PDA

View Full Version : First post for CC

Terry_Watson
10-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Okay...so I am a newbie when it comes to print competitions (and this is my first post here), but I figure I might as well jump right in. I would like to get some constructive feedback. I can see some skin tone/color issues that I am working through.

http://www.watsonfx.com/josh_poster.jpg

Mark_Katz
10-11-2007, 03:10 PM
I Like it. Very impressive for a first time. 2 minor things that bother me (but who am I to say), the text on his shirt is a bit distracting for me and his name is either a bit large (Watson) or I would like to see it filled in (not black).

My 2ยข worth.

Welcome aboard!

DianeDavis
10-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Beautiful. Love the photography, love the poster.

Joe_Galioto
10-11-2007, 06:07 PM
terry,
i think the text on the shirt looks fine, thats what kids wear. and besides
the whole thing is distracting - it is what it is! i like the name you tied it in with the yellow lines around the images & border. nice job.
joe

Terry_Watson
10-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the feedback. It is great to hear what your peers think. I appreciate you taking the time.

D._Craig_Flory
10-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi Terry;

I like your composite a lot. But, for competition, it's usually individual images. So a composite better be perfect. Each of the 4 images has to be of an 80+ quality.

Judges have their eyes enter the left side of your presentation. Right away the encounter 3 images facing out of the left side. It would work much better if all 3 were facing the large image. I think alone will hold you back from a blue ribbon or a merit. I would still enter it. If a state competition, if you got a red ribbon it would be impressive for your client and potential clients.

Terry_Watson
10-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Great point on the smaller images. I am actually a little disappointed that I did not see that myself. I am usually careful with the "design" aspect.

The good news is that this is my son and I have THOUSANDS of hockey actions shots, so maybe I can improve on it....

I have not decided just yet if I am entering at all, but I felt posting here and getting feedback is a good start on the process. I have already picked up on several things by participating.

Thanks again...

Terry