PDA

View Full Version : Love Angel

Marc_Benjamin
08-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi Everyone,

I think it's never early enough to work for the 08 Nationals. So here's one of four.

Any views?

Love Angel

http://www.kickstep.com/forums/LoveAngel.jpg

Derek_Alvarez
08-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Mark I like the Idea
I'm only bothered by how squared her shoulders are , and for someone who is obviously curvy , I think she look thick through the middle.
and the piece of Wall above her head in the top left corner.

I like the arch motif .

Jane_Lydick_Staid
08-01-2007, 01:06 PM
The archway is coming right out of her head and I dont think that is a flattering pose at all.

Sue_Ellen_Tuttle
08-01-2007, 01:09 PM
angel or butterfly?

KristiSanger
08-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Just my first impression and not that I am qualified to cc any of your work (as you are amazing):) ...I can't zoom in on the image but in this small size she kinda looks mad.?

Kristi
KS Photography

D._Craig_Flory
08-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi Marc;

IF you make corrections of ... #1 liquify her waist slimmer and slightly curl up the corners of her mouth #2 slightly up the contrast using an adjustment layer #3 and use a slightly brighter accent line #4 take out the horizontal line going through her body - I would give this image a 78 or 79. If you had a judge who liked it & challenged to get the others on the same page ... you could maybe squeeze out an 80, but I don't think so. It is worth trying in your local and state to see how it does and get a critique afterwards.

BTW ... One thing I do like about the architecture above her is that it serves to give you leading lines right to her !

DianeDavis
08-02-2007, 01:01 AM
Hey Marc,
As a 4 for 4 two years in a row far be it for me to cc a Rock Star.

I love the way you used the architecture to tell a story. Amazing. Tell us more- did you see it before and plan it or was it a "spur of the moment" vision?

Laura_Beth_Bailey
08-02-2007, 07:32 AM
I am not qualified to cc, but I would like to know if you call it "Love Angel" because the architecture simulates the wings of an angel. Am I right...:) ? I find my eyes going from the bottom right, up the light line of her dress and then to the arches and out then back down to her face once more. I'm working hard studying lines and shapes in composition right now...how did I do?

Marc_Benjamin
08-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for looking. There's a lot more to that top part which actually forms an arrow flow down to her. I just trimmed it cause I thought it was unnecessary. I'll rework this again an add more curves to her as well.

Dianne, I'm very lucky to have gotten 9 merits in 2 years but I still look for cc's from everyone. Anyways, since you asked, here's the base file.

http://www.kickstep.com/forums/DSCF8996.jpg

This was taken about 5 minutes before Canon in D started. We passed through that door on the right on the way to the ceremony site. My friend Monica has done a shot like this and I kindda wanted to one up her image. I'm kindda childish like that so I walk around looking at scenes trying to find ways to make a better image then of what I've seen. Anyways, I started massaging the patterns at home and eventually decided to give her wings after seeing a Victoria's secret angels commercial.

BTW, we all gonna fly out together to Tampa next year?

but I would like to know if you call it "Love Angel" because the architecture simulates the wings of an angel. Am I right... ?

Yes Beth, that's the idea behind the tittle, it clues the judges in to whatever message or explanation about the image.