PDA

View Full Version : Texas School.

Carsten_von_Hedemann
01-03-2008, 05:08 AM
We it just after 12:01 and I submitted my application for Texas school. I'm hoping to get Gregory & Lesa Daniel's. Is anyone else planning on going this year?

I've been twice before, and I can't wait to go back :)

c...

Mark_Katz
01-03-2008, 01:08 PM
At 12:01, I clicked the submit button and will be there in April. I'll be taking Tony Corbell's class. The Daniels were my second choice. Hope to see you there!

Carsten_von_Hedemann
01-03-2008, 01:30 PM
At 12:01, I clicked the submit button and will be there in April. I'll be taking Tony Corbell's class. The Daniels were my second choice. Hope to see you there!

Kewl, I took Tony's class last year. It was great I learned so much!!! You'll have a geat time :)

c...

Lori_Luza
01-03-2008, 01:54 PM
I registered this morning, too. I put Bry Cox, Hanson Fong, and Don MacGregor on my list.

Don_Chick
01-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I registered this morning, too. I put Bry Cox, Hanson Fong, and Don MacGregor on my list.

I've spent a week with Don MacGregor, if you get in his class you will learn so much. He's an awesome teacher.

Heather_L._Smith
01-03-2008, 04:37 PM
For those who have been there before, I would love some advice! I looked at the list of classes this morning and am blown away by what is offered at Texas School. This year is my year to master lighting and posing. I want to add more Seniors this year, but need a creative boost and want to feel very confident lighting on location and perfecting posing. Any classes/teachers you alumni would recommend? I pulled probably 6 classes that sound great, but just can't decide. I've seen some of the teachers speak before (Super Monday, WPPI, state convention), but have never been to one of the schools before.

Help!

Art_Wright
01-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Heather, if you haven't registered for a class, it is likely too late! Most of the more popular classes fill up within minutes (some, seconds) of midnight...

Mark_Katz
01-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Don't fret just yet. Last year I only booked a class after I got back from IUSA. No problem in getting in. But it wasn't one of the more popular folks (ie. Sandy Puc'). It was Monteith/Walden. It was actually my first choice too! Great class though, like I'm sure all of them are. Just choose 3 that you want to learn from and hope for the best.

D._Craig_Flory
01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
For those who have been there before, I would love some advice! I looked at the list of classes this morning and am blown away by what is offered at Texas School. This year is my year to master lighting and posing. I want to add more Seniors this year, but need a creative boost and want to feel very confident lighting on location and perfecting posing. Any classes/teachers you alumni would recommend? I pulled probably 6 classes that sound great, but just can't decide. I've seen some of the teachers speak before (Super Monday, WPPI, state convention), but have never been to one of the schools before.

Help!

Hi Heather;

I looked at who they are having. Under basic I'd suggest "A Week with David Newman" or "Portrait and Wedding Photography" with Doug Box. Under intermediate I'd try for Senior Photography with Larry Peters & Brian Killian.

derrick_waiters
01-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Heather,

Texas School will be a great experience for you, I have attend more than 7 Texas Schools. I left you a message on your AM with my cell number and work number.
Here are some things to ponder.

Of the areas that you want to improve what is your greatest weakness,
(area you really want to improve in)
With Seniors for example most of the instructors will cover lighting, posing, marketing etc.

Also one of the neat things is for example if you can't get into someone's class, you can buy their materials, also you will get a listing of who took whom, in each class. There will be time to socialize with a instructor even if you are not in their class.

So many people are their to help you and are willing to share just ask anyone

Call me and lets chat.

dougbox
01-09-2008, 05:17 PM
We had almost 600 people register in the first 10 minutes. This year is going to be great. There still are some great classes with room

Carsten_von_Hedemann
01-09-2008, 05:44 PM
We had almost 600 people register in the first 10 minutes. This year is going to be great. There still are some great classes with room

Wow, we might hit the 1,000 mark this year! :D Doesn't that quality us to become a city? lol

c...

Janet_Ciummei
01-11-2008, 03:30 PM
I am going to the Texas School for the first time. I just learned of it at Imaging. Lighting and Posing are the areas I am looking to work on while there. I've read the suggestions given regarding instructors but would welcome any additional suggestions you might have. I am familiar with only a couple of instructors listed.

Regarding getting to and from the school - I am having difficulty getting flights in and out of College Station at the times I need them. Is anyone flying into or driving from the Houston area?

How is the drive from Houston?

Is anyone interested in sharing a room? I booked one at the Best Western.

Thank you in advance for you input. :D

Mark_Katz
01-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Janet, being as I live in Houston, I'll be driving. It's an hour and a half drive. I might already be driving up with one or 2 other folks (or maybe none), but if you'd like, I'm sure we might be able to squeeze you in. I don't know about a roomie for you but just pay attention to the forum.

•••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••

Hey, this is my 1000th post. Took long enough. Now only 3k or so to catch up to Ron, Derek and D. Craig. :eek:

George_Hawkins
01-12-2008, 12:18 AM

Hey Doug,

Don't forget to say how good school is at NEIPP, in April on Cape Cod, Massachusetts - BEAUTIFUL! TEN GREAT CLASSES INCLUDING DOUG's

www.neipp.com and see the PDFs about each instructor.

George, One of the six trustees! (been a model on the beach for Doug!)

Art_Wright
01-12-2008, 12:23 AM
I doubt that is THE Doug Box...

Mark_Levesque
01-12-2008, 12:31 AM
And you'd be wrong.

George_Hawkins
01-12-2008, 01:33 AM
And you'd be wrong.

Mark is correct. What other Doug Box would know the specifics of registrations?

Janet_Ciummei
01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Mark - Thank you for the offer. I ended up booking a flight to College Station..all set!

Heather_Lee
01-18-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm the Wrangler from Kalen Henderson.

This will be my 10th year at school!

Lori_Luza
01-23-2008, 10:34 PM
got my letter today: Bry Cox: Jazz Photography & Fashion! whooo hoooo!!!!

('course, I'd have been happy with any of my three choices or almost any class/instructor at school.)

-Lori
who'll also be giving free tours of Northgate and Downtown Bryan. When y'all get to College Station, look me up. :)