PDA

View Full Version : When will the results be posted?

Stacey_West
07-15-2007, 12:58 AM
I know the Print Competition isn't until later this month but I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long after that the results will be posted online?

Michael_Gan
07-15-2007, 01:16 AM
It's usually about a week after the comp...unless you are on the west coast, where we seem to get everything from PPA about 2 weeks later than everyone else. :D

JohnHeckler
07-15-2007, 04:17 AM
It really bites waiting and waiting. Last year, I kept hitting the PPA website to see if the results were posted. I'd check at least once a day if not more.

Mark_Levesque
07-15-2007, 05:29 AM
Better to wait and have accurate results than get results early that needed to be amended.

Don_Chick
07-15-2007, 09:27 PM
The entry form has the judging dates as; Judging Dates: July 22-25, 2007.

The 25th is a Wednesday. I've seen results posted as early as early Friday and another year they were posted on Monday. It all depends on how anxious you are for the posting as to if they go up Friday or Monday.

Maybe with the online entry forms there will be less work for the PEC typing titles and it will enable the results to go up quicker.

Cheri_MacCallum
07-18-2007, 05:41 PM
It also helps to have a spy on the print committee!!

Stacey_West
07-18-2007, 07:21 PM

OK, I'll bite... do you know such a spy???

JohnHeckler
07-18-2007, 08:08 PM

Cheri, did you enter this year? Love to see what you submitted if you are willing to share :-)

Cheri_MacCallum
07-19-2007, 01:18 AM
OK, I'll bite... do you know such a spy???

I don't know anybody this year, but in years past Drew and worked with Eddie Tapp copying prints for the Loan and General books. A few of my friends got a phone call from me when I ran across their prints that went loan. For one friend it was the merit that got him his masters.

Cheri_MacCallum
07-19-2007, 01:19 AM
Cheri, did you enter this year? Love to see what you submitted if you are willing to share :-)

Yes, I did! I'll post them when I get on my desktop tomorrow!!! I'm on my laptop right and don't have them here.

Lori_Clapp
07-19-2007, 02:24 AM
Come on guys - surely someone has a spy we can all use!! ANYone???

JohnHeckler
07-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Something tells me this thread is going to pick up steam over the next week :eek: :D

I am really starting to sweat my 4th print selection ... STOP IT! STOP IT! (me talking to myself again) :p

Cheri_MacCallum
07-19-2007, 08:28 PM
By request here are my competition images! The all won awards at our GA state conv. so I have my fingers crossed!!

Cheri_MacCallum
07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Here are the next two.

Auralee_Dallas
07-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Cheri,
Those are beautiful! Good luck this year. It won't be long before we all know.

Cheri_MacCallum
07-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks Auralee!!

Lori_Clapp
07-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Cheri - Great images! What did you title them? I love the sunflowers in color!

Cheri_MacCallum
07-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks Lori,

1-beauty out of darkness blooms
2-subtle, but to the point
3-summer's pick
4-Tennessee morning

D._Craig_Flory
07-20-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi Cheri;

I like 3 of your 4 titles. Solitary Sunflower reminds me of the boring non-creative titles of museum paintings. I think it needs a much more dynamic title. Remember that the judges hear the title before they see the image. A title that makes them sit up and crave seeing the image is what I'm talkin' about.

To help get other posting potential titles, how about "Nature Showing Off"
or "Regal Flora" ?

Stephanie_Millner
07-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Cheri, those are beautiful! Especially loving the first two. Very Weston-y!

JohnHeckler
07-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Awesome Cheri! ... I predict you will end up having to buy a copy of the 2007 loan collection :-)

Cheri_MacCallum
07-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Craig, that's funny you brought that up!!! Yes, I absolutely agree, I have this in a gallery and that's the title there and that's the title of the file hence what I wrote here. The title for the competition print is " beauty out of darkness blooms". I'll also edit that in my previous post!

THanks John!!!!

Stacey_West
07-25-2007, 03:06 AM
So the judging ends tomorrrow. Anyone else anxious?

Lori_Clapp
07-25-2007, 03:45 AM
Yep!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Jackie_Haggerty
07-25-2007, 04:26 AM
Me too!! Me too!! :D

Cheri_MacCallum
07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Linda_Gregory
07-25-2007, 02:43 PM
So, how do we chain this anxiety to accomplish great things? Surely this energy could be used!!!!

Cheri_MacCallum
07-25-2007, 02:48 PM
We can send all our positive energy to Daytona!!!

Linda_Gregory
07-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Linking virtual hands.......

Michael_Barton
07-25-2007, 04:35 PM
So I did a little investigative reporting as the mind just doesn't work the way it used to. By the way I read a lot hear and don't post as much as I should. Perhaps this is a start. Here's what I learned through a little digging.

Last year the International Print Competition was Held From July 14-17. That's not earth shattering news.

