PDA

View Full Version : Tenba Airbook Case vs Tallyn's

Josh_Williams
08-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Any opinions on the Tenba Airbook case? It is about the same price as the Tallyn's. Tenba also offers the more expensive 'Port Exhibit' case, so I'm not sure if their relatively cheaper Airbook case is still good for print competition shipping?

Thanks

Marc_Benjamin
08-28-2007, 06:41 PM
The Tenba port exhibit case has a higher resale value and would probably last by the time you want to sell.

Betsy_Finn
10-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I know this post is from a while back...

but I have the Tenba Port Exhibit case (paid $280 for it ~1.5yrs ago), was very nice. The supplier I get my cases through recently discontinued it in favor of the Tenba Airbook Portfolio Case ($250 SMRP). I did a search on Tenba's website and could no longer find the Port Exhibit case listed.

I'm in need of another case, so I'll be getting that Tenba Airbook case, as I'm getting a pretty good deal on one ($190).

Mark_Levesque
10-26-2007, 05:24 PM
That was my latest case, and I like it quite a bit.

KirkDarling
10-26-2007, 05:36 PM
What's the physical difference between the AirBook and the Port? I see that the Port is significantly larger than the print size and has a wide "crumple zone" between the edges of the case and the edges of the print. Does the AirBook have the same thing.

Don_Chick
10-26-2007, 06:27 PM
The Tenba port exhibit case has a higher resale value and would probably last by the time you want to sell.

Sell it! They'll have to pry my cold dead fingers off my case in order for the "estate" to sell it....:eek: :eek:

Betsy_Finn
10-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Ok so answer to diff between Tenba Airbook Portfolio Case and Tenba Port Exhibit Case...Yes, the quality of the materials are still same, but it is built differently.

The Tenba Airbook DOESN'T come with the foam separation panels that the Port Exhibit comes with. (ok, not a BIG deal)
Airbook inside has less print space than Port Exhibit (meaning less depth inside -- is 2.5" internal instead of 3")
Airbook has a crumble zone also, it *may* be slightly smaller (I can't confirm this because my Port Exhibit is away right now).
craftsmanship -- the corners are more rounded on the Airbook, than the Port Exhibit (incl. the side you have to zip up); the port exhibit has more squared off corners.

Ok...so differences -- Airbook is lighter, seems to have more padding in the depth (on the bottom only I think), and comes with fancy handle and shoulder strap.

The company I bought this Airbook from had said the Port Exhibit is discontinued and not available anywhere. I called Tenba, they said they still have units in stock (Port Exhibit) -- so that's not the case. I called around, and the only place that seems to have any still in stock (aside from Tenba) is Calumet (I think they had three left, at $170) -- but it's not listed online. If you're interested, try Calumet... or call your local Tenba dealer and get them to call Tenba to order one of the ones left in stock (if you want to buy direct from Tenba, it was $374).

Anyways,... there's that info for you if you're interested