PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taking the CPP exam at IUSA?

Keely_Deuschle
12-16-2007, 06:44 AM
I think it's time I bit the bullet and took the test. I've been preparing for quite a while, but the word test always scares me. I've gone through all of the threads on what I need to know and feel I have a good grasp on those areas. But still, I haven't had a test in many many years.

Just curious if anyone else will be taking the test at IUSA too.

Art_Wright
12-16-2007, 07:10 AM
I hope you have studied the London book...

Keely_Deuschle
12-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Yes, thoroughly, among others! :)

Mark_Levesque
12-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Don't stress about the test. If you know the material it is pretty straightforward. Make sure you know the standard f stops, the color wheel, how filters work, inverse square law, lighting ratios and you'll be fine. After you go through the test, you can get an idea of how you did by going through the test page by page and marking how many answers you knew for sure on each page. Add them up. If you get to 55 or so, you're probably safe.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
12-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Don't expect the questions to be "text book"... Many of them simply will not be worded as you would expect them to be based on the explanation in the book. My best suggestion is to read it and APPLY it, then you will KNOW it! Not trying to scare you, just telling you my experience as I just recently passed the test...

Cindi_K_McDaniel
12-16-2007, 04:13 PM
There are 100 questions and you need 70 to pass...

Keely_Deuschle
12-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Thank you everyone!

Don't expect the questions to be "text book"... Many of them simply will not be worded as you would expect them to be based on the explanation in the book. My best suggestion is to read it and APPLY it, then you will KNOW it! Not trying to scare you, just telling you my experience as I just recently passed the test...

Cindi, thanks for the info. When I was reading through the sample questions on the CPP site, I noticed that the questions were presented from an application point of view. I'm assuming that this is what you mean? I got through those without any problems and will just keep studying.

Thanks again! I really appreciate it!

Keely