I pulled up the PDF for the results from last year and learned that the document had been created On Monday, July 24 at 1:13 PM. Perhaps a little too much info, but Greg used a PC and Adobe Distiller 7.0.5. When they were posted I haven't discovered yet, but the e-mail with the results was send out on August 9th at 1:27 PM EDT. I'm not sure when they were actually posted, though I'm assuming 3 things. 1. the PDF had to be created before it was posted. 2. It was posted before the e-mail was sent out. 3. I have entirely too much curiousity. (Free time, that I don't have. Worse. I made time for this!) Ha.

Enjoy the anxiety!

Cheri_MacCallum
07-25-2007, 04:45 PM
If I remember correctly, it was posted on PPA's main site the Saturday after the competition.

Jackie_Haggerty
07-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Michael! Welcome, long time no see! LOL

I can literally hear you talking when you typed that!! HA!

Good luck to you!!

Michael_Barton
07-25-2007, 05:00 PM
It is entirely possible that the PDF was a revision. I am sure that could happen. I am also certain that they wait until the dust settles before they send out the e-mail. It's still fun to snoop though! Ha. Best of luck to all. Well, I don't believe in luck. So, best of thoughts! I look forward to reading all of your glories and hoping for a great next year for others. It's a fun process. Well, a little nerve wracking if we are honest!

mb

Dan_Roggi
07-26-2007, 01:59 AM
Hurry up!

Dan

Lori_Clapp
07-26-2007, 02:06 AM
Heeellllllooooo....we're waiting......(patiently ;) )

JohnHeckler
07-26-2007, 02:57 PM
So, does anyone know who all the judges were this year? Is that posted anywhere? I am just curious ...

I thought maybe I might be able to tell something by looking at my merit record, but no luck. I assume that will be updated far after the PDF with all the results is posted.

I keep hitting refresh on this link :D

http://www.ppa.com/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=122

Michael_Gan
07-26-2007, 04:25 PM
The judges were in Daytona, FL. and judging just wrapped up yesterday. I figure we won't get any results until Monday at the earliest due to "clean up" day today and finalizing the scores tomorrow.

Michael_Barton
07-26-2007, 10:02 PM
For all those waiting for Santa to come down the chimney with his "naughty and nice" list, this was posted recently:

http://www.ppa.com/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=122

Christmas in August. A novel concept! I might suggest a drinking binge to help pass the time! Ha. To quote Joseph Conrad:

"The Horror, the horror."

Or for movie buffs, Brando. Oh and lest I seem innocent in all the restlessness, I in fact kept the page open all day and refreshed it as I went. . . Ha. Pretty sad I know. Enjoy the update! I'm sure it won't be the last.

Oh yeah, I guess the real binge comes the week of the 1st eh?

Lori_Clapp
07-26-2007, 11:23 PM
They are posted!! Yay! Thanks Keith and Holly for letting us know.....everyone go check the results!

I got one General and one Loan!!

My sister/partner got two General and one Loan!!

We are SO excited - can't wait to hear how everyone else did!

Jane_Lydick_Staid
07-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Wooooooooo hooooooooo 3 for 4

Jane_Lydick_Staid
07-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Congrats to you and your sister Lori!

Cheri_MacCallum
07-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Congrats everybody!! I got two loans and I get my MEI now!!!

Linda_Gregory
07-27-2007, 12:23 AM
*gulp* Am TOTALLY stoked....all four merited!

Two were sure things being sealed at HOA but woooo!!!! All four!

No loans, no showcase but that's alright!

Someone please, come pick me up off the floor! I KNOW I can't drive home like this! Floating on the flyover! (Wichita's raised freeway)

Michael_Gan
07-27-2007, 12:37 AM
I hung one, but the big news is my wife Leslie Artis-Gan:

Exhibition: 1 General, 3 Loan (POY Platinum)
Electronic Imaging: 1 Loan, 2 General

She has just managed to get her Masters and Craftsman degree in 3 1/2 years! See ya all in Tampa!

Wooohoo!

Mark_Levesque
07-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Well, I got motivated to work harder for next year. :)

Congrats to all. Jackie, 3/4. Jeff 3/4, Don POY!!!! Great work everyone.

DianeDavis
07-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Big Congrats to everyone!!!! Whoo HOOOOO. Success all around.

Very excited to witness to go to Tampa.

And for next year, since everyone I know lived through it, I guess I can.

JohnHeckler
07-27-2007, 01:56 AM
Well, I went 3/4 (same as MES) which, even though I know this is wrong, I was bummed my 4th print didn't make it :( . I did make the Showcase Book with one though. :cool:

Congrats to everyone ... there is a TON of talent represented here!

Jackie_Haggerty
07-27-2007, 02:17 AM
John- I know the feeling! It sounds like you set a big goal for yourself this year as well!! You did great, and a showcase book, whoo hoo!! Jane also, congrats for going 3 for 4!!!

