PDA

View Full Version : Loved Her Hair

Sandra_Pearce
12-30-2007, 04:14 AM
Thought I would get cc on this one. Her hair was great to photograph. Thinking about competition. What do you think?

Sandra

Sandra_Pearce
12-30-2007, 04:16 AM
How about forgetting to attach image.

Sandra

Jeff_Dachowski
12-30-2007, 04:32 AM
Sandra,
This is lovely. I am bothered by her funky posture. The light is beautiful, but I feel would have more impact if she were looking into it rather than away. I think you are close, but could get closer with a reshoot. Is that possible?
Jeff

Kacy_Kizer
12-30-2007, 05:14 AM
I love her hair! It looks like she has amazing, piercing eyes, so I agree w/ Jeff - I'd love to see her looking into the camera with eyes like that! She is gorgeous, must have been fun to photograph her :)

Dave_Cisco
12-30-2007, 06:04 AM
I'm with Jeff...Looking towards the camera would be MUCH more powerful.

Don_Chick
12-30-2007, 12:31 PM
I agree with the rest.... However, it really is an interesting image of her hair.

Can you get a copy displayed at her hairdresser? You might get some more business that way.

D._Craig_Flory
12-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi Sandra;

I love this image ... good luck in competition. I love her eyes and the direction she is looking.

Some thoughts: I suggest that you tone done the hair / beads from her chin on down so it doesn't draw as much attention. The background layer seems a bit too bright ... I'd make that deeper. If possible, I'd tone down her hair. As it is now, if you turned it upside down and squinted at it the hair would be the 1st thing you see. (unless you incorporate the hair into the title) Oh ... in my example I also moved the subject layer more onto the 3rd quadrant.

Here is how I see it being presented.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/DC47/kiyaunaEnhanced.jpg

Sandra_Pearce
12-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Thank you for the help. I went back to the original images and found a pair of eyes that would work looking directly into the camera. I moved them in CS. Which is better eyes front or side? Craig I was waiting to hear your thoughts before posting. I toned her hair & beads down and darkened background. I always look forward to your critiques. She doesn't photograph as well from the front as she does from the side. Also her hair doesn't show up as dramatic. Any name suggestions?

Sandra

Nylora_Bruleigh
12-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Sandra,

My vote is for the 1st with the eyes looking directly at the camera! Love the intense look and think it has much more connection with the viewer and impact!

Nice job!

Nylora

D._Craig_Flory
12-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi Sandra;

I liked the other eyes ... for a different direction to the mood and title. But, I like these eyes even more now.

For title ideas: "Modern Beauty" , "Woman Unleashed" , "Smoldering Eyes" , "Ultimate Sizzle" . I hope this will start a torrent of other ideas for you.

When I'm in title mode, I have a TV Guide, Dictionary, Thesauraus, Loan Collection Books and whatever else will give me inspiration.