PDA

View Full Version : looking for critique b4 submitting

Keith_Hopkins
09-22-2007, 07:51 PM
hey there,
I am open to critiques. before i submit for this round.

Please view the CPP Gallery on www.khopkinsphoto.com

Thanks
Keith

Keith_A_Howe
09-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Keith (great name by the way)
Your images look pretty good, there are a few suggestions I would suggest looking at. First make sure your images represent roughly the ratio of the types of work you stated you do on your application (i.e. 50% wedding, 50% portrait).
Second look at consistancy in quality.
Third variety - don't have several similar images

As I looked at your images I saw:
1 - good
2 - good
3 - good
4 - weak - child a little over exposed, faces too far apart
5 - good
6 - weak but passable - Hands crossed in the fig leaf position, Nice lighting but compositionally I don't understand the position for an executive.
7 - good
8 - weak - Blown highlights = missed exposure, flat light that looks like on camera flash combined with her eyes and expression lend to a snapshot type feel.
9 - weak - Blown highlights - while this gives light direction will be a strong problem, the dark dress against the boat ramp is mixing keys and again these issues leave me with a bit of a snapshot feeling image.
10- good
11- OK but a little weak - subject is a little too close to the background and projecting a soft shadow onto the background.
12- OK close to good.- I would like to see a little more room above thier heads (feels a bit cramped). Also the lighting is a bit flat.
13- OK - Needs a bit more room above the brides head, I understand the crop because of the veil but it leaves the print feeling top heavy. I know it is natural light but the eyes a bit pocketed. Might be able to be helped with a bit of art work.
14- good
15- good - print darker
16- good - print darker
17- good - print a little darker
18- weak - lost the brides face, green skintones on her. Good story but Leaves me feeling like it's a miss
19- excellant control of depth of field and light.
20- good - could use just a bit more room around the hands, the spot color is ok but almost draws the attention away from the baby.

I don't mean to be too hard on you or to discourage you but I feel this set as is would probably not pass but with a few changes would pass with out a problem.

JMHO
Keith

Corrie_Zacharias
09-23-2007, 10:14 PM
How does one get to this gallery? All I see is Portfolio, Testimonials and Contact us....

*Oops - never mind..........lol

Alan_Harwell
09-24-2007, 01:55 AM
Keith, I agree with Keith's critique. Let us know when your ready for a second look.

Bye the way... I like the layout of your webpage. What software did you use?

Keith_Hopkins
09-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi Keith,
Thanks for the the critique. I needed a pair of fresh eyes. Thanks i will work on that today and let you know to review again if you would be so kind.

My website is done through a Blu domain template. It is fairly easy. They are gaining popularity with photograhers and artists.

Thanks for all your input. I am hoping to pass this round.

Keith

Keith_Hopkins
09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Hey There Everyone,
New & Revised Images have been posted.

Please view the CPP Gallery on www.khopkinsphoto.com

Thanks Keith