View Full Version : I'd like to enter comp

aida_krgin
12-12-2007, 01:04 AM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb134/aida_k_photo/barton.jpg

please critique. thanks.

D._Craig_Flory
12-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi Aida;

I'd first to say that I'd like to see you start to enter print competition without worrying about what sort of scores you might get. You need to get your feet wet and learn how it works.

First of all, the image, as presented, is not proportional with competition. No matter what you show on here it should be proportional with a 20X16 or a 16x20 ... unless what you post shows all that was on the raw file.

The baby is way too big in this presentation. A child should be presented with "room to grow" and in this presentation the baby would look huge in a 20" X 16".

There is a bit too much light on the leg ... as much as if not more than the face. I would tone that down. In the future feather the key light to control the light.

I'm posting how I see it being presented. I made the subject much smaller, rotated the subject layer ... so the head is at the 3rd quadrant, and improved the contrast. I hope this helps.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/DC47/bartonEnhanced.jpg

aida_krgin
12-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Mr. Flory,

Thank you so much for your great advice and comments. I have learned something new today thanks to you.

Aida:)

Stan_Lawrence
12-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Aida, looks like this one has some suggestions, I'll remove the duplicate post.

Stan Lawrence
Forum Moderator

Rick_Massarini
12-15-2007, 03:23 AM
Th really cool thing about threads like this is that sometimes people can pick up an idea from another and run with it and you end up with womething completely different from what you started with. I know that the baby is resting in a chair that is covered with a red cloth, but after looking at Craig's recrop, I'n starting to get a pre birth almost "in-utero" feeling with the baby surrounded by the curve of the chair. Too bad that the baby's leg (which I agree is a bit too hot) is extended. If it were pulled back into more of a fetal position, you could darken it down a bit and get an image with a lot more impact. The curve of that chair gives you a feeling of "protection".