*

DianeDavis
01-09-2008, 03:27 AM
Prayers for you, your family and your Father, Cindi.

Liz_Vance
01-09-2008, 04:39 AM
Miss all of you-- and jealous you are having so much fun without me-- heck the mini-me didn't even get in a good table dance this year :(

We almost got one out of Andrea! If only that guy at the other table had been faster with his iPhone!

Btw, Linda, you're a great swing dance partner! :)

Lori_Clapp
01-09-2008, 06:06 AM
Cindi, I wondered what happened to you - I didn't see you at all for a long time, now I know why! I hope your dad is doing okay!! It was great to meet you!

Liz_Vance
01-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Just finished reading the thread - Cindi, I'm so sorry about your dad! I hope he's doing better... keep us posted, okay?

-e

D._Craig_Flory
01-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi Cindi;

I am offering my same thoughts and prayers as I did when you came here to Pa. to take the C.P.P. Exam the end of September and you left the next day to be with your Dad for his operation. It turned out well then so I'm hoping the same good vibes work now my friend. And please tell him that I said the same thing again, for him ... not to "goose" the nurses. :o Humor is always good medicine.

Andrea_Chapelo
01-09-2008, 03:01 PM
We almost got one out of Andrea! If only that guy at the other table had been faster with his iPhone!

Btw, Linda, you're a great swing dance partner! :)

That is not true!:p

Andrea_Chapelo
01-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Cindi,
Hope all is ok, I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

Ron_Jackson
01-09-2008, 03:17 PM
My prayers are with your dad today as well Cindi. I really enjoyed meeting you as well as everyone else at the convention.

Keith_A_Howe
01-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Ok, here is the lowdown on what really went on.

Andrea, Jackie and Dawn gave Zack enough fantasys to live on for the next year . . . let me just say slumber party.

Marc Bejamin is now known as Mmmmmmmmmmm, the artist formerly known as Marc.

Jeff Dachowski married above his station. He also now has a bruised chest from sleeping on his stomache while wearing his new medallion. Jeff, man, take it off in the shower at least!!!!!!

Liz Vance is now going to make tons of money with projection sales.

Lori, we all started talking about you behind your back as soon as you left.

Step and the rest- they are boarding our flight - so you lucked out - I can't tell on you.

Seriously, there were over 8400 attendence. PPA is now over 20,000 members. As councilman I got to hear about some exciting stuff coming up in the near future that will effect all of us. It's a great time to be a PPA member and it's about to get even better.

Keith

Stacy_Fulton
01-09-2008, 05:20 PM
I didn't get to make it to all of the big get togethers, but I was fortunate enough to meet a few of you (Mark, Karen and Hollie). Reading all of your posts makes me wanna get more involved on here so I can have all that fun with you guys next year! :)

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Just logged on while I'm waiting for my Dad to get through his surgery and just wanted to say I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! sniff sniff, tear falling... big splash...

Keely_Deuschle
01-09-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry that I missed you all! I was volunteering with the speakers and was kept busy when not taking in a session I was not working at! But it was an awesome time and hopefully I'll meet you all maybe next year!

Cindi, I'll keep your dad in my prayers, too.

Sandra_Pearce
01-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Cindi,

Dry your eyes, we are all with you and your Dad. Our prayers will be answered. Glad you liked my site. Hope to talk with you soon.

Sandra

DianeDavis
01-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Andrea, Jackie and Dawn gave Zack enough fantasys to live on for the next year . . . let me just say slumber party.

Keith

'K- don't even know if I want details. Maybe that is another one of those "I'd rather not knows". :D

Mark_Levesque
01-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I was wondering why you'd evaporated, Cindi. Sending prayers from here as well.

Stephanie_Millner
01-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Cindi, so sorry to hear about your father. I hope he's doing much better now.

Keith, that wasn't who the slumber party was with. Betsy, and I (and apparently Steven) say what happens at IUSA stays at... ok, well, apparently it's already been posted. Hey, my husband's in another country! LOL

(Diane, honest story is entirely G-rated - we lost our rooms, and shacked up with the Finns)

Lori_Clapp
01-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Steff, I think there were actually 2 different slumber parties.

And in the words of Ron Jackson, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, but what happens at IUSA gets posted on the forum!!

Lori_Clapp
01-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Ummmm...and who is Steven? Did I miss someone? I don't remember him.

Stephanie_Millner
01-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Haha, yes. That's true too - in fact, there were probably more than 2, but I'm not asking for details. ;)

Marc_Benjamin
01-10-2008, 01:09 AM
Awwwwwww that is a fantastic shot! I want a real copy!

