PDA

View Full Version : Someone passed C.P.P.... take a guess ...

D._Craig_Flory
08-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi group;

Take a guess who passed and is now certified ? I won't reveal who ... they can post it and feel so proud as they type. So till then ... start taking guesses who it is. One hint ... they live in the continental US. ;)

Marc_Benjamin
08-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Whoever that is... the traditional first rounds on em at the next convention.

Jane_Lydick_Staid
08-23-2007, 09:46 PM
who buys when someone gets a degree?

Karen_Linsley
08-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Well, yes, that would be me.....Thank you Craig....I was just going to do private PMs, but I guess you're right, I should announce it to the world! Here's the deal: I passed the written on the first try. Traveled all the way from California to Pennsyvania last fall, met Craig, took the test, had a wonderful time, enjoyed the PA convention thoroughly. I was in the mood to travel. Upon my return, I confidently submitted my images and waited, for what turned out to be the first of three rejection letters for my image submissions. I cried, had a temper tantrum and a few hissie fits, then got into the solution and contacted a few special people on this forum to give me image reviews. The last submission, due to me not recieving an email from Marissa Pitts at PPA, didn't get reviewed. I called her and we talked about it, she was very helpful in accomodating my request for a special judging. I didn't know when my images were going to be judged, but just today the mail man walked through the door of the studio and after giving a cookie to my dog (who has grown to expect them whenever the mailman walks through the door), he put a pile of stuff on my desk. I was not expecting any big packages, so I was curious to see this big cardboard looking thing sitting there. Turned it over, saw it was from PPA, and my heart about jumped out of my throat, because this did not look like the rejection letters I had recieved in the past! Sure enough, I opened it up and out came all this PR stuff, plus my official okee dokee I'm certified now letter, and a big certified sheet to frame and hang on the wall.

So, I've already sent out a first wave of press releases.....will be ordering new business cards, changed my signature on my email and here, and called a few friends.

Life is good....

Next up, print comp!

Karen_Linsley
08-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Oh, by the way, I am happy to buy some drinks for you guys, but I don't drink so I'll have diet coke or something. I can watch all of you get silly.....;)

DianeDavis
08-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Congrats Karen!!!

So Proud of YOU!

Stephanie_Millner
08-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Congratulations Karen - that's fantastic!

Andrea_Chapelo
08-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Awesome Karen! Go celebrate with your diet coke and I will toast you tonight with a glass of Pinot:D

Linda_Gregory
08-23-2007, 10:13 PM
YEEE HAW! Congratulations! It's more fun when you try more than once...at least the winning is!

Art_Wright
08-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Congrats, Karen!

Cindi_Penrod
08-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey, that's huge, Karen! Serious congrats to you!! You deserve champagne! :D

Mark_Katz
08-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Congratulations Karen. It certainly makes for a better week than the ones last month that were "burning" hot. :)

Cheri_MacCallum
08-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Congrats again!!! Way to go!!

David_A._Lottes
08-23-2007, 10:35 PM
I cried, had a temper tantrum and a few hissie fits

Oh Karen, you should be so proud. I remember when this process was really getting you down and you said one thing that told me you were going to be alright. You said "I know I'm a professional photographer". I'm so glad you stuck with it, I know your a professional photographer no matter what, now your a Certified Professional Photographer. I'll say it again, BIG HUG! :)

How about sharing the ones that made it?

Karen_Linsley
08-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Wow, thanks everyone! This is cool! I would love to post the images, but it will have to wait a bit. One of the hard drives on my computer crashed a couple of days ago....I have backups, didn't lose anything, but it did set me behind....my cert images were on that drive and to retrieve them I will have to go to the backup, which is currently unconnected because I got a new computer delivered yesterday. We should be finished putting it together tomorrow, then I can access the images and will post them for you.

Also, I know there are others who have recently passed the exam, perhaps you would like to post your images as well?

Ryan_M._Glick
08-24-2007, 03:12 AM
I know I'm new but thats so cool,CONGRATS!

Jackie_Haggerty
08-24-2007, 03:31 AM
Karen,

A BIG congratulations to you! You deserve to celebrate this achievement more than any one! I am so happy for you!

Tracy_McGee
08-24-2007, 03:46 AM
Very awesome! Congratulations! :D

Keith_A_Howe
08-24-2007, 03:47 AM
Karen, I never put a great value on accomplishments that are achieved too easily. I know you worked very hard to earn this and your pride should be equal to the effort you put into it. Can't wait to see the images you ended up selecting. Congratulations!

Keith

Deb_Wat
08-24-2007, 06:03 AM
Congrats Karen! You've been working hard and you deserve it.

Rory_Schweighart
08-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Way to go you worked hard for it.

Valerie_Kieselhorst
08-24-2007, 11:06 PM
I am very happy for you! Enjoy your new title!

KirkDarling
08-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Congratulations, Karen!

KirkDarling
08-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Congratuations, Jackie! Well deserved.

andiegoodman
08-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Congratulations, Karen. That can be harder than a Masters or a Craftsman (or woman). :D

Tod_Gomes
08-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Congrats Karen!!! Way to stick it out!!!!

Karen_Linsley
08-27-2007, 05:21 AM
And congratulations also go to Jackie, who just passed her CPP exam as well! AND, she got two specialty endorsements!

D._Craig_Flory
08-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi Jackie;

It's really great that you not only got certified but got two specialty endorsements as well ! The way I hear it ... they are photos of insects and male nudes. (at least that's how I heard it :D )

Jackie_Haggerty
08-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi Jackie;

It's really great that you not only got certified but got two specialty endorsements as well ! The way I hear it ... they are photos of insects and male nudes. (at least that's how I heard it :D )

What?! Craig, I think you are dreaming again! :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone for the kudos, it is nice to hear your support.

Karen- we are curious- how are you feeling now that you have your CPP and it has sunk in?

Karen_Linsley
08-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Karen- we are curious- how are you feeling now that you have your CPP and it has sunk in?

LOL, who's "we?'

Honestly? I'm feeling a part of now. I'm feeling worth it. Worth the prices I charge (will raise them again!), worth doing a great job for each and every client I have, capable of doing a great job for every client I have. I can't tell you what this has done for my self esteem. GAWD....if I had only known then what I know now....you guys know the drill. I was going to do this ten years ago. I got divorced instead and the CPP thing got put on the back burner. This has been such an incredible learning experience...I want more! Craig and Stan (those two both said the same thing when I told them the news: now it's time to start entering print comp), it is now time to move onward and start doing the print comp thing.

And, I might start doing some seminars, or Super Monday, or something....

How about you Jackie? And Mark? And who else recently passed? Or for that matter, anyone....how did you feel after you got your certification?

Mark_Levesque
08-27-2007, 03:49 PM
How did I feel?

Well, you know how you feel when you are reading a good book, and you are eager to get to the end to end the suspense? And you finally finish the book. You get about 15 minutes of elation, and then you feel sad that you don't have anything to read, nothing to anticipate. That's how.