PDA

View Full Version : CC Please - NO VA JUDGES

Liz_Vance
12-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Hi all - so I'm thinking about entering this. I've never entered a storyboard before, but it's the two images together that tell the story. Opinions?

http://www.ohbabyphoto.com/CC/Semra1comp.jpg

gracias,

-e

Liz_Vance
12-30-2007, 04:50 AM
Come on, people. 23 views, and NO comments? Do you all really hate it that much? <sniff>

I'm more interested in the idea of using two images than the merit of this specific combination if that helps prod you along. :)

-e

KirkDarling
12-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Liz, no image.

Liz_Vance
12-30-2007, 04:55 AM
oh, shoot. my website just crashed. grrrr.

Here's a smaller version.

Sandra_Pearce
12-30-2007, 04:56 AM
Liz,

I am one of the 23. I love the concept but am not qualified to give an opinion on how it will do in competition. Of course who ever really knows.

Sandra

Art_Wright
12-30-2007, 05:02 AM
Liz, to me the second image is confusing. Is she still pregnant, and where is the lower half of the baby?

Michael_Bobinski
12-30-2007, 05:02 AM
Liz, I'm not a qualified judge either. But the first thing that struck me was reading left to right is that I had 2 stops. Maybe reverse the left image?

Dave_Cisco
12-30-2007, 05:48 AM
First reaction is that it will be a hard sell. Think of it this way...when competing with one image, you "only" have to sell the judges on that one image. With two, you have to convince the panel not only that EACH image is basically a merit image, but that those two images generate a cohesive composite....not at all an easy task.:)

Liz_Vance
12-30-2007, 06:02 AM
Dave,

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. I really like this image, and it sells like crazy (everyone who's seen it in the studio wants to do it), but they aren't merit prints individually. Has anyone ever done really well with a multiple-image print?

-e

Dave_Cisco
12-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Dave,

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. I really like this image, and it sells like crazy (everyone who's seen it in the studio wants to do it), but they aren't merit prints individually. Has anyone ever done really well with a multiple-image print?

-e

I'm sure that they have, but they are few and far between.:)

D._Craig_Flory
12-30-2007, 03:47 PM
I agree with Dave. Also, each image would have to meet most of the dirty dozen. I see problems with positioning as well as too much room above the heads.

Now for a possible idea. You could make the "expecting" image a ghost image background and put the Mom and baby image on top.