PDA

View Full Version : Imaging USA Overflow Hotels

Gregory_Aide
11-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Hotel Referral List
Due to overwhelming attendance, the Imaging USA hotel room blocks are sold out. Below is a list of local Tampa hotels that may have availability during Imaging USA. Please contact each hotel to book your reservation(s). Rates are per night and do not include 12% tax. Rooms and rates are subject to availability and may change without notice

Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore Airport
4.5 miles from Downtown
3805 W. Cypress St.
Tampa, FL 33607
813-874-0555
$159.00 per night plus tax
5 miles from Tampa Convention Center
Must ask for PPA, Professional Photographers of America, EPIC or SEPCON rate
Please ask for Heather Phillips at (813) 874-0555 ext. 629

Extended Stay Deluxe
1805 N. Westshore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607
813-637-8990
$82.99 Queen Studio Suite - 1 queen bed
$87.99 King Studio Suite - 1 king bed and sofa sleeper
$92.99 Double/Double Suite - 2 double beds and sofa sleeper

Hampton Inn & Suites – Ybor City
Complimentary Shuttle to and from Convention Center
1301 East 7th Ave.
Tampa, FL 33605
813-247-6700
$189 per night plus tax
3 miles from Tampa Convention Center
Must ask for the Professional Photographers of America rate, SEPCON and EPIC rate

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor City
1700 East Ninth Ave.
Tampa, FL 33605
813-769-9267
$159 per night plus tax
Parking charges are $8 per night
3 miles from Tampa Convention Center
Must ask for the Professional Photographers of America rate, SEPCON and EPIC rate

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore Hotel
2225 N. Lois Ave.
Tampa, FL 33607
813-877-6688
$119 per night plus tax

Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel
111 W. Fortune St.
Tampa, FL 33602
813-223-1351
$109 per night plus tax
1 mile from Tampa Convention Center

Intercontinental Tampa
4860 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33609
813-286-4400
$179 per night plus tax

Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport
4400 W Cypress Street
Tampa, FL 33607
813-873-8675
$169 per night plus tax

Tampa Airport Marriott
Tampa International Airport
Tampa, FL 33607
800-228-9290
Rates range from $189.00-$299 per night plus tax
8 miles from Tampa Convention Center

The Westshore Hotel
1200 N. Westshore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607
813-282-3636
$89 per room, per night plus tax

Ron_Jackson
11-18-2007, 08:12 PM
I travel to Tampa frequently and have stayed at the Westshore hotel. This is a big hotel with a nice bar and pretty good food. I enjoyed the times I have stayed here so it's a pretty good deal when you see the rates of the other big name hotels.

Joseph_Miska
11-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Ron, I live about 3 blocks from that hotel right off Kennedy (though I'm moving north to New Port Richey in about a month). It's a good area and full of hotels. It's also a very easy drive do the convention center.

I've stayed at the Sheraton Suites before, and another hotel there, the Quorum (not listed above). Both are also fine hotels. The Sheraton is a little expensive on food, but the rooms are good, there's a big indoor pool and the bar is also very good. The price listed on the Sheraton is higher than I've paid in the past ($109), but you might be able to find deals on line (they often list specials). I know people who use the Doubletree in the same neighborhood (also not listed- maybe booked?), and it's also a good deal.

George_Hawkins
11-19-2007, 12:35 PM
I travel to Tampa frequently and have stayed at the Westshore hotel. This is a big hotel with a nice bar and pretty good food. I enjoyed the times I have stayed here so it's a pretty good deal when you see the rates of the other big name hotels.

VERY enticing price! Should I switch from reservation I have at hotel within walking distance of convention center? What is shuttle or public transportation to/from convention center?

George

Joseph_Miska
11-19-2007, 01:28 PM
George,
I'd say it depends on what you're paying near the convention center. The Westshore area is about 5 or 6 miles west of downtown. It's a very easy drive (straight down Kennedy to the convention center) but parking may be terrible there. The only public transportation would either be city bus (not recommended) or taxi. I would call the Westshore and see if they have a shuttle that could take you to the convention center.

George_Hawkins
11-20-2007, 12:08 AM
My question was half sarcastic & half serious. Thanks for the commuting info, as I will not have a car. I'll stay at Embassey Suites with included breakfast and afternoon reception, for PPA price of 149 - worth the difference to have those benefits within the walking distance. I made the changeable reservation months ago.

George

Joseph_Miska
11-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Well, you can't go wrong with that location and price, that's for sure.

Ron_Jackson
11-20-2007, 03:18 PM
I have a better idea! Let's just fill up Joe's house! Free rooms and breakfast and he has a car to shuttle everyone to the convention center!

Suzy_Roberts
11-20-2007, 03:36 PM
We stayed at the Quorom hotel for my bday..found rates for 100 a night..very nice rooms! but there is no complimentary internet in the rooms, you can go down to the bar and sit and get it or you can pay like 6 or 7 bucks and get it in your room...all in all it was a pretty nice hotel!

Joseph_Miska
11-20-2007, 08:30 PM
I have a better idea! Let's just fill up Joe's house! Free rooms and breakfast and he has a car to shuttle everyone to the convention center!

Always room for friends ... and I don't charge $7.00 a day extra for internet access! Can't promise the accomodations are quite as comfortable as the hotel, though, and the bar is nothing more than a couple bottles of wine or the six pack in the fridge :D

Ron_Jackson
11-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks Joe! I have 20 people who have said yes to staying there.

Kidding of course. I possibly have a small house rented less than a mile from the convention center. I will have it confirmed in about a week. Unfortunately, there are only two beds and I got this through another friend who will be taking the other bed.

George_Hawkins
11-21-2007, 02:13 AM
Thanks Joe! I have 20 people who have said yes to staying there.

Kidding of course. I possibly have a small house rented less than a mile from the convention center. I will have it confirmed in about a week. Unfortunately, there are only two beds and I got this through another friend who will be taking the other bed.

OK Ron, I'll continue with my reservation at Embassey; I'll let you join me as my guest for a drink at the reception one evening (pretend your a hotel guest with me). Only b/c we have some common denominators!

In New Orleans (2003 or 2004 I think) a friend told me to go Embassey Suites; I did, but they moved to Hilton at last minute; however, they joined me for a drink or two, a short walk from Hilton or Conv. Center.

George

PS: I am staying with relatives 12/29 or 30 to 1/5; send me some family portrait sessions of three generations, or I could assist you on a job or two! I'll be just south of Englewood, about half way between Ft Myers & Sarasota, and have access to car, and my Nikon D200, cards, tripod, and MacBook Pro. I'd love to put some work under my belt, about January 1, 2, 3, and possibly 4th. As I've commented before, I have lots of nautical experience, as well as in the hospitality areas.

Ron_Jackson
11-21-2007, 03:34 AM
George funny you should mention Embassy Suites nightly cocktail reception. I travel a lot and have often joked to friends I know if I ever was homeless I would never be hungry as long as I kept myself clean. Walk into any hotel in the morning and have hot coffee and breakfast and many now have some sort of evening reception with finger foods. I plan to make the Embassy Suites reception and I look forward to being a guest to have a toast with you.

Funny too that you are talking about looking for work while you are here. This house that I mentioned we are probably getting to stay in, I made a deal. Since I shoot so much architectural, I told them I would photograph the house (which is part of this hotel) if they would let us stay there. I think we got the deal. I will know in about 10 days. 4000 photographers. You would think they would all be trying to cut deals for trade of some sort. HA!