PDA

View Full Version : Degree ceremony

Jane_Lydick_Staid
09-14-2007, 04:38 PM
My husband is going to be my sponsor at the awards ceremony. Do all the men wear tuxedos? Or is a nice suit fine? I didnt go when I got my Masters. We had just bought a new house and I used the money for window treatments.

Dave_Cisco
09-15-2007, 12:25 AM
I think it is expected that male degree-recipients wear a Tux, but I would think a suit would be fine for a sponsor. However, I was there a long time ago...:D

andiegoodman
09-15-2007, 03:14 AM
How about a formal bathing suit. LOL He would look good in anything but a dark suit would be appropriate. We need formal but I figure anything long and black will work for us. :)

Don_Chick
09-15-2007, 03:53 AM
I don't think they will deny your degree if he's not dressed in a tux. I think it was recommended/suggested but not mandatory....

Email Marisa Pitts at PPA. She's an excellent resource and very quick to respond to any inquiry.

Marc_Benjamin
09-15-2007, 05:09 AM
I don't think they will deny your degree if he's not dressed in a tux.

I was an usher a few years back and I though I saw someone in a patterned (if not Hawaiian) shirt. I think it's really disrespectfull but I don't really think (though they should) that they will send deny you your award if your not in a tux, a suit or some form of a national formal wear.

Jeff_Dachowski
09-15-2007, 12:23 PM
I think last year Marc was dressed as a shaolin priest, so just dressed up should be all set.
Jeff

George_Hawkins
09-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Jane, husband sponsor in a suit is fine, based on my observations when I have watched the ceremonies.

A great bunch of degree/award recipients from New Hampshire!
What should the gallery cheering squad wear?
I don't remember any gallery from NH when I received degree; it was in Atlantic City and few traveled! Strange that more will travel to Tampa!

George

Jane_Lydick_Staid
09-16-2007, 02:57 AM
George, I think the gallery cheering squad should wear orange tshirts that say the degree recipients names on them.

Andie, my husband looks adorable in a bathing suit, but he recently lost a ton of weight and would love a new suit. He has been to way too many funerals this year in his other suits. A new one would be a big boost for him.
He has also said he wont go with me if I wear black. He hates when I wear black. I shot a fellow photog's wedding a few years ago and he said he would not attend if I wore black. I wore red.

Jane_Lydick_Staid
09-16-2007, 02:58 AM
I should say that I wear black every weekend for weddings, so I think I'm bored with it too.

andiegoodman
09-16-2007, 03:10 AM
George, I think the gallery cheering squad should wear orange tshirts that say the degree recipients names on them.

Andie, my husband looks adorable in a bathing suit, but he recently lost a ton of weight and would love a new suit. He has been to way too many funerals this year in his other suits. A new one would be a big boost for him.
He has also said he wont go with me if I wear black. He hates when I wear black. I shot a fellow photog's wedding a few years ago and he said he would not attend if I wore black. I wore red.

We will let you wear red. It goes well with your hair. And you will sure stand out in our group photo...unless Jeff wears a red tux and his star glasses. (ok Geroge, you have to put star glasses on all of us before it is published in the newsletter.)

George_Hawkins
09-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Don't mistakenly omit anyone, your committee of two decide on a color for NH (not orange as it is PPA staff worker/volunteer colors). Put State profile of granite stone face or outline of state, and all the names, and make one for all the recipients and us in gallery! Large enough to slip on over whatever we may be wearing for the day. However, if I go, I am not far at Embassy Suites!

George

Jane_Lydick_Staid
09-16-2007, 03:56 PM
LOL you arent serious! Are you?

George_Hawkins
09-16-2007, 03:59 PM
LOL you arent serious! Are you?

About as serious as you for orange shirts!!!!!

Marc_Benjamin
09-17-2007, 07:35 AM
I think last year Marc was dressed as a shaolin priest...
Jeff

I thought, I was going to a "different" kind of party. No seriously, I was trying to pass as an international delegate so I could crash the international reception to hopefully try to hook up with the cute Korean and Japanese women delegates. Didn't work!

Anyways here's what I wore and I guess a pretty good sampling of what people wear at the ceremony.

http://www.kickstep.com/ppa/imaging07/AwardsCeremony.jpg

Gosh, all this ceremony fashion talk makes me wonder if we should maybe do a "best/worst" dressed on the red carpet ala Joan Rivers style next year.