PDA

View Full Version : Get together?

Nate_Weatherly
12-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but has anyone organized a get-together for PPA online regulars? Just wanted to make sure I don't miss it!

Andrea_Chapelo
12-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey Nate,
Good question. I am waiting to hear about something too. I don't want to miss any of the fun!

Daniel_Colvin
12-30-2007, 11:37 PM
I haven't heard anything, but then again I'm not a regular poster (kind of a new guy actually).

It would be nice to meet some of you guys, though!

Ron_Jackson
12-31-2007, 12:02 AM
The PPA Forum Members Only bar in the Ambassador Hotel top floor overlooking the bay 4 to 5 PM Wednesday and Thursday and the drinks are free for Forum members. I'm kidding. With the schedule the way it is, it might be tough to schedule but sure would be fun. I think we need to twist the arm of someone to pick a time and a bar and get the word out....quickly too.

PS-As far as I know there is no Ambassador hotel and Wednesday and Thursday are not show dates. :)

Andrea_Chapelo
12-31-2007, 12:05 AM
The PPA Forum Members Only bar in the Ambassador Hotel top floor overlooking the bay 4 to 5 PM Wednesday and Thursday and the drinks are free for Forum members. I'm kidding. With the schedule the way it is, it might be tough to schedule but sure would be fun. I think we need to twist the arm of someone to pick a time and a bar and get the word out....quickly too.

PS-As far as I know there is no Ambassador hotel and Wednesday and Thursday are not show dates. :)

Hey Ron, Did you just volunteer to pick a time and bar? I think you might have:D You know I am dying to meet you. SO when and where should the Ourppa memebers show up?;)

Don_Chick
12-31-2007, 12:11 AM
Hey... did somebody say to meet at Ron's room in the Ambassador Hotel top floor overlooking the bay 4 to 5 PM Wednesday and Thursday???

Wish I could make it..:( :( Maybe next year...:rolleyes:

Nate_Weatherly
12-31-2007, 12:50 AM
If I knew anything I'd pick a place, but this is my first time at Imaging and my first time in Tampa! I'd suggest maybe Saturday night? Will most people be there by then? If not then when would be good? Any suggestions for a place Ron?

Andrea_Chapelo
12-31-2007, 12:55 AM
It is my first time too Nate, so I am of no help either.

Come on Ron...help a girl out. I do NOT want to spend Saturday night sitting alone watching the news. So Ron put on your best plaid shorts and let's all meet for a drink! :D

Andrea_Chapelo
12-31-2007, 12:57 AM
[COLOR="Lime"]Wish I could make it..:( :( Maybe next year

Don,
I wish you could make it too. :( If you make it next year, be forewarned...I will be following you around driving you crazy with questions:)

Daniel_Colvin
12-31-2007, 01:08 AM
If I knew anything I'd pick a place, but this is my first time at Imaging and my first time in Tampa! I'd suggest maybe Saturday night? Will most people be there by then? If not then when would be good? Any suggestions for a place Ron?

Saturday's a good choice. The pre-con classes on Saturday end at 5 (or most of them), so there is tons of free time then. From what I've seen alot of people are going to pre-con classes...after mine I'll probably just be relaxing anyway, so I'm up for something.

I've never been to Imaging or Tampa either, so I'll just follow :)

Drew_MacCallum
12-31-2007, 01:23 AM
If you have not been to Tampa, I HIGHLY suggest a trip over to the Columbia in Ybor City- http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/ybor.asp Its been around since 1905 and has AMAZING food.

I plan on taking Cheri and a few of our friends there Monday night as its our only night without something going on...feel free to email me and I can add to the reservation. I do need a count, as reservations are required...If we plan it right, we can see the Flamenco show...

Ron_Jackson
12-31-2007, 02:11 AM
Okay then. I am going to first say the target is Saturday night. Now let me do some research and I will find us a place probably in one of the two hotels for convience. I'll get back to you here.

Andrea, don't get too excited about meeting me. I'm just a wanna be. You really want to meet the big names. But I will try to make you laugh and spew wine through your nose. :) And no, there won't be any hiding in the room watching CNN if I can help it.

Andrea_Chapelo
12-31-2007, 02:13 AM
Andrea, don't get too excited about meeting me. I'm just a wanna be. You really want to meet the big names. But I will try to make you laugh and spew wine through your nose. :) And no, there won't be any hiding in the room watching CNN if I can help it.

Hey Ron,
The whole reason I want to meet you is so you can make me spew wine through my nose:D lol BTW I don't get into the airport until 7:15 so you all better not get too crazy without me:D

Lori_Clapp
12-31-2007, 02:41 AM
Okay, I'm glad someone is doing this because I was supposed to, but dropped the ball. I think it's best if we just let Ron pick a place and then we can all show up whenever. Ron is the best to pick since he's from Florida...thanks Ron! Saturday night sounds good to me, unless me and my husband decide to go sight seeing, but I'd much rather play with all of you!!

George_Hawkins
12-31-2007, 03:10 AM
Okay then. I am going to first say the target is Saturday night. Now let me do some research and I will find us a place probably in one of the two hotels for convience. I'll get back to you here.

Ron,

Situations too long to explain, I may now arrive Friday morning, instead of Saturday afternoon. I am currently at sister's & husband's just southwest of Sarasota; they will leave me in Tampa on their drive back to MD. They now may drive Friday. Anyone gathering Friday or Friday night?

George

Don_Chick
12-31-2007, 03:10 AM
Don,
I wish you could make it too. :( If you make it next year, be forewarned...I will be following you around driving you crazy with questions:)

Andrea,

What do you want to know? You don't have to wait till next year to ask questions, you know that!! :D :D

George_Hawkins
12-31-2007, 03:35 AM
Andrea,

What do you want to know? You don't have to wait till next year to ask questions, you know that!! :D :D

Don,

Where can I find the subjects you find? People with such "character"!

George

Jack_Reznicki
12-31-2007, 04:11 AM
I'm tied up most evenings. Saturday is also the PPA Charities auction.
So how about, along with your Saturday, how about Monday afternoon? Like 12:00, 1:00ish. Somewhere near the Trade Show?