Lori_Clapp
01-10-2008, 03:03 AM
Okay Marc, but my 8x10's start at $69, unless you buy additional prints, in which case, each print will cost you less the more you buy. I will, of course, have to add the on-location session fee, which my get pricey. Oh wait, I didn't actually create this image - I just handed someone my camera and went and sat on the step. Hmmm....I guess I will just send you a disk.

Linda_Gregory
01-10-2008, 03:41 AM
With Lori's price structure, let's all just get together and order together! Kinda like a taxi. heh

Made it home dead tired. Walked all over the area around our hotel and took pics of what we were surrounded with. I'll post some when I can get my computer combobulated and my mind back on track.

Was fun, educational and terrifically tiring! I had my own private slumber party and boy, did I saw logs!

JohnHeckler
01-10-2008, 04:03 AM
Well, I just wanted to say WOW ... that was fun! :-)

I think my brain still hurts and I have an awful lot to think about going forward. I am especially appreciative of all the folks I met and had a chance to talk with a little.

Walking to and from lunch talking with Jeff D, walking around the print exhibition talking with Linda, sitting in the expo eating hamburgers and fries with Lori and Holly, chatting with bunches of folks down in the lobby during "Manager's Welcoming" drinking for free! :-), and Derek after a few too many, with Mark and his wife over lunch ... like others have already said, the education outside the seminars was as good as anything on this trip. I tried to talk to Jackie, but our conversation kept getting circumvented, so we STILL need to chat some more girl!

I finally got to meet Andrea (who lives 15-20 minutes way from me) and so many others from the board, Stephanie, Marc, Keith, Zack, ...

I can't thank everyone enough for the time they spent sharing with me their knowledge, experience, and encouragement. That in and of itself was worth the "price of admission".

For me personally, I think Joe Buissink resonated the most with me, but man did I enjoy so many others. Jeff and Julia Woods, Marcus Bell, Tony Corbell, Yervant, Katrin Eismann, Jane Conner-Ziser, Ann Monteith ... and the list just goes on and on. And I missed some big ones too like Jerry Ghionis, Sarah Petty, and still others ... Sam Puc, Dave Junion ... you guys get the idea, you can read the program :-) ... basically, ALOT of talent!!!

Mike_Fulton
01-10-2008, 04:18 AM
Home myself and just wanted to say THANK YOU for everyone who helped me out in my first National Speaking Engagement as well as I wanted to say I am sorry for not being able to hang out near as much as I wanted too. Im simply not used to this being dragged into every aspect but where you want to be.

Again thank you all for allowing me to relax when the time allowed.

you guys are great!

Rick_Massarini
01-10-2008, 04:39 AM
Haha, well, how pathetic is this? I forgot to bring a point and shoot, so I haven't been able to take any images except with my camera phone...!!!

A better term, and one that I have been trying to popularize for a couple three years now is a "Point-and-HOPE". (You can credit me with the phrase so I can copyright and trademark it and retire on it!!!) ...yeah, it kinda like the one I brought with me... hit the button, and the camera says ... let's see I think I'll wait a while focus here or there and take the shot right about now ... waiting just long enough for the sun to set...

Also - "Little-bo-Linda" Gregory will have a new avatar as soon as I get the images off of my "Point and HOPE"...

Keith_A_Howe
01-10-2008, 04:39 AM
'K- don't even know if I want details. Maybe that is another one of those "I'd rather not knows". :D

It's ok Diane - just his vivid imagination. He was a good boy. . . except for when he dissappeared for hours on end?

If you look at the time of this post and the time of the post I made just as our flight was being boarded, you'll see how long it took us to get home. I hope you all feel sorry for us.

Keith

Rick_Massarini
01-10-2008, 04:47 AM
Dang, Keith - that's over 12 hours in transit - you should have just skipped the flight and walked - you probably could have made it home faster... I got home before you did and I didn't leave until after 8PM

Rick_Massarini
01-10-2008, 05:10 AM
I'm waiting for Mr. Gan to post the group photo that was taken on the patio on Monday afternoon. I missed the get-together on Saturday evening - after hanging prints until 630 I was, as an old friend would have said, "plum-tuckered-out" - not like some of you party animals... Anyway, it was really nice meeting all of you - even if it was hot out on the patio !!!

andiegoodman
01-10-2008, 05:28 AM
Cindi,

Prayers for your dad. Keep us posted.

DianeDavis
01-10-2008, 06:59 AM
It's ok Diane - just his vivid imagination. He was a good boy. . . except for when he dissappeared for hours on end?

If you look at the time of this post and the time of the post I made just as our flight was being boarded, you'll see how long it took us to get home. I hope you all feel sorry for us.

