PDA

View Full Version : Portrait C&C Please

Josh_Williams
09-17-2007, 02:09 AM
Possible State Comp Entries. C&C Please. Title suggestions also greatly appreciated.:)

Stacey_West
09-17-2007, 03:54 AM
Hi Josh,

In which state are you located?

I'm not really certain what's going on in the first image. It looks like there is some sort of story happening, some kind of interaction, but I don't know what it is. A good title here might explain why mom(?) is leaning over the little girl. This might help the print more than anything else. I think the print will get get dinged in a couple of areas though. The placement of little girl's hand will hurt the print, really her entire left arm is pretty distracting. Additionally it might be better if the print were flipped and if the placement was lower. Overall though I'd say your major problem here is one of impact.

I think that is the case with the second image also. The little boy's pose seems awkward, especially his left leg. Lots of bare skin competing for attention with his face. He is also broadly lit which is not helping. I might try flipping this print too which would cause his legs to lead the viewer's eye into his face rather than outside the frame.

I don't think these are bad portraits but they will not likely merit IMO.