And like last year, there should be a table the Tuesday night party again, but it's noisy, and other locales would be great for meeting and talking.

Lori_Clapp
12-31-2007, 04:25 AM
I will be in FL on Friday night too, in case anyone else is and wants to get together. We should all have internet access once we get there, right? Maybe we can do a thread just for "lost and found", or "alone and bored" and we can all use it to find each other? Maybe?

Karen_Linsley
12-31-2007, 04:47 AM
I would love to meet everyone! I am arriving Saturday night sometime, forget when exactly, but it's not too late.

Jack, I'm getting a print comp critique at 12:20 on Monday at the trade show, so would like it to be 1 pm....where? Is there a PPA booth we could meet at?

Ron: I'm up for meeting in a bar, but order a diet coke for me please, or some coffee.

Drew, that Monday night dinner sounds fantastic! Can I come?

Ron_Jackson
12-31-2007, 04:59 AM
Jack that's a great idea. There are several places we could try. One is the Atrium at the Embassy, another is the Waterside Cafe at the Marriot and then the Mariott has the Lobby Bar as well. This keeps us close to everything. Of course there will be 7999 other people wanting to do the same so I will work on it but let's do plan the Monday 12 meeting as well. I will get back here on this thread tomorrow with more information.
Ron

Rick_Massarini
12-31-2007, 05:38 AM
I'll be arriving on Saturday morning. We start hanging the prints around noon, and we should be finished by 4 or 5 - so Saturday before the PPA Charities event or sometime on Monday adjacent to the trade show (maybe in the print exhibit area or in the area around the mentor booths) sounds good to me. I will not be bringing a computer with me, and probably others will not either, so using a thread to communicate while at the convention may not work for many...

Cheri_MacCallum
12-31-2007, 05:46 AM
Drew, that Monday night dinner sounds fantastic! Can I come?

Absolutely!!

Rick_Massarini
12-31-2007, 05:57 AM
Just a reminder - Monday night is the night of the ASP banquet - that might be a conflict for some.

Karen_Linsley
12-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Jack that's a great idea. There are several places we could try. One is the Atrium at the Embassy, another is the Waterside Cafe at the Marriot and then the Mariott has the Lobby Bar as well. This keeps us close to everything. Of course there will be 7999 other people wanting to do the same so I will work on it but let's do plan the Monday 12 meeting as well. I will get back here on this thread tomorrow with more information.
Ron

Can we do Monday at 1 pm? I have a print critique at noon!

Ron_Jackson
12-31-2007, 02:08 PM
I have said this is going to difficult with all the different schedules. There is not a clear and obvious time and place that will work for everyone. I will come up with two times on two days. One Saturday and one Monday and a place for those meetings. Anyone who can make it to either will know those are the places and times. The times will be "start" times and there won't be any end time since some can stay longer and some will come in later. That's the best I can do and hopefully we will get to meet quite a few at those times.

Jack_Reznicki
12-31-2007, 02:29 PM
I have said this is going to difficult with all the different schedules. There is not a clear and obvious time and place that will work for everyone.

Ron,

Why not decide Monday's afternoon place on Sunday. Being near the Trade show makes sense and once we're there, an obvious place might be made clear.
Why don't we post Sunday where we'll meet on Monday? We can talk as we see people Sunday and then post it in the evening. I assume most will be checking email either late at night or early morning (depending on the drinking at night :D )

Ron_Jackson
12-31-2007, 02:41 PM
FYI

The current weather forecast for Tampa is:

Friday partly cloudy high of 67
Saturday partly cloudy high of 74
Sunday partly cloudy high of 79
Monday sunny high of 80
Tuesday mostly sunny high of 81

Ron_Jackson
12-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Good idea Jack. It's easy to sit here and say one thing but then it can so easily change once at the event.

For those who don't have email access, find someone who does so you can see what the time and place is.

Cheri_MacCallum
12-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Just a reminder - Monday night is the night of the ASP banquet - that might be a conflict for some.

And that's O.K. That's our only night out, so we're sticking to it! :D

George_Hawkins
12-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Monday night's super program should be SUPER. Review Howard Schatz's website, and the article in current "PhotoPro" magazine. FYI
I am a believer that "we" should take advantage of such programs & people.
George

I'll have email access at Embassy and would love to get together. I am arriving Friday, and may walk or cab to the Apple Store!

Jack_Reznicki
12-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Monday night's super program should be SUPER. Review Howard Schatz's website, and the article in current "PhotoPro" magazine.

Howard's a friend of mine and one of the most inspirational and sharing photographers I know.
It really will be a "Super" program.

Jeff_Dachowski
12-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Howard's a friend of mine and one of the most inspirational and sharing photographers I know.
It really will be a "Super" program.

Wow Jack,
Last year the super program was a friend of yours as well. What's up with that?????

:)
Jeff

George_Hawkins
12-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Wow Jack,
Last year the super program was a friend of yours as well. What's up with that?????:)
Jeff

Jeff,
He is "in the loop" with the likes of the late Arnold Newman (whom we had at PPANE), the late Richard Avedon, New York City resident Jay Maisel, former White House photographer David Hume Kennerly, and others.

BTW. Sal & I have tried to persuade several current PPANE officers to book Jack! No accusations, but some disregard our comments.

George

JohnHeckler
12-31-2007, 09:07 PM
I heard a rumor that Pres Jack Reznicki is buying first rounds for all of the OurPPA folks that show up ... WAY TO GO JACK!

Ok, so I made it up :D you should still spread it, no?!?! :D

Mark_Levesque
12-31-2007, 09:32 PM
We're in on the Saturday night get together. This is going to be a blast, I can tell. :)

Oughtta be interesting getting to Jack's talk on Sunday morning. :D

Ron_Jackson
12-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Dang! I told you we should be posting this out in the open. Now Mark knows. Oh well.

