PDA

View Full Version : Honorable Mention Folio

Carl_Bromberg
11-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Hi

Just thought I'd share some good news, received an honorable mention on this folio in our state fall seminar this last weekend. No scores, but just a regular 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and honorable mention in each category.
It was the first time I've entered a body of work as compared to a single image so I'm happy!

I posted a couple of these images earlier this year, and some asked to see more, but I got busy and I'm just a one man operation still.

I know this is small, but can't figure out how to get it bigger, tried the html code but said the file was to large.

Anyway if you see any that might merit in the International Competition, I would really appreciate the input. Trying to get an early start on that this time. If you want to see a particular image larger or have hints on how to make this larger, I would be happy to oblige.

Thanks in advance

Jeff_Dachowski
11-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Carl,
Great job. Congratulations!!!
Jeff

Linda_Gregory
11-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Carl, congratulations!

And....GO HAWKEYES! (I'm a transplanted Iowan, now am a JayHawkEye)

Don_Chick
11-03-2007, 03:02 AM
Nice to hear of your success. Great job.

Keith_A_Howe
11-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Carl Congrats!!!!

To post larger...
Size the image to what ever you like, say 4x5@250 or 8x10 @250 or 100,,, What ever is standard for you with out getting too large. JPG 5 or so and put your copyright right on it. Then you can get a free membership in www.photobucket.com and upload to them (or if you are tech savy and have your own website you can upload to it and place the code in the post). Once it is uploaded to photobucket there are 3 options of code below each photo you upload. The bottom one is the IMG tag, just click it and it is copied to your clipboard and then go to your post here on ourppa and "paste" that image tag into your posting text frame. Wa La its done!

Now for your question, it is very hard to tell from these small files but I would like to look at the images listed, top row center (2,3) both and bottom right (8). It appears you have used somthing like Lucis on the images, could you post both the image as you worked it up and the org file? Thanks Keith

Scott_Painter
11-04-2007, 06:28 PM
To post larger... use your pixel count.

Don't worry about the 4x5@250 or whatever it is, learn it as pixels which is just above the _x_x_ in the image size box. yours is now 400x236 pixels which is why it's hard to see. Considering my monitor will let me display anywhere from 1080 to 1600 pixels wide (as is probably common) I would think that making your images up to 1000 pixels wide would let the vast majority of people see them well without having to scroll side to side.