PDA

View Full Version : Just need some opinions

Sam_Sarkis
12-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Hi everyone,
This is my first time posdting any of my images so be gentle....just kidding I can take it.:rolleyes:

The image of the bride alone is titled "Basking in the Glow" and the other is titled "Vintage Love"

Thanks in advance for the input.

Jane_Lydick_Staid
12-19-2007, 01:35 AM
Love love love them both! Great titles too.

Sam_Sarkis
12-19-2007, 01:44 AM
Thank you jane

Dave_Cisco
12-19-2007, 02:11 AM
What you've shown gives me the feeling that you can make an image happen...and that is a good thing.:)

Rick_Massarini
12-19-2007, 05:32 AM
First image - I like the use of the lines, angles, and the angular pattern in the light leading the eye to the subject and accentuating the angular pose of the bride. A very modern, edgy, compelling image.

Second image - While I'm from the old school, where tilted images, in most cases, had to be corrected by rotating the easel during printing, and generally not a big fan of gratuitous "Dutch" (meaning tilting of the camera at an odd angle), but I feel that in this case, the dutch (camera tilt) combined with the curve of the driveway and the curved lines of the bride's veil really works well ! The darkened edges help focus the attention yet not enough to create a tunnel vision feel. For me, it works - I think that this is a very strng image.

My opinions - you've got a couple of winners here - of course, that's only my opinion... Maybe we can get some others to chime in...

Keith_A_Howe
12-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Sam I agree with most everything that Rick has pointed out. My concern is that the highlights on the dress appear blown out (really hard to tell on a low res file). If the detail is not blown out then print it down so that the image has the same feel but the face becomes the brightest (or nearly so) part of the image. I think compositionally I would like to see a little cropped off the right hand side. Right now it feels like there is more room behind her than in front of her.
Second image I love the feel and emotion captured in the brides face. I usually like to see the couples actively involved with each other and her expression does this somewhat but I would like to have seen the brides left hand hanging on to or touching the groom for even more of that added connectivity feeling, an added benifit is that this would bend her arm so you get a more curvatious looking bride. It's still well worth entering. Changing the arm might have added a point or two.
JMO Keith

Sam_Sarkis
12-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Thank you all for your opinions.

Sam Sarkis
www.samsarkisphotography.com

Sam_Sarkis
12-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Please need help on these prints, let me know if they are good for competition. Thank you

Sam Sarkis
www.samsarkisphotography.com

Sam_Sarkis
12-22-2007, 05:33 AM
upload more images

Joe_Galioto
12-22-2007, 05:12 PM
sam,
all of them are beutiful client images.
i do not think any would fly in compition.
sorry
joe
first 2 of babies are nice, but not special
#3 has no detail on the riht side.
#4 although the bride is a looker-a close up like this really needs to be a wow.

Mark_Levesque
12-22-2007, 08:33 PM
I dunno. I kinda like 6, but I'd crop to remove the light distractions right and left and burn down the door on the left a bit.