Ha! Yes Mark I think this will be a blast. The trick is finding a place where we can have enough space and seats as more join us considering there are 8000 people probably all doing the same thing in the same places. We will get it worked out. I may have to stake out a place mid afternoon but then what in the world will my bar tab be by the time people show up and more importantly, will I be coherent when they do? :)

Don_Barnes
12-31-2007, 10:28 PM
I also will get in Friday evening. An informal Friday gtg, the main show on Saturday, and then the "Royal Court Appearance" with HRH Jack on Monday. Life is sweet. Now where did I put those sunglasses from last year?

Andrea_Chapelo
12-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Dang! I told you we should be posting this out in the open. Now Mark knows. Oh well.

Ha! Yes Mark I think this will be a blast. The trick is finding a place where we can have enough space and seats as more join us considering there are 8000 people probably all doing the same thing in the same places. We will get it worked out. I may have to stake out a place mid afternoon but then what in the world will my bar tab be by the time people show up and more importantly, will I be coherent when they do? :)

Hey Ron, I don't get in until after 7...you better not leave until I get there. I will take it personally:p We don't all need seats. I am quite capable of standing with my drink. Just tell me where to be:D I am so excited.

Jack_Reznicki
12-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Jeff,
He is "in the loop"

Hey George,

Thanks, but I've only met Avedon and Kennerly socially, they're not FOJ (friends of Jack :D )

But I've been blessed knowing many great photographers, many becoming friends. That include lots of the folks here on the Forum. :)

Jack_Reznicki
12-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Oughtta be interesting getting to Jack's talk on Sunday morning. :D

Yeah, tell me about it! :eek:

Marc_Benjamin
01-01-2008, 12:19 AM
I heard a rumor that Pres Jack Reznicki is buying first rounds for all of the OurPPA folks that show up ... WAY TO GO JACK!

So the "Jack on the rocks on Jack" rumor is true! Hmmmmmm

Mark_Levesque
01-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Well, yah gotta take the bad with the good. :p

I may have to stake out a place mid afternoon but then what in the world will my bar tab be by the time people show up[1] and more importantly, will I be coherent when they do?[2]
1) Who cares?
2) Who cares? (even better if you aren't.) "Just add this to the prone guy's tab." LOL

:D

Lori_Clapp
01-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Monday night's super program should be SUPER. Review Howard Schatz's website, and the article in current "PhotoPro" magazine. FYI
I am a believer that "we" should take advantage of such programs & people.
George

I'll have email access at Embassy and would love to get together. I am arriving Friday, and may walk or cab to the Apple Store!

George - YES!!!!!! The Apple Store - I wanna' go, I wanna' go!!! If you find it, can you let me know where? I won't get in until around 6:00 on Friday. Thanks!!

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Ok, as long as I don't have to be alone during the entire trip I'm happy! I'll keep a watch here in hopes that I get to meet at least a couple of you guys because my hubbie won't get to come... sniff sniff... I actually thought about cancelling the trip, but I still think I'll get tons of inspiration even going alone, so look out Tampa, here I come!

Ron_Jackson
01-01-2008, 03:14 AM
I've been thinking about this and came up with a great idea. Jack is the President so he must be staying in the Presidential suite. Therefore it makes sense to me that we host this gathering in Jack's palacial digs on the top floor overlooking the bay with free beverages of your choice and of course the shrimp platter and all the other typical finger foods. I think this is just an excellent idea. :)

Andrea_Chapelo
01-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Ok, as long as I don't have to be alone during the entire trip I'm happy! I'll keep a watch here in hopes that I get to meet at least a couple of you guys because my hubbie won't get to come... sniff sniff... I actually thought about cancelling the trip, but I still think I'll get tons of inspiration even going alone, so look out Tampa, here I come!

Cindi,
Don't cancel...I am traveling alone as well. It will be a little weird not knowing but like 5 people in a sea of thousands but I am sure it will be a fabulous time. I hope to meet you at the gathering on Saturday, then I will know 1 more:)

Marc_Benjamin
01-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Therefore it makes sense to me that we host this gathering in Jack's palacial digs on the top floor overlooking the bay with free beverages of your choice and of course the shrimp platter and all the other typical finger foods. I think this is just an excellent idea. :)

Absolutely agree and you know through the years there have been some sensational rumors about what goes on during those president suite parties.

George_Hawkins
01-01-2008, 08:01 PM
George - YES!!!!!! The Apple Store - I wanna' go, I wanna' go!!! If you find it, can you let me know where? I won't get in until around 6:00 on Friday. Thanks!!

Address is 2223 N West Shore Blvd. = 5 miles away. Kinda too far to walk.
I have a case number for a battery replacement, so I may need an appointment. Something is screwy when trying to sync my Palm device - just started, so maybe they can fix while there.

As is now, my sister's husband says they will leave me there Friday mid-day.
Maybe share a cab Saturday morning? Since I do not have the battery now, I really can wait till I am home. It's raining here now, so I am plugged in inside at the moment. Did I say I will be at Embassy, and can send my mobile #?

I emailed PPA and Al Hopper if there is space in the afternoon Leadership program, at 1:00. Holiday - no reply yet. I may not get in, but I try. Otherwise, I do not have a plan, but possibly meet director of our regional school, NEIPP, at dinner time.

George

PS, If Jack reads this, Sal & I will see you and chat!

Lori_Clapp
01-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Dang George - I'm going to the sports seminar on Saturday from 9:00 to 5:00. I bet I won't make it to the Apple Store. I really need to take my macbook pro in though. But I won't make it on Saturday. :(

George_Hawkins
01-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Must be open with Friday night hours. an option? See if I can find hours on apple.com

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-02-2008, 12:07 AM
I hope a plan develops--I would love to meet some of y'all in person. I will make every effort to attend a gathering, crutches in tow. I will be on my own, but some folks I know from my town will be there. Anyone without hubbies want to plan a dinner one night? I arrive Friday and leave Wednesday.

Elizabeth

Ron_Jackson
01-02-2008, 02:00 AM
It is pretty certain that we will be planning two get togethers. One on Saturday night and the other at lunch time on Monday. Neither will be structured. A beginning time and place will be announced. There will not be an ending time for either. Just show up when you can and leave when you need to or when you get tired of my company.

