PDA

View Full Version : inujured foot in Tampa?

Elizabeth_Pokela
12-31-2007, 01:35 AM
Hello all. I've been off line for awhile due to holiday stuff and the fact that I broke my foot and sprained my ankle a few days ago. I was supposed to leave for Tampa Friday and stay through Wednesday, but I'm not sure I can handle so many days on my feet. I am staying at the Hyatt. I'm curious about my ability to get around town and the convention locations with a boot cast and crutches. Maybe by then I can lose the crutches except at the end of the day. I had simply planned to walk everywhere, but now I would have to save my walking for in the Expo and getting from class to class. Does anyone if it's easy to get around the area and or the convention sites?

Thanks so much,
Elizabeth

PhotogCraig
12-31-2007, 04:42 AM
Rent a wheel chair, and you will get a front row seat where ever you go.

I had to do the wheel chair thing at one point, and if you have to, it's better then not having such a tool at your disposal.

Dave_Cisco
12-31-2007, 05:17 AM
Wheelchair....$10/day. Had to do that for my wife this summer when she broke both bones in her ankle.:)

Elizabeth_Pokela
12-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks guys. I think I at least will shorten the trip, and check into the wheelchair.

Elizabeth

PhotogCraig
12-31-2007, 01:32 PM
I was meaning to say earlier, sorry to hear of your foot trouble.

I will be at the DWF event in Tampa a few days prior, I was hoping to be in good shape for this, I had a incident earlier this year where I was on crutches for several months, in fact it has only been just over a month that I have not had to at least use a cane.

In Oct. I decided to make a strong effort to get into shape and was hoping to lose 50 pounds and be walking daily and have more strength in the legs and hips and whole body.

I was doing pretty good, lost 24 pounds and then doing a honey doo for the wife got 80% of my body engulfed in Poision Ivy, that kept me down for two weeks, then followed by pneumonia so the last month has been a wash at best, but has left me very weak and hardly able to stand or walk for a few minutes at a time.

I am hoping that during the next two or three days I can build back up to walking a mile.

I am not so bad that I need a wheel chair, but I sure wanted to be stronger for this then I am, but I still plan on going.