PDA

View Full Version : A Merit and an Education

Michael_Barton
11-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey all! I'm giving a 2 day workshop in Pittsburgh on January 19-20. The class is a full 8 hour day of contemporary lighting and posing with another full day of business, marketing and sales. There is more information if you use the link below. For those of you who can't make Imaging USA, this is a great opportunity to get out of the studio and start the new year off with a new perspective. I look forward to hearing from you!

http://www.indigophotographic.com/pittsburgh08

For those wanting more information about my work and studio, please check out:

http://www.indigophotographic.com

Thanks! Happy Holidays!

Michael Barton, CPP

Michael_Barton
11-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot one of the best parts! Everyone in attendance will receive one PPA service merit! This is really great for people in the degree hunt. Merits are also great for PR and reputation building. Press release anyone?

Michael_Gan
11-23-2007, 05:11 PM
How did you manage to swing the merits? Are you an API or something? We're really interested in how you made the arrangements.

John_Stein
11-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Michael,

You don't need to be an API or even a Craftsman. Here is the link to the information on having a class approved for PPA merits:

www.ppa.com/files/public/winona.pdf

Hope that helps.

John Stein

Michael_Barton
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Hey Michael, I guess I got beat to the post! That's a good thing! Basically, the class has to be at least 8 hours long for starters. It can't be scheduled against a big PPA event. You also have to use the PPA Continuing Ed logo on all of your marketing materials. From there, you have to fill out an application and send it to Marisa. It's pretty straight forward. She usually responds within a couple of weeks one way or the other. I think it's a great service to offer people taking your classes. You also get a service merit for teaching the course. It's a service merit and not a speaking merit. That's important to note.

Michael_Gan
11-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks John and Michael!

Speaking merits, we have plenty of now that we have our degrees in place:) Just service and exhibition merits is what we want....love those gold bars;)

Marc_Benjamin
11-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks John and Michael!

Speaking merits, we have plenty of now that we have our degrees in place:) Just service and exhibition merits is what we want....love those gold bars;)

BTW, did you get another bar this year?

Michael_Gan
11-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Nice Darth Vader look :D

Got my first gold bar a month ago. Need about 21 more to get the next one:)