I have struggled with the idea of posting my cell number here and have decided to take the chance. I give you this number in confidence and you may call me when you are there to see what the final plan is. This is going to be a very crowded convention so plans made now could easily change only moments before we meet. My cell is 954-415-5525.

Currently the plan is Saturday night beginning around 5 or 6 pm at one of the two main hotels. Monday at noon probably at one of the two main hotels.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-02-2008, 02:28 AM
Thanks Ron, I know what you mean about plans changing so I won't hold you to anything! But, I will certainly try to give you a call if my plans work out!

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-02-2008, 02:33 AM
Thank you Ron for the update. I appreciate you sharing your number as I'd hate to go one place only to find out plans have changed since I can't walk very well. I promise only to call if dazed and confused . . .

No, really only in an emergency. I'm looking forward to meeting some folks in person!

Elizabeth

Andrea_Chapelo
01-02-2008, 02:40 AM
Ron,
I am going to call you everyday!:p

Ron_Jackson
01-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Andrea you just go right ahead. :)

Lori_Clapp
01-02-2008, 03:03 AM
Ron, I'm going to call you in the dead of night. Not every single night, just at random, so you will never know when to expect it.

Hey - does everyone have texting? Or should I say does anyone NOT have texting? That might work too since some of us will be in class and can't talk, but can get messages during breaks, etc. (no, I won't text during class!)

I will also put my cell number here - I can't think of a good reason not too - I'm the craziest person I know on this forum, and I already have my number - soooo, if anyone is lost and desperate, they can call me. 307.262.2268

I have a lot of your numbers too, so we should be able to find each other!

Ron_Jackson
01-02-2008, 03:10 AM
Don't text me. I hate texting. Just call and leave a message if I don't pick up right away. I will call back as soon as I am able.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-02-2008, 03:13 AM
Hey texting isn't such a bad idea because there is usually a few minute break between programs that can actually be pretty boring... This would be a great time to make contact! Feel free to put my number on your list for texting! 334-790-9047! I'll need a dining buddy for at least a meal or two, so feel free to text me ANYTIME!!!

Andrea_Chapelo
01-02-2008, 03:25 AM
Well I am not a texter, but you can feel free to call me and tell me where the fun is. 513-238-8538. Hey Cindi, I will need a dinner date too:)

Cindi_K_McDaniel
01-02-2008, 03:49 AM
Cool Andrea, Let's get together then! I'll be arriving on Saturday!

Liz_Vance
01-02-2008, 03:49 AM
I'd love to join in on Saturday. Not sure about Monday. I'm getting into town mid-day on Saturday, and am not planning on bringing my computer. I think Steff is, though, so hopefully we'll connect. I'll have my cell phone with me, though (of course) - 703-731-4592. And I'm a huge fan of texting. Scott and I do it all the time. (It's the geekiness that we love about each other, I'm sure.)

For those of you coming without spouses - this is only my second Imaging. The first time was in New Orleans, and I brought Scott and Ian, thinking we'd have a grand old time. Well, I saw them in the morning (in the dark, because I was leaving before they woke up), and we met for a late dinner and then collapsed, just about every night. I didn't know anyone - ANYONE - at the convention. I was new to PPA and VPPA, hadn't been on any forums, and was still hesitant to even call myself a professional (even though I had been for a while, I was still a little insecure about the idea of being a "real" photographer). And it was STILL the best thing I had ever done professionally. I met a lot of people while I was there, I saw one of my icons come down a notch (she really is human, after all), and I was so inspired that I came home and completely revised what I was doing (and finally started making money instead of leaking it.) This time, I told my husband to stay home. I want to be in it 100% while I'm there, and not worried that I need to leave early so I can meet them. Don't even think twice about whether you should come if your spouse can't make it. If you can go, you should go. And you should hang out with me on Saturday night. :)

-e

Debra_Collins
01-02-2008, 04:39 AM
Put me down for Saturday - I'd love to meet everyone. 850-960-4656.

Hey Cindi - I just noticed you are from my neck of the woods. Give me a call :-)

Don_Barnes
01-02-2008, 04:53 AM
How about Saturday evening we nail it down to the Champions Sports Bar at the Marriott Riverside. My cell is 940-390-2403 and e-mail is donaddee@charter.net

Mike_Fulton
01-02-2008, 05:07 AM
How about Saturday evening we nail it down to the Champions Sports Bar at the Marriott Riverside. My cell is 940-390-2403 and e-mail is donaddee@charter.net

Sounds great I hope to see some of you!

Andrea_Chapelo
01-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Hey Liz,
I owe you a drink when I get there on Sat. (but I will be late, don't go karaoke without me;) )

Liz_Vance
01-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Oooooh, I didn't even think about that! We need to find a karaoke bar for Saturday night!

(And I'll take you up on that drink! :)

-e

Hey Liz,
I owe you a drink when I get there on Sat. (but I will be late, don't go karaoke without me;) )

Michael_Gan
01-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Um. Is this Riverside, or waterside Marriott? We get in around 8:00 pm Saturday.

Lori_Clapp
01-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Don't text me. I hate texting. Just call and leave a message if I don't pick up right away. I will call back as soon as I am able.

What's the matter Ron - you haven't learned how to spell on your phone? Lol j/k, I'll try to remember not to text you. But I am NOT responsible for anything that happens once I have a beer or two or twenty two.

Ron_Jackson
01-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Waterside next to the Convention Center. There are several places there. I am looking into the Embassy also. Saturday night will be at one of those. My choice will be based on; space and availability, and food and beverage service since many will be hungry and there is no end time to the meeting.

Andrea_Chapelo
01-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Ron, I will be a hungry gal when I get there. Nice to know you are thinking about food:) and I don't want to stinkin' salad either!:p

Ron_Jackson
01-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Andrea for you I am making sure there is steak and lobster and champagne. Will that work?

Andrea_Chapelo
01-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Sounds great Ron! But if you can't find that, a beer and some wings will work too;)

Ron_Jackson
01-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Okay then. Hooters it is. :)

Karen_Linsley
01-02-2008, 04:44 PM
I think we might have to have a table for two set aside for Ron and Andrea....

