PDA

View Full Version : First Post for CC!!!

Steve_Richer_II
09-16-2007, 06:28 PM
So here's a senior from this past Saturday. Is there enough here to merit this winter at our Wisconsin state convention, or do I move on to something else?

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc229/Steve_Richer_II/john_comp.jpg

No title as of yet.

Please feel free to rip it apart...no cry babies here, right?

Thanks in advance...looking forward to sharing more soon.

-steve

D._Craig_Flory
09-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi Steve;

Ok, first of all, he is below the 2nd quadrant so not quite on the right placement. Next, the Crime Scene tape on the guitar strap draws more attention to itself than any other part of the presentation. The brightest area(s) of an image should be the center of interest ... but in your image the brightest areas are the front of the guitar body. There is no direction to the light on his face although it appears like you have a slight butterfly pattern ... which is not good on a guy. He is simply gripping the guitar with his right hand and his left hand is just hanging and doing nothing. If the pose had impact and story-telling going on I'd suggest making the wall black and white because the green is annoying.

This does show you trying to be creative and do something different. Next time, try having the subject with their hands actually playing an instrument and looking at what they are doing - oblivious of the camera. Position your crop so your subject ends up on one of the quadrants ... or do a step-mount so that happens. Good try.

Will_Price
09-16-2007, 10:31 PM
That is a cool wall though.

Stewart_Schulze
09-17-2007, 01:12 AM
fun image
but for comp you are using straight broad lighting and because of that the image has lost some of the depth that would give it more impact.
if the light would have come in from the hard right(photographer right) i think it might have been more powerful because the face would have been short or even rim light and the guitar would have had so shape to it

Steve_Richer_II
09-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the replies...pretty much what I'd expected but had to put this image out there just the same. He was a neat kid, fun session...and overcast, basically directionless lighting dominated during this shot.

Oh well, he'll love the image :)

-s