PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Haggerty is a new CPP, too

KirkDarling
08-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Congratuations, Jackie. Go, go, Jay-Grrrrl.

Linda_Gregory
08-26-2007, 07:00 PM
WOOOOOOOOOO!

TWo in one week!

Congrats, Jackie, will you show the papers?

Tracy_McGee
08-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Congratulations! :D

Mark_Levesque
08-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Gee, Kirk. Nice of you to catch up. ;) :D

And OBTW- she got TWO, count 'em, TWO specialty endorsements. FYI.

http://ourppa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=94404&postcount=65

KirkDarling
08-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Gee, Kirk. Nice of you to catch up. ;) :D

And OBTW- she got TWO, count 'em, TWO specialty endorsements. FYI.

http://ourppa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=94404&postcount=65

I knew that, but she wasn't getting any kudos...this is actually the second time I've mentioned it. She's too understated to mention it more than once.

DianeDavis
08-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey Jackie-

I missed the post on the endorsements!!! Congrats on ALL Counts. You are an Official Rock Star!

Way to go!!!!!!

Cheri_MacCallum
08-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Congratulations Jackie!!!

JohnHeckler
08-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Congrats Jackie! I've really enjoyed the recent work you have posted. Some great stuff!

Andrea_Chapelo
08-26-2007, 11:33 PM
You go girl! I love to see your work, you are an inspiration!

David_A._Lottes
08-27-2007, 02:08 AM
Jackie????

I thought she was certified years ago........oh...nevermind .....WAY TO GO J :)

Karen_Linsley
08-27-2007, 04:19 AM
I also thought Jackie had gotten her certification a while back, which is why I didn't congratulate her this time around...YEAH Jackie! And way to go on the specialty endorsements too! I love your work girl!

Valerie_Kieselhorst
08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Wao! Way to go! Congrats!! I love you work too!

Jackie_Haggerty
08-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Ok, I have to laugh- I didn't realize this thread was here! Thanks so much Kirk, for giving me my own thread, and to all of you for your nice kudos.

I had considered going for the CPP last year, when it was required for the masters. When I found out in January that it wasn't required anymore, I dropped the idea.

Then, I decided to sign up for the Super Monday as an instructor. At that point, I decided I wanted to go ahead with the CPP, if not only for myself but to have the 'credential' before the Super Monday came 'round. So, I started searching for the next CPP exam. Illinois would be giving theirs in November, which was too late. I wanted to be certified by August (this was the end of June). So, I figured out that I had 2 weeks before the test. One of those weeks, though, I would be driving to Nebraska (Camp Howe) and spending time there- and no time to study, really. It was a nice adventure- I got back from Nebraska on a Thursday I think, and turned around and left on Sunday for Alabama to take the test. Took it on Monday, during lunch, turned around and drove home. I think I got in during the wee hours on Tuesday morning. It was nice to get that letter only a few days later saying I had passed the test- certainly made the trip worth it! Paula McCarty (I think! I know 'Paula' is right!), from Alabama, was so sweet, and called me a couple of weeks ago to see if I knew anything about the CPP yet. We didn't even know each other, but I was the only one in AL taking the test that day. A big thanks to Alabama for having such a nice liason!

Getting the 2 endorsements was a decision that I hadn't been considering originally. I knew I had senior images for the senior endorsement, but the decision for the family one came later. When uploading the images, I started thinking about the endorsements and looking thru what I had in my files. When I decided I had the images I wanted to send in for that as well, I went ahead and did the family endorsement. I didn't know about those though, until the package came from PPA and said I had received them. That is recent news.

I did achieve the CPP before the Super Monday- though not before the Super Monday program info came out. :) It's ok, though, because now that it is over, it has fallen into the 'personal goal achieved' category.

Again, thanks for your support everyone! I encourage any of you that are considering it to go for it!