Meanwhile, I just checked the weather report for Tampa, since I always do that for a few days prior to a trip so I can plan what to bring....so I bring up the report and these big red capital letters are saying "weather warnings!" So I figure hurricanes or something like that....but it's not hurricane season, the winds are listed at 8 mph....so I click on the link and it says wind chill factors down to 42 degrees...... I'm sorry guys, but I'm sitting here ROTFLMAO.....weather warnings for wind chill of 42 degrees? wow....

Up here at the lake, I just got an email from a guy who works at the power plant. He says they are gearing up for the worst storm to hit in 50 years tomorrow and I am rejoicing, hoping that means about 3 feet of snow at least tomorrow! It is warm outside, probably about 35 or 40 degrees at about 9 am my time.

Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting everyone, I hope to be able to join in on the festivities on Saturday night, and also to meet some folks on Monday. I have print critique on Monday at 12:20, how long do those last?

Ron_Jackson
01-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Karen by the time Imaging begins, we will have highs in the mid to upper 70s and by the time it ends, it should be around 80. Nights might be a bit cool or at least a bit cool for us Floridians with temps in the 60s. It will be nice. Today and tomorrow we are having the coldest weather in five years thus the weather warnings. That means for us we have to put on sweaters or at least long sleeve shirts. :)

Heather_L._Smith
01-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Woohoo! We're now flying in rather than driving, so we'll arrive shortly after 6 on Saturday. Can't wait! My cell is 678.448.6058 if anyone needs it :-) I'm not a texter either, but do carry a blackberry.

Andrea_Chapelo
01-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Heather,
I posted my cell. I will be there shortly after you. We need to meet up so I can get you your buddy pass. Maybe I could bring it to the meeting on Saturday night.

Heather_L._Smith
01-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Sounds perfect, Andrea!

Mark_Levesque
01-02-2008, 05:48 PM
I think we might have to have a table for two set aside for Ron and Andrea....
I'm sure Ron would like that just fine. :D A shame she's already married Ron, or you could cut to the chase and give her half your stuff. LOL

JohnHeckler
01-02-2008, 06:09 PM
... I'm not a texter either, but do carry a blackberry.

That's like uh, one of those, eh, oxymoron thingies, isn't it?

Heather_L._Smith
01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
That's like uh, one of those, eh, oxymoron thingies, isn't it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That was a good one, John! Touche.

andiegoodman
01-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Hey... did somebody say to meet at Ron's room in the Ambassador Hotel top floor overlooking the bay 4 to 5 PM Wednesday and Thursday???

Wish I could make it..:( :( Maybe next year...:rolleyes:

I am not going to make it either, Don. :( We will just have to plan for Phoenix.

btw the green is really hard to see for us fogies...LOL

JohnHeckler
01-02-2008, 06:47 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That was a good one, John! Touche.

My wife and I just got new cell phones and we decided to go ahead and get unlimited texting. Not sure why except that we know, based on observing the current cell phone aged kids, that our kids will have them soon enough and be texting ad nausea, so we might as well learn and know how to communicate with them throughout their teens :-)

So far, I kinda like it. It definitely shortens up the conversation on my way home when all she wants is for me to swing by and get milk or something at the grocery :-)

Marc_Benjamin
01-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Okay then. Hooters it is. :)

I'm so in! I'm arriving at 7:00pm from cal. my # 707.529.9385 and I'm up for any party/rave/getogether/midnight nude runs or anything!

BTW, does anyone know how much the cab is from the airport to the embassy suites?

Andrea_Chapelo
01-02-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm so in! I'm arriving at 7:00pm from cal. my # 707.529.9385 and I'm up for any party/rave/getogether/midnight nude runs or anything!

BTW, does anyone know how much the cab is from the airport to the embassy suites?

Hey Marc, I get in at 7, too. If I run into you at airport we could split the cab ride.

Marc_Benjamin
01-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey Marc, I get in at 7, too. If I run into you at airport we could split the cab ride.

Oh that would be cool... but only if it's ok with Ron!

Andrea_Chapelo
01-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Oh that would be cool... but only if it's ok with Ron!

That is hilarious! This is gonna be so much fun!:D Seriously, take my cell number from the thread. We will probably be in the airport at the same time. I am up for saving the funds when possible. Ron, is it ok if I take a cab with Marc. lol

George_Hawkins
01-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I think there are shuttles, and at very decent prices.
I'm being left by relatives driving north to MD, after visiting just south of Sarasota - arriving Friday mid-day. I'll need shuttle Wednesday.
George

George_Hawkins
01-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I am not going to make it either, Don. :( We will just have to plan for Phoenix.

btw the green is really hard to see for us fogies...LOL

Andie,

I understood you will be in Tampa? NO?

Karen & others,

Ron's weather info is same as I saw on TV: however, now here just south of Sarasota where I am visiting, the wind is howling (if we were on mountain, the chair lift would be closed!), and it's 50-55 degrees; forecast IS for 70-80!

George

Mark_Levesque
01-02-2008, 07:42 PM
forecast IS for 70-80!
Or about 70-80 degrees more than the expected overnight low tonight. :)

George_Hawkins
01-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Mark, PS will not reduce my image so small to use as an avatar.
Unbelievable... George

Michael_Gan
01-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Last long range report I got is that it will approach the 80's in Tampa with scattered showers.

Hey Ron, I've read mixed reviews about The Columbian Restaurant from a fun "Flaminco" experience to over priced Mojito tourist trap. How is the Cafe Don Jose?

Ron_Jackson
01-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Michael I have no idea about any of the restaurants. I really won't know a thing until I am at each of the hotels Saturday afternoon. With that many people attending, it will be a challenge to find us a spot and to hold it for hours. I am sure I will need to be at a "place" by 4 just to start holding space. I am going to pick the best available and do the best I can. Everyone will just need to call my cell for the final spot since I will not carry my laptop there. It will be back in my room. Just don't feel like toting it around.

Mike_Fulton
01-03-2008, 02:58 AM
OK so where are we meeting, Im stupid and can't read....

I will be in Tampa tomorrow so please let me know I would love to meet some of you all actually in person!