Keith

I would but it took me 8 1/2 hours to pick Zack up from the airport- so I got some of the work and none of the fun :(

JoeGierisch
01-10-2008, 12:11 PM
It was great meeting all of you this week! Congratulations to all who received degrees or awards Tuesday night.

I'm looking forward to the patio photo, also.

Cindi: I hope you know your whole family is in our thoughts and prayers. It was a pleasure meeting you!

Also, a special thanks to Ron for calling everyone Monday to meet on the patio. It's nice to actually meet rather than type.:rolleyes:

Now that I'm home, it's back to reality...

Mark_Levesque
01-10-2008, 01:12 PM
A shame they scheduled the patio photo in the middle of a program. :(

Karen_Linsley
01-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm waiting for Mr. Gan to post the group photo that was taken on the patio on Monday afternoon. I missed the get-together on Saturday evening - after hanging prints until 630 I was, as an old friend would have said, "plum-tuckered-out" - not like some of you party animals... Anyway, it was really nice meeting all of you - even if it was hot out on the patio !!!

Except it was Marc Benjamin who took that photo, not Michael Gan. WAIT! Marc didn't take it either..he handed his camera to some lady who took it for him, so he could be in the photo!

Linda_Gregory
01-10-2008, 01:36 PM
The lady was someone's new assistant...not used to handling a camera and did a bang up job.

As for the noon shoot, I also missed it. I was listening to the same speaker as Mark but chose poorly. Three marketing classes in a row, starting at body time 6 am made me rather tired. I asked the lady next to me to please nudge me if I nodded off and after three times, felt it wasn't fair to her, the speaker or me to sit through it and not get anything out of it. Can you say, jetlag, brain stretch and hunger in one sentence??

Lori_Clapp
01-10-2008, 01:59 PM
You guys are cracking me up! Linda, actually, he is talking about the lunch photo - the lady who took that one was actually a photographer who helped us out so Marc could be in the picture too! I want to see that one too!

Cindi's assistant is the one who took the image of us on the steps with my camera!

Liz_Vance
01-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Where is that pic, anyway? is it online yet? (It's the only one where I'm tall.)

Jack_Reznicki
01-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Sorry I missed a lot of you. More busy than I thought I would be. But a great show. Record crowd. Great energy. Wonderful presenters.
Just got back late last night and facing a ton in my studio.

I caught some stragglers Monday at the patio.
Some folks stopped me as I ran from one thing to another and it was great to connect the few times I did.
I'll have a lot more time next year :D

If space allows, we're trying to see if we can get a room or something to meet in. Can't promise, but we'll see if we can "formalize" an OurPPA meet somewhere.

Can't wait to see teh group shot posted.

Mark_Levesque
01-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Glad I managed your seminar first thing Sunday morning, Jack, so I could meet you, but I thought we'd meet up again to chat longer. Oh, well. There's always Phoenix.

Marc_Benjamin
01-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Where is that pic, anyway? is it online yet?

It's coming, I had left the CF card in Karen's laptop that I borrowed to use from my print critique!

Karen_Linsley
01-10-2008, 05:53 PM
It's in the CF card? Marc! Can I post it before I send you your card?

Marc_Benjamin
01-10-2008, 06:03 PM
It's in the CF card? Marc! Can I post it before I send you your card?

Can ya email me (marc@kickstep.com) the file first (so I could post it up in15 minutes), there's a few things that I would like to straighten out first.

Ron_Jackson
01-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Mark the reception on the patio started at 12 noon and went on for a long time to accomodate everyone's schedule. Sorry you missed it. I did miss out on Jack showing up. Dang! I have some ideas for receptions for next year that hopefully would make it easier for everyone. Don't think for a minute that it can't be cold in Phoenix in January though. The highs there for the next five days are around 65 with lows in the 40s and that is typical there for this time of year. Not likely to see the weather and temperatures we saw in Tampa. We will manage though. They do have inside bars there. :)

Karen_Linsley
01-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Can ya email me (marc@kickstep.com) the file first (so I could post it up in15 minutes), there's a few things that I would like to straighten out first.

on it's way Marc!

Mark_Levesque
01-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Mark the reception on the patio started at 12 noon and went on for a long time to accomodate everyone's schedule.
My issue was I did not know where it was. We certainly would have been there after the seminar if we'd known where to go. It's not the end of the world, but we didn't know anything at all about it until Linda handed me a note during the seminar. Of course, after I handed it back to her I realized I didn't know where the meet up was occurring, and by the time it occurred to me to find out, she was gone.

Lori_Clapp
01-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Mark, didn't you have our numbers? We missed you! It was hard to tell who was missing because they were avoiding spending more time with us, and who wanted to be there, but couldn't find us!

