PDA

View Full Version : Badge ribbons

Jack_Reznicki
12-31-2007, 03:16 AM
Hey Folks,

Just a reminder when you pick up your badges. There should be "OurPPA" badge ribbons to add to your ID badge. You know, those colored strips that you can attach to the bottom of your badge.
It'll make it easier to spot fellow Forum members.

See y'all in a few days.

Karen_Linsley
12-31-2007, 03:51 AM
Hi Jack, I already recieved my badge, where do I go to get the ribbon?

Liz_Vance
12-31-2007, 04:47 AM
I already have my badge, too. But I want a ribbon. I really like ribbons. :)

Daniel_Colvin
12-31-2007, 05:30 AM
I'm also curious about the aforementioned 'ribbon'

It seems special, and I therefore want one :)

Stan_Lawrence
12-31-2007, 05:57 AM
"I'm also curious about the aforementioned 'ribbon'"

Just be careful to learn the secret handshake....without it you won't get into any of the parties.....;)

Daniel_Colvin
12-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Just be careful to learn the secret handshake....without it you won't get into any of the parties.....;)

ooh good point! I'll have to learn that somehow before said parties.

Marc_Benjamin
12-31-2007, 11:37 AM
where do I go to get the ribbon?

For a convenience fee of 1 drink, I'll make sure that you get a ribbon right away!

Otherwise, look for the ribbons, maps and info booth/table that's close to the registration area.

Sandra_Pearce
12-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Marc,

Exactly what are the ribbons for? I guess none of us received them.

Sandra Pearce

Jack_Reznicki
12-31-2007, 01:24 PM
[I][COLOR=Lime]
Otherwise, look for the ribbons, maps and info booth/table that's close to the registration area.

Exactly. They were near registration last year. They're just the 3/4 inch ribbon that's the width of your badge. They have an adhesive strip on top so you can "string" several together to say what group or groups, committees,etc. you're with. Like Councilor, First timer, International, Board of Directors, etc. It's up to you to decide if you want to let people know if you're affiliated with any group.

It's very simple. Once you get there and see them, all will be clear :)

George_Hawkins
12-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Exactly. They were near registration last year. They're just the 3/4 inch ribbon that's the width of your badge. They have an adhesive strip on top so you can "string" several together to say what group or groups, committees,etc. you're with. Like Councilor, First timer, International, Board of Directors, etc. It's up to you to decide if you want to let people know if you're affiliated with any group.

It's very simple. Once you get there and see them, all will be clear :)

Jack, THANKS for the reminder. I've used them before: ASP member, Certified, and I'll look for the table, when it's not so busy. For me, that's it on national level, but a regional past president or affiliate school trustee?

Have a "presidential" convention, George

Cindi_K_McDaniel
12-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks Jack! I can hardly wait to get mine!

Heather_L._Smith
12-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Cool! I can't wait to meet you guys in person! I just hope I'll recognize all of you :-) It'll be like going to a high school reunion - we should all have a little thumbnail of our avatar on our badges!

Andrea_Chapelo
12-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Cool! I can't wait to meet you guys in person! I just hope I'll recognize all of you :-) It'll be like going to a high school reunion - we should all have a little thumbnail of our avatar on our badges!

Good idea Heather.:D It will be like the high school reunion where I actually WANT to see people. LOL

Michael_Gan
12-31-2007, 03:44 PM
The hard part is having so many of these ribbons, people think you're from the rainbow coalition. :D:p

Marc_Benjamin
12-31-2007, 04:18 PM
people think you're from the rainbow coalition. :D:p

Your not? Gosh and all these years I thought otherwise...... not that there's anything wrong with it!

Leon_Adelstone
12-31-2007, 06:57 PM

Ugh...Heather...If I don't recognize your face by seeing your face; I don't think a little picture of your face will help.

Mark_Levesque
12-31-2007, 08:22 PM
Ugh...Heather...If I don't recognize your face by seeing your face; I don't think a little picture of your face will help.
I dunno, Leon. I'm sure with some we'd say "no way! That's you?!!!"

Andrea_Chapelo
12-31-2007, 09:31 PM
I dunno, Leon. I'm sure with some we'd say "no way! That's you?!!!"

Good point Mark...If Marc B. doesn't have his hoodie on and his shades I may walk right past him:D

Heather_L._Smith
12-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Uh... yeeeeaaaaahhhh.... We're all a little too proficient at PS, I think :-)

Though, on second thought, I don't know that I want people staring at the picture on my ill-positioned badge... I'd rather have folks look at my eyes :-)

Andrea_Chapelo
12-31-2007, 10:44 PM

Though, on second thought, I don't know that I want people staring at the picture on my ill-positioned badge... I'd rather have folks look at my eyes :-)

Yah, if only we could look as good as our av's;)

Marc_Benjamin
12-31-2007, 11:14 PM

Hahahaha, true that!