Ron_Jackson
01-03-2008, 03:19 AM
Yes we are meeting. It is definite. There will be two meetings. First is Saturday night. Actual final location to be determined on or about 5 PM and it will most certainly be either at the Embassy Suites or the Mariott. The next meeting will be Monday at noon and most likely in or about the Convention Center.

Cheri_MacCallum
01-03-2008, 03:33 AM
The next meeting will be Monday at noon and most likely in or about the Convention Center..

We may be able to do this one!!! :D

Cheri_MacCallum
01-03-2008, 03:41 AM
I've read mixed reviews about The Columbian Restaurant from a fun "Flaminco" experience to over priced Mojito tourist trap.

Drew's actually been there and loved it!! I have family who have also been there and said it was fabulous so I tend to believe people who have been there rather than rumors!!

Karen_Linsley
01-03-2008, 05:08 AM
I'm arriving in Tampa on Saturday at 5:30, staying at the Marriott courtyard Tampa Downtown. Have no idea where that is...think I will have to take a shuttle to get to the convention center....

I will take phone numbers with me....

Mike_Fulton
01-03-2008, 05:16 AM
My Cell: 979-417-7175

I am speaking at the Miller's booth on Monday at 12:30 so if it is in the Convention area at noon I might be able to drop by and say hello before running off to speak.

I am staying at the E.S. so any meeting there would be great.

PLEASE CALL ME and remind me I have like 20 meetings on the books andI am trying to make sure I don't miss the important ones like this one!

Karen_Linsley
01-03-2008, 06:57 AM
I've got a print crituque at 12:20 on Monday.

Rick_Massarini
01-03-2008, 07:29 AM
1 PM on Monday for the group get-together keeps looking better and better. Maybe it's a sign...

George_Hawkins
01-03-2008, 02:17 PM
WX channel says blizzard for Lake Tahoe area. Good Luck Karen!

George

Karen_Linsley
01-03-2008, 02:26 PM
WX channel says blizzard for Lake Tahoe area. Good Luck Karen!

George

Thanks George....I got my snow car gassed up and ready to head down to Reno a day before my flight...I've already made arrangements to stay overnight there as my flight leaves at seven am on Saturday. It is not unheard of to have a 50 mile trip from my house to Reno take 7 or 8 hours in a storm like the ones headed here now, if the road remains open...I was going to work all day tomorrow, but I may leave earlier now. They are talking 50 year storm here, it's very exciting actually, cuz we need the water and the snow is good for business, also very beautiful and I want to go skiing when I get back! But a bit troublesome for travel plans. The good things that Reno airport rarely closes....I think I can only remember it closing once in 20 years.

and yes, I would love to meet everyone at 1 pm on Monday! We could do lunch!

Ron_Jackson
01-03-2008, 03:05 PM
That is hilarious! This is gonna be so much fun!:D Seriously, take my cell number from the thread. We will probably be in the airport at the same time. I am up for saving the funds when possible. Ron, is it ok if I take a cab with Marc. lol

Fine with me Andrea but you might want to check with Drew.

The airport is not far from these hotels so the cab fare shouldn't be too high. If I had to guess maybe $20 but I could be way off. Call the hotel and see about hotel shuttles.

Mark_Levesque
01-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm definitely planning on finding a hotel shuttle. They tend to be pretty regular, at least at most places I've been to. And the price is right. :D

Andrea_Chapelo
01-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Fine with me Andrea but you might want to check with Drew.

Hey Ron, I figure if my husband doesn't mind, Drew sure won't...BTW...who is Drew?

Ron_Jackson
01-03-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm sorry Andrea. Ha! That was late last night. I have no idea who Drew is. I must have just read a thread by Drew MacCallum and typed that in by mistake. That is just tooo funny! What the heck, you might as well check with Drew too. :) Obviously I was referring to your husband.

Mark_Levesque
01-03-2008, 07:39 PM
A bit too much Haut Brion, perhaps? LOL

Ron_Jackson
01-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Meeting last night with Frank Donnino and others. Just not thinking clearly when I logged on. However, that is not an excuse. I don't think clearly most of the time. For confirmation of this fact, just read through any of my more than 4000 posts. :)

Ron_Jackson
01-03-2008, 08:44 PM
How many if any other birthdays are going to occur at or around Imaging?

Mark_Katz
01-03-2008, 08:51 PM
My daughter will (she'll be 13). Does that count since she won't be there. For that matter, neither will I. I liked it better when it was in San Antonio. At least we can count on it sleeting!

Ron_Jackson
01-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Doesn't count. Double doesn't count if since you won't be there anyway. Triple doesn't count for snubbing us.

By the way......for all those who lurk but don't post. For all the new commers to this forum and to this business. Our little get together Saturday and Monday is for you too. Maybe especially for you. People like me may dominate this forum with a lot of jibberish but that just means at one time we took the plunge and started posting. That does not mean that any of us are above you. We and especially I, want to meet those of you who are a bit timid but yet are a part of our forum. Please come to the meetings and introduce yourself. I for one promise that you will be warmly welcomed. This is your chance to put a face to those of us who are making all this racket. Please come and say hi, have a beverage and let us enjoy your company. It would show that something we said maybe we said right.

Mark_Katz
01-03-2008, 09:19 PM
...It would show that something we said maybe we said right.

Or worse, G-d forbid, WRONG! LOL. I would love to be there anyways. For sure Next year. Hey, now if any of you want to come to Texas, and why wouldn't you, meet us at Texas School in April.

Drew_MacCallum
01-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Whew, I really thought I missed something there...kept looking back at posts I made to figure out if I said something :)

Hey Ron, I figure if my husband doesn't mind, Drew sure won't...BTW...who is Drew?

I'm sorry Andrea. Ha! That was late last night. I have no idea who Drew is. I must have just read a thread by Drew MacCallum and typed that in by mistake. That is just tooo funny! What the heck, you might as well check with Drew too. :) Obviously I was referring to your husband.