Mark_Levesque
01-11-2008, 01:03 AM
I did but got the impression that it was all going to be over by 12:30, when the seminar got out.

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Hey all. Just now getting back on the computer. I missed seeing everyone in the group settings except for Sat. night unfortunately. I had to take a cab everywhere and was staying at the Hyatt. At $5 each way it became pricey to go back and forth and I had to rest my leg. I would come for my first class and stay until I couldn't walk anymore, so I missed a lot of after-hours stuff at the Marriott. Let's just say I forked over a lot of money for room service!

It was a spectacular time for me even with crutches. Such a pleasure to meet all of you.

Cindi, I am praying for your Dad. I hope things are okay. And Kim (assitant? did I get her name right?) was so great.

Marc and Mark loved talking to you guys--Mark, I'll post a picture of my Wheaten for you (mostly for your wife)!

Sandra, I was so sad you left early! I wanted to introduce you to a friend of mine, but I hope everything's okay in your part of the woods. You remind me of my mom:).

Keith, thank you so much for your great critique. I wish I had seen you outside the critique booth, but I missed you. Honestly, one of the most valuable experiences I've had in a long time, photo-wise.

Ron, you're awesome--loved talking to you. Sorry about the poltical comment on smokers:(. I love you anyway . . .

Nate, I saw you EVERYWHERE! And I met Daniel--anyone else see him?

I saw Jack from a distance but could never get to you to say hello.

Lori, Liz, Heather, and everyone else, you guys added a dimension to this year's Imaging that made it so much more than what it was for me last year!

Connecting with everyone in real life was fantastic. Next year, I'll surely be able to walk, and then you'll wish I would go away!

Sorry I missed so much, but thank you guys for the time we had there, and the time you give on the forum. It is priceless.

Back to reality . . .ICK!

Elizabeth

Ron_Jackson
01-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Elizabeth you are a lot of fun to be around and talk to. I will never forget your entrance and everyone yelling, "Hey crutches lady!!" It makes me smile.

I could easily sit here and write a separate paragraph of memories and thank yous to so many people but I won't. Just know it was great.

Now I am headed back to Tampa for a large four day assignment and now I get to meet Jim Lersch over at SPI. Yeah!

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Go Ron! I have had to dive into the Mommy part of my job until Monday--then back to work. It is cold and rainy here--I would love to be back in 78 and sunny wether in FL! And next year, I will stay in the host hotel!

E

Jackie_Haggerty
01-11-2008, 01:28 AM
Just logged on while I'm waiting for my Dad to get through his surgery and just wanted to say I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! sniff sniff, tear falling... big splash...

Cindi- I can relate, believe me. My prayers are with you and your family.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Hi guys, I'm so tired after getting my Mom settled in, but wanted to check in and let you know that my Dad is doing OK... He's no happy camper mind you. His body simply isn't being too kind to him right now. But, we are hopeful for a full recovery.

He lost quite a bit more blood than normal as he takes PLAVIX, and is still under a close watch for repeat bleeding. So far, so good...

Just for all you smokers out there: My Dad has a hospital roommate who is going into surgery in the morning for a triple bypass and the ONLY reason the doctors could give him for his cardiovascular disease was his SMOKING! Something to think about...

JoeGierisch
01-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Just for all you smokers out there: My Dad has a hospital roommate who is going into surgery in the morning for a triple bypass and the ONLY reason the doctors could give him for his cardiovascular disease was his SMOKING! Something to think about...

Thanks Cindi,

I had a cardiology appointment yesterday and got talked to by my Dr.

Maybe now is the time.

D._Craig_Flory
01-11-2008, 02:06 PM
It is sooooo easy to give up smoking ... you just stop. When I got out of the service, in 1970, I told myself I wasn't going to smoke anymore and I haven't since that second. So what Cindi said - please stop.

Tracy_McGee
01-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Cindi, I'm glad to hear all is going as well as it can. :) Keep us posted. My mom had open heart surgery July 2006 and I remember as soon as I saw her hooked up to all of that equipment afterwards I just broke down. So huge hugs to you guys because I know how difficult the entire thing must be.

I smoked for 10 years and was never able to quit (even after my dad, who smoked for 30 years, was diagnosed with cancer less than a year after he quit smoking). I never thought I would quit and had accepted that, because it was just way too hard. And it made me way too grumpy trying. Only one thing made me quit. The day I found out I was pregnant with my son (who's now 4) I quit smoking that very second. Once it became about something and someone more than me, I could do it. And now, almost 5 years later, I can say that I will never start smoking again. (Gee, this thread is going in all sorts of directions huh? LOL!)

Mark_Levesque
01-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Good for you, Tracy.