PDA

View Full Version : Awards Ceremony

Mark_McCall
08-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Does anyone have any info about the Awards Ceremony at Imaging USA?
Which room at the hotel, date and time? Ticket needed to get in if your not an award winner?

I have some friends that would like to attend but I can't find any info about it on the PPA website. Help please!

Marc_Benjamin
08-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Whatcha win?

Mark_McCall
08-31-2007, 05:33 PM
4 for 4, POTY, one loan, one showcase.

I can't remember the level you make if you get a a 4 for 4 and one loan. (Bronze maybe?).
Do you know Marc?

John_Stein
08-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Mark,

All that info usually goes out with the info packet in November at least it did for the 2005 convention.

John

Marc_Benjamin
08-31-2007, 05:36 PM
I can't remember the level you make if you get a a 4 for 4 and one loan. (Bronze maybe?).
Do you know Marc?

You get Silver :)

David_O._Bailey
08-31-2007, 06:07 PM
Mark,

The awards ceremony is always the last night of Imaging USA and is usually held in a large ballroom in the convention hotel. You don't need a ticket to go. It's pretty formal if you're getting a degree. I wouldn't rent a tux just to get your Photographer of the Year award, you'll be on the stage approximately 5-10 minutes with all the other people that won the same level award as you. Just wear a nice business suit. You do need a ticket to go to the party after the ceremony. Everyone registered for Imaging USA gets a ticket to the party.

When you check into the convention you'll get a package that tells you where to go for the awards ceremony. You'll be getting a letter from PPA in a couple of months about the POTY award and you'll need to tell them if you'll be at the awards ceremony or not. You'll also receive a sample Press Release for the award that you can use to brag if you want to.

Congratulations on the Silver award.

Mark_McCall
08-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys. Thats a big help. THANK YOU.

David,
I've been to the awards ceremony many times (5 An-Ne Awards), but I don't have a start time or room. As John mentioned..it'll probably be in my registration packet.

I just needed the info ahead of time for family and friends so they can plan the trip. Do you guys know if tickets to the party can be purchased for those who did not register for the convention?

Here's my loan print:

Michael_Gan
08-31-2007, 09:24 PM

Do you know Marc?
4 loan= Diamond
3 loan= Platinum
2 loan= Gold
1 loan= Silver
4 general= bronze

Marrissa will let you know where to go and when to show up. The awards attendees can come without invitation. They will be sitting out in the audience. You will get to sit with your fellow silver members.

Leslie gets to do the double duty. She gets to sit with the Platinum winners, then walk over to the other side to get her Master Craftsman.

George_Hawkins
09-17-2007, 01:28 AM
I think the time is now posted on the schedule. Yup, I attended in audience last two years as Don from NH was getting both Cr and Masters. We have bunch from NH receiving, and I'll try to be in audience.

George

andiegoodman
09-18-2007, 05:43 AM
I think the time is now posted on the schedule. Yup, I attended in audience last two years as Don from NH was getting both Cr and Masters. We have bunch from NH receiving, and I'll try to be in audience. George

"Do or do not...there is no try." Yoda

George_Hawkins
09-18-2007, 01:47 PM
"Do or do not...there is no try." Yoda

Andie,
Money is money! I am undecided to travel or not. I do have relatives with 2nd home SW of Sarasota, (just S of Englewood) where I may go on 12/28, and then head to Tampa on 1/5, when renters arrive at their place; I can get the 2-hr ride with them to Tampa as they drive back to Annapolis. I do know an attendee with whom I can get buddie registration pass. Positives.

However, I am not thrilled with the programming; some seems the "same-ole)! I'll watch schedule as more is posted. (attention programming committee) I have heard comments like that from a few others who are definitely not attending.

George

Mark_McCall
09-20-2007, 05:20 AM
Geoge,
It'll be good to see all my newfound NH friends in Tampa.
If you guys have a dinner get-together, let me know. I'm sure Jackie would like to go too.

Michael_Gan
09-20-2007, 03:31 PM
For all you degree recipients: Make sure you sign up for the ASP Banquet. I believe your first year's membership is free (I can't remember) but they will honor you at the banquet (even though you get your degree the next day). It is a fun evening and many people get turned down because of a full booking.

Joe_Galioto
09-20-2007, 08:23 PM
i went to the awards/degree program last year.
in the past you had to buy a ticket to the dinner. i guess they weren't getting the numbers signed up anymore. i'll agree it's nice that anyone could attend for free, but it sure was more elegant as a black tie event, made you feel really special if you were up there.
i guess it's another thing going though a dumbing down thing.
to bad.
congrats to all of you awarders & degreers, i'll be there to cheer.
joe

andiegoodman
09-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Andie,
Money is money! I am undecided to travel or not. I do have relatives with 2nd home SW of Sarasota, (just S of Englewood) where I may go on 12/28, and then head to Tampa on 1/5, when renters arrive at their place; I can get the 2-hr ride with them to Tampa as they drive back to Annapolis. I do know an attendee with whom I can get buddie registration pass. Positives.

However, I am not thrilled with the programming; some seems the "same-ole)! I'll watch schedule as more is posted. (attention programming committee) I have heard comments like that from a few others who are definitely not attending.

George

George, let me know. I am looking for a buddy pass with someone. If anyone knows of anyone looking for a buddy, please contact me. Thanks.

George_Hawkins
09-21-2007, 01:44 AM
Geoge,
It'll be good to see all my newfound NH friends in Tampa.
If you guys have a dinner get-together, let me know. I'm sure Jackie would like to go too.

Thanks Mark,

Right now, I have no specific plans. Give me an address, and I'll enter it in my newly acquired GPS device, which I am trying to get used to.

George

George_Hawkins
09-21-2007, 01:46 AM
George, let me know. I am looking for a buddy pass with someone. If anyone knows of anyone looking for a buddy, please contact me. Thanks.

Will do Andie. Right now, I do have someone to do buddy pass registration. If I decide not going, I'll link you and my potential "buddy".

George

Michael_Gan
09-21-2007, 02:02 AM
i went to the awards/degree program last year.
in the past you had to buy a ticket to the dinner. i guess they weren't getting the numbers signed up anymore. i'll agree it's nice that anyone could attend for free, but it sure was more elegant as a black tie event, made you feel really special if you were up there.
i guess it's another thing going though a dumbing down thing.
to bad.
congrats to all of you awarders & degreers, i'll be there to cheer.
joeBy and large, it's still a black tie event. But just like weddings, there's always going to be someone dressing inappropriately. Marc did look pretty sharp in that filipino number.

andiegoodman
09-21-2007, 02:33 AM
Thanks, George. BTW, if you don't go, who will take our photo. I might have to beg Gene.