Andrea_Chapelo
01-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Whew, I really thought I missed something there...kept looking back at posts I made to figure out if I said something :)

Hey so there you are Drew! Since I have cleared it with Ron, and my husband do, You mind if I split cab fare with Marc. LOL:D

Drew_MacCallum
01-03-2008, 11:00 PM
well, if its ok with all of them...:)

Mark_Levesque
01-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Does anyone mind if I post the list of cell phone numbers that people have entered here? I've put them in one file for easy printing. Anyone else want to be on the list? Anyone NOT want to be on the list?

Betsy_Finn
01-04-2008, 01:21 AM
ok so are plans finalized yet and when and where? so many posts to read through I got confuzzled. :o

see you guys soon :)

Ron_Jackson
01-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Please don't reveal my cell number to anyone. I have suddenly been getting a lot of crank calls at all hours. Wait a minute. I just Goggled the number calling. LORI!!!!!

Okay Mark. Everything is fine. Go ahead. If they didn't want their number shared they wouldn't have posted it here.

Betsy_Finn
01-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Does anyone mind if I post the list of cell phone numbers that people have entered here? I've put them in one file for easy printing. Anyone else want to be on the list? Anyone NOT want to be on the list?

lol can i request to be on the list but not have my phone # listed ;) ;). I will be there; if anyone wants my cell feel free to PM me -- (I'll email those of you whose cells I just copied down with my cell) -- no.... I'm really NOT paranoid.... i promise!

Ron_Jackson
01-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Besty and others.

Saturday beginning at around 5 PM and going until the last one leaves.
Place...to be finalized Saturday afternoon. Call my cell or ask someone who knows. I will know for sure by 5.

Monday beginning at Noon. Again, the final decision on the place will not be determined until about that time so again, phone calls will be necessary. We might have that figured out on Sunday but neither place can be finalized until we get there and get real close to time.

Betsy_Finn
01-04-2008, 01:32 AM
hehe. ok sounds good. :)

Cheri_MacCallum
01-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Ron, I responded to your other thread but maybe post it here too!

Ron_Jackson
01-04-2008, 02:07 AM
I am not taking my laptop over to the meeting so I won't be posting where we are. If someone else who is staying in that hotel wants to bring their laptop to post our location, that would be great!

Cheri_MacCallum
01-04-2008, 02:08 AM
On Monday at least, maybe we can meet up with you and Drew could post it!

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-04-2008, 02:14 AM
My number can go on the list--336-202-1640. I will be moving slowly, so if locations change, I will still show up, just late. I appreciate everyone, especially Ron, getting this together. I also found out that I am behind 3 forum members for critique on Monday. "Last to go is first to show"--that's what we used to say in the horse world. Actually, I hate being last, but to have a critique with Keith I'll take it. Leaving tomorrow. Can't wait to meet y'all in person.

Elizabeth

Sandra_Pearce
01-04-2008, 03:06 AM
Ron,

You asked about Birthdays. Mine is Saturday and I will be at the party. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. Sheri is the only one I have met. I will be coming Saturday afternoon. I am only 2 1/2 hours from Tampa. If I can be of help to anyone going, please let me know. 863-697-0321. Keith, I didn't realize I could request you to review my work. Jim set me up for Sunday at 3:40. Do you have any spaces left?

Sandra

Rick_Massarini
01-04-2008, 03:25 AM
Mark,
You can put my cell phone number on the list - 985-714-0414
(Note - this is not my personal cell phone number, this phone number actually belongs to PPLA)

Rick_Massarini
01-04-2008, 04:53 AM
Ron,
How about posting a handwritten sign somewhere in the registration area listing the places and times? How about maybe by the badge ribbon tray? Do they still have the little alphabetical bulletin board for members to use to contact others while ther? Maybe we can post a note there if they still have it...

Ron_Jackson
01-04-2008, 05:17 AM
Sandra that's great! Mine is a couple of days after Imaging, the 10th. I wonder if there are others.

Jerry_W._Kelley
01-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Ron,

It looks like I'll be there, as soon as I get out of town. I've spent this week retouching and I'll deliver it today. I'll be driving, spend the night in SC and be in Tampa late Sat. afternoon, I hope! It'll be great to meet everyone!

Right now I'm getting things together to take my little furry friend, Gizmo, to my sisters to spend a week or so. My cell # is 757-262-7612.

I'll miss that little guy!

Jerry

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2131/2165253869_7f3534f455_o.jpg

ChontelleBrown
01-04-2008, 01:55 PM

Mark-
You can add me to the list, though I will not be there until Sunday. 352-258-3165

Thanks!

Cheri_MacCallum
01-04-2008, 03:31 PM
My B-day is the 21st.

Jerry, what a cutie!

Ron_Jackson
01-04-2008, 03:34 PM
I made some small 8 1/2x11 Signs that says "OurPPA.com Forum Members Reception" with a line at the bottom to write in either specific location or draw an arrow. I have no idea yet where these might be so don't just look for a sign, call me cell to know exactly.

Ron_Jackson
01-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Okay, January birthdays party it is! Cheri will you be old enough to drink?

Mark_Levesque
01-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Updated to include the MacCallums. And Steff and Liz.

Note that the link is now included in my signature (so you don't have to look hard for it and I don't have to post it often).

Jane_Lydick_Staid
01-04-2008, 04:32 PM
My husband has to work on Saturday so I wont be there till Sunday, but would love to go to the get together on Monday. My cell number is 603 421-4686.

You asked about birthdays, I'm getting my Craftsman for mine!

JohnHeckler
01-04-2008, 04:34 PM
John Heckler (513) 253-5803

Ron Jackson (954) 415-5525
Lori Clapp (307) 262-2268
Cindi McDaniel (334) 790-9047
Andrea Chapelo (513) 238-8538
Liz Vance (703) 731-4592
Debra Collins (850) 960-4656
Don Barnes (940) 390-2403
Heather Smith (678) 448-6058
Marc Benjamin (707) 529-9385
Mike Fulton (979) 417-7175
ElizabethPokela (336) 202-1640
Sandra Pearce (863) 697-0321
Rick Massarini (985) 714-0414
Jerry Kelly (757) 262-7612
Chontelle Brown (352) 258-3165
Mark Levesque (603) 566-4703
Cheri MacCallum (404) 316.2622
Drew MacCallum (770) 595.5615

edited to correct phone number

Michael_Gan
01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi Guys,

In order to keep this thread from going nuts, I'm going to delete the older phone updates. This way, others won't have to wade through all of it when trying to read the other messages in between.

