PDA

View Full Version : Take a Look!!!!!

Jeff_Dachowski
08-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey everyone!
I was going through the Super Monday pdf that is available at www.PPA.com
and I noticed there are a lot of OURPPA members giving classes this November. Please take a moment and check it out! It is a great oppurtunity to spend a day with someone, and it benefits education.

Jeff

Mark_Levesque
08-09-2007, 01:20 PM
http://www.ppa.com/files/public/SM0711.pdf

D._Craig_Flory
08-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Hi Mark;

Here is who I found ... did I miss any who makes appearances on here ?

Marc Benjamin / Don Chick / Ed Booth and Betty Huth / Jeff Dachowski /
and last but certainly not last ... Jackie Haggerty. Who did I miss ???

David_A._Lottes
08-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Me :D
and Michael Barton. It seems like there was someone else.......?

Yup, Don Barnes. :)

D._Craig_Flory
08-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Hi David;

I now found Michael Barton's photo but can't find yours. I did find your course outline though. I think the title is "Nuts and Bolts of Figure Studies" ? :D I'm kidding folks .. it's "Nuts and Bolts Wedding Photography".

Everyone check out the image Jeff Dachowski gave for his course ... half a face. I expected half a "star glasses" as well. :p

Given the current craze on here ... for the Super Mondays, next time, we may see a bunch of M&Ms or Homer Simpsons in the brochure. :o

D._Craig_Flory
08-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi David;

I found yet another I missed ... Michael Gan (with Leslie Arfis-Gan) !

David_A._Lottes
08-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Man we are bad. How did we miss that one! :eek:

Michael_Gan
08-10-2007, 10:01 PM
How quickly they forget...;)

Tracy_McGee
08-10-2007, 10:27 PM
What's up with VA only having two? :confused: :mad:

TeressaMahoney
08-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I am hosting my first ever super Monday!! Yay! Looking forward to it.

D._Craig_Flory
08-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi Teressa;

I can't believe we missed you. Please forgive us. Have a great class ... the first of many I'm sure.

TeressaMahoney
08-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks D. Craig!! I am very excited about it.

andiegoodman
08-11-2007, 03:28 AM
Hi Mark;

Here is who I found ... did I miss any who makes appearances on here ?

Marc Benjamin / Don Chick / Ed Booth and Betty Huth / Jeff Dachowski /
and last but certainly not last ... Jackie Haggerty. Who did I miss ???

ME! I will be doing a program in Lancaster in November. :rolleyes:

Corrie_Zacharias
08-12-2007, 03:35 AM
What's up with VA only having two? :confused: :mad:
Well, that's twice as many as Maine has! Good thing NH is not that far...

Mark_Levesque
08-12-2007, 03:41 AM
Yes. Show up for something! :)

D._Craig_Flory
08-13-2007, 06:21 PM
ME! I will be doing a program in Lancaster in November. :rolleyes:

Hi Andie;

When you see me at one of the PPAofPa meetings you can give me a swift kick for missing your name. :o

andiegoodman
08-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Hi Andie;

When you see me at one of the PPAofPa meetings you can give me a swift kick for missing your name. :o

Will do, Craig...watch out at the fall meeting. :eek:

StaceyDamon
08-14-2007, 02:09 AM
Andie, were you a Maineaah at one point? Your name is very familiar to me.

Michael_Barton
09-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey everyone! I guess I've been slammed with work and haven't had a chance to visit or post in awhile! Look at everything I missed! I guess this place moves quick! That's a good thing. I guess too much work is as well! Show of hands?! Ha.

I just got back from a workshop I gave in Alaska. It's the same one I'm doing for Super Monday. It was 2 days in Alaska, but we'll make it work. The whole deal is to learn to re-evaluate the way we do business. Like I've stolen from somewhere (borrowed?) "How do you sell large prints? . . . Make small ones look bad." Pretty straight forward. It all starts with the first phone call. Most photographers wait until the final order before they make a sale. By then, it's TOO late. You have to sell with the camera and your connections. You do that and you'll have bigger sales and clients for life. The other side of the coin is that there are some really EASY things we can do to dramatically raise our average sale as well as lowering our cost of sale. That's pretty much where the class is coming from.

Commercial over.

The drag is, I can't go to someone else's class! $99?! Are you kidding me? The interesting part is how poorly attended a lot of Super Monday Classes are. Some people don't know a good deal sometimes eh? The other great side is being able to see another photographer's studio. There are a lot of photographers sticking their necks out there on that day and most of them won't see a single penny for doing it. I think it's a important to support them.

Just my thoughts. I'll, uh, work on not being on the road so much! The Wife would appreciate that. . .