Mark_Levesque
12-31-2007, 11:26 PM
I was checking you your avatar. Really. I was! What? What? LOL

Leon_Adelstone
01-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Good point Mark...If Marc B. doesn't have his hoodie on and his shades I may walk right past him:D

I might walk right past him, anyhow. :D

Marc_Benjamin
01-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I might walk right past him, anyhow.

How about if I wear my "Jack IS pres" T-shirt so I could be recognized faster!

Leon_Adelstone
01-02-2008, 05:52 PM

Well...I'll admit....I'm a little older than my AV. That pic was made at my "honors' banquet. And that was about twenty-thirteen years ago.

The top part of me still seems to be "pretty". I don't know about the bottom part...I haven't seen it for years.

Mark_Levesque
01-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Ok, Leon. Time to put up a current picture for your avatar so we won't go strolling by.

Michael_Gan
01-02-2008, 07:06 PM
No need to, just look for someone dressed like a magician! :D

Mark_Levesque
01-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Hahaha. "Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat!" "Again?" LOL

Ron_Jackson
01-02-2008, 08:12 PM
That's actually how I got in the habit of wearing so much black a few years ago.

Linda_Gregory
01-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Well, as pretty as it is, I must confess, I don't really look like my avatar. *sigh*

Better find that ribbon!

Liz_Vance
01-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah, me either. Which is why I post it. :)

Don_Chick
01-04-2008, 12:40 PM

Yea right Andrea!!! I've seen you in person....

Don_Chick
01-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Well, as pretty as it is, I must confess, I don't really look like my avatar. *sigh*

Better find that ribbon!

Linda,

I am still trying to figure out what your avatar really is!! If I catch it out of the corner of my eye (while typing) it looks like one thing, if I look directly at it, it appears to be something else...

Personally, I am hoping to look better than my avatar too! And change it as often as Tracy does hers!

Michael_Gan
01-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Woke up at 4:30 PST to get acclimated to you right coast people...sheesh....

Yea right Andrea!!! I've seen you in person....
Well, that's certainly encouraging! :)

Ron_Jackson
01-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Michael look at it this way.....you are still on the west coast. :) We Floridians have both an east and west coast so technically you are on the west coast. You can however drive two hours due east and truly be on the east coast.

Don_Chick
01-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Michael look at it this way.....you are still on the west coast. :) We Floridians have both an east and west coast so technically you are on the west coast. You can however drive two hours due east and truly be on the east coast.

Surly you have a dizzying intellect!! :eek: :D

Michael_Gan
01-04-2008, 01:27 PM
That's right! I almost forgot that you have a Beeline Hwy that says "Beeline North", when it actually heads east. Good thing I have Nav on my cellphone to get to Orlando! :D

George_Hawkins
01-04-2008, 04:49 PM

I AM ON WEST COAST NOW, just got to Tampa from Englewood (not CO, but FL). Same time zone as Ron.

George

Leon_Adelstone
01-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Ok, Leon. Time to put up a current picture for your avatar so we won't go strolling by.

You're right, Mark. I ran into a guy at Imaging USA that said, "Man!!!! You gotta update your avatar."

I'll admit, I'm older than that. But, fortunately, I'm still "pretty" (for an "elderly" man).

Rick_Massarini
01-10-2008, 04:53 AM
You're right, Mark. I ran into a guy at Imaging USA that said, "Man!!!! You gotta update your avatar."

I'll admit, I'm older than that. But, fortunately, I'm still "pretty" (for an "elderly" man).

Yeah, that was me who said you need to update your avatar. And as far as the "still pretty" part goes, well, I won't comment on that... Nice meeting you, Leon!

andiegoodman
01-10-2008, 05:38 AM
Linda,

I am still trying to figure out what your avatar really is!! If I catch it out of the corner of my eye (while typing) it looks like one thing, if I look directly at it, it appears to be something else...

Personally, I am hoping to look better than my avatar too! And change it as often as Tracy does hers!

Don, I think you are much better looking than your avatar. And I sure hope I don't look like mine. LOL

Tracy_McGee
01-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Personally, I am hoping to look better than my avatar too! And change it as often as Tracy does hers!What? Huh? Did *I* enter the conversation? I'm flattered to be spoken of (well, maybe). :D Don, you know what it means when you and I both are in the conversation. ;) I just like to play peek a boo with my av LOL! Now you see me, now see my kid. :p

D._Craig_Flory
01-10-2008, 01:32 PM
What? Huh? Did *I* enter the conversation? I'm flattered to be spoken of (well, maybe). :D Don, you know what it means when you and I both are in the conversation. ;) I just like to play peek a boo with my av LOL! Now you see me, now see my kid. :p

Hi Tracy;

I thought that was an image of you Tracy ! :D

Mark_Levesque
01-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, it is, genetically. :)