Regardless, 3 for 4 this year is AMAZING, considering I didn't start thinking about entering until February, and still went 3 for 4! Plus- there's always next year!! :D

Linda- I am soooo very proud of you! I can't wait to see you on that stage- right next to Keith and Don and Marc!! <APPLAUSE> Can you hear it?!

Michael- tell Leslie congrats as well- take her to dinner and celebrate!

Lori- LOAN???!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!! Here's a toast to you and your sister!

Michael Barton- I see a number of prints listed with your name on them- I guess you entered more than one case?! Congrats! How did it pan out for you over the 2 cases?

Cheri- congrats on MEI! We will be clapping for you as well!!!!

Jeff D- 3/4 and a loan- good job! If you are reading this: get back to your vacation! ;)

Michael_Gan
07-27-2007, 02:19 AM
Michael- tell Leslie congrats as well- take her to dinner and celebrate!

Are you kidding? We're already drinkin' :D

andiegoodman
07-27-2007, 02:43 AM
Wooooooooo hooooooooo 3 for 4

Congratulations - NH did well. I was very happy for you.

:D

Dan_Leary
07-27-2007, 03:05 AM
Congrats to everybody! Is it just me or is the air around here getting a little more rarified?

I got 4/4 myself and two of them got into the Showcase book. Like Jackie, I nearly didn't enter at all so I'm pretty happy about what I got. Man, what a switch from last year. Until this year I was "Merit Challenged".

I must brag, WV made a pretty good showing this year. It just goes to show... never underestimate a hillbilly!

Michael_Barton
07-27-2007, 03:12 AM
I went 3 for 4 for the Open and 2 for 4 in Electronic Imaging. I put the good eggs in Open. I guess I missed one! Ha. Bad eggs are a delicacy in Iceland I hear!! Congrats to all.

Stacey_West
07-27-2007, 03:20 AM
As I'm opening up the PDF list I'm thinking "please just one merit, just one merit". Sure enough just one merit is what I got! (Now I'm wishing I'd thought "please just two merits, just two merits".) I'm still proud though and send congratulations to everyone who had even one print merit. In fact "congratulations" to everyone who tried to learn by entering prints - merits or not. This year's competition was a real learning experience for me and hopefully everyone else too.

Lori_Clapp
07-27-2007, 03:22 AM
Congratulations everyone!!

Jackie - that's awesome - I know you're disappointed, but that's pretty darn good!!!

Linda - YEE HAW!! I'm proud of you! I bet you are so excited!!

As for everyone else, I think it's great how you all did!

Anyone else? Let us know!

Jackie_Haggerty
07-27-2007, 03:31 AM
Congrats, Don L!!! Congrats Stacey W!! Congrats Michael Barton!

Wow- 2 Don's on stage!!

Lori- diappointment only makes you try harder! Next year- going w/ gut feelings! I am celebrating, really and truly. There's only more to come, ya know?! Check back next week ........ ;)

Linda_Gregory
07-27-2007, 03:57 AM
Congrats, Don L!!! Congrats Stacey W!! Congrats Michael Barton!

Wow- 2 Don's on stage!!

Lori- diappointment only makes you try harder! Next year- going w/ gut feelings! I am celebrating, really and truly. There's only more to come, ya know?! Check back next week ........ ;)

COOL! Next week already! Time to start!

Marc_Benjamin
07-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to Auralee, Jackie, Stewart, Jeff, Keith, Don, Betty, Mark, John, Linda, Cheri, Lori, Stacey, the Michael's, Dan, McCall, Sue Ellen, Patrick, and any ourppa forum friends that I missed. I'm so glad that our own little gang had a good showing this year. You guys better show up in Tampa!

Oh, a special shout out to Leslie (bow to the new master j/k) on her Platinum POY and props to Stewart Schultz on his 4/4 as well. California photographers have done well.

Cassandra_Sullivan
07-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Congrats to all of you! I feel so lucky to be able to come to OurPPA and be in the company of all of you - so inspriing!

Lori_Clapp
07-27-2007, 02:23 PM
You guys better show up in Tampa!

Okay is it in Tampa or Orlando???

Lori_Clapp
07-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Okay, I looked it up. Tampa it is (my bad Diane!! Sorry, you were right)

Good thing someone told me, I'd have been in Orlando all by my lonesome in January!

Linda_Gregory
07-27-2007, 04:33 PM
So who here plays the lottery, is going to win and donate the proceeds to the party?

I'm wondering how I can work this all in. We leave for Prague on Dec 25th and return on Jan 2nd. Four days later, Imaging starts. I coulda done it in my wild youth but now.....and to get to IL to drive there with Jackie, hmmm.

Oh, but think of the shopping I could do in Prague to get the perfect dress as well as next year's merit/loan/showcase prints!!!!!!

So do I spend the money on the dress or on Imaging?

Jackie_Haggerty
07-27-2007, 04:35 PM
I have a dress you can wear- you can pick it up in IL! Go to IMAGING!

Anne_LeBouton
07-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Our power went out last night so I wasn't able to get here till just