Michael with his Moderator glasses on:D

Liz_Vance
01-04-2008, 04:55 PM
This could be fun. :)

http://www.tecolinestreetcar.org/charter/index.htm

I'm still looking for a karaoke bar... hint hint

Anyone familiar with any of these joints? (it's got to be a joint, of course.)

http://www.pinkhouseproductions.com/tampa.cfm

Andrea_Chapelo
01-04-2008, 04:56 PM
All right Liz....Maybe I will sing a song....but I will need at least 2 drinks first!

Ron_Jackson
01-04-2008, 05:24 PM
All right Liz....Maybe I will sing a song....but I will need at least 2 drinks first!

Then have them on the plane before you get there. :)

Heather_L._Smith
01-04-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't drink, but that has never stopped me from embarassing myself before.

Karen_Linsley
01-05-2008, 03:22 AM
Hey guys! I'm going to have to miss the Saturday night get together I think....this storm here is a biggie, quite spectacular actually! Today it took me 2 and a half hours to get from my house to Carson City. It's normally a half hour trip. Snow was falling at the rate of several inches per hour. I am now in Reno, and my morning flight has been cancelled but I have been rebooked on a noon flight, going out in between storms! I now do not arrive in Tampa until 9:30 on Saturday. Oh well. I have the updated cell phone list, here is my number: 530-906-9336.

All this snow...quite beautiful...if I don't make it to Tampa, I will be skiing on Monday! They haven't cancelled my second flight yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

ViktorNagornyy
01-05-2008, 04:52 AM
I saw a post about cab fares.
Its $22 flat rate from the airport to any location in downtown.

I'm SPS volunteer guys, already in Tampa. Nice weather, not hot and not cold just perfect. If anyone needs help here's my cell 757.681.2451 I hope I can be of assistance throughout the IUSA.

Too bad I'm not 21 yet, I would join for some drinks.

viktor

Stephanie_Millner
01-05-2008, 04:54 AM
Viktor, I'm still packing - should I bring sweaters, long sleeved shirts, or tees?

ViktorNagornyy
01-05-2008, 05:09 AM
If the weather will be the same as it was today, long sleeve shirt or maybe light sweater would suffice. I always come prepared, learned it the hard way. I got tees, 2 sweaters, and one long sleeve shirt and a light jacket.

WC says it should stay at 70-80s, so you might end up wearing tees. But be prepared.

viktor

Mark_Levesque
01-05-2008, 05:22 AM
I've got everyone up to Viktor on the current list, which may well be the last update. See my signature for the link. Naturally if any latecomers want to be added, I'll do my best.

Marc_Benjamin
01-05-2008, 05:24 AM
I've got everyone up to Viktor on the current list, which may well be the last update.

Great now we could really start drunk dialing folks during wee hours of the convention!

Mark_Levesque
01-05-2008, 05:32 AM
No wonder certain people elected to not be on the list. :p

ViktorNagornyy
01-05-2008, 05:57 AM
hahahaha oh god...

Karen_Linsley
01-05-2008, 01:27 PM
I saw a post about cab fares.
Its $22 flat rate from the airport to any location in downtown.

I'm SPS volunteer guys, already in Tampa. Nice weather, not hot and not cold just perfect. If anyone needs help here's my cell 757.681.2451 I hope I can be of assistance throughout the IUSA.

Too bad I'm not 21 yet, I would join for some drinks.

viktor

Don't feel bad Viktor, I'm not old enough to drink either...;) . Seriously though, there are a few of us there who don't drink, we will be the ones with coffee or soda, being highly entertained by the folks who do drink!

D._Craig_Flory
01-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Don't feel bad Viktor, I'm not old enough to drink either...;) . Seriously though, there are a few of us there who don't drink, we will be the ones with coffee or soda, being highly entertained by the folks who do drink!

Hi Karen;

You can be a designated photographer .. capturing evidence. Soooooooo ...if someone tries to deny wearing a lampshade on their head, or streaking through the lobby, you will have the images to not only show them but to post on here so we can all enjoy them. :D :D :D

I am crossing my fingers, eyes, and toes that your flight gets out ok and you arrive safe and on time. When you are walking around in shorts, and a halter top, just think about us up north wearing coats, scarves, and gloves.

Karen_Linsley
01-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Craig, I just figured out that you were going to be there as well? That's exciting....are you going to join us on Monday? If not give me a call and we can hook up some other time.

I had to go to the back of my closet to get some clothes suitable for Florida weather, funny, the suitcase is always really light with those clothes! I bundled up for the trip to the airport, then left my hat, gloves, parka and snow shoes in the car and switched to tennis shoes and a light jacket! My flight is scheduled to leave on time, yahoo!

I just saw a lady with a pro looking camera here in the waiting area at the airport gate....I wonder if she is going to ppa. She's taking pictures of the sites out the window...it's pretty, bright sunshine and lots of snow.

Ah, the ramblings of the traveler...better sign off now!

D._Craig_Flory
01-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Craig, I just figured out that you were going to be there as well? That's exciting....are you going to join us on Monday? If not give me a call and we can hook up some other time.

I had to go to the back of my closet to get some clothes suitable for Florida weather, funny, the suitcase is always really light with those clothes! I bundled up for the trip to the airport, then left my hat, gloves, parka and snow shoes in the car and switched to tennis shoes and a light jacket! My flight is scheduled to leave on time, yahoo!

I just saw a lady with a pro looking camera here in the waiting area at the airport gate....I wonder if she is going to ppa. She's taking pictures of the sites out the window...it's pretty, bright sunshine and lots of snow.

Ah, the ramblings of the traveler...better sign off now!

Hi Karen;

No, I won't be there. As I've posted before ... I'm hoping to go to Mid-East Regional this year in Ohio and hope to meet some Our PPA people there.

You made my day knowing that you are leaving now for Florida. Everyone in Tahoe' will wonder how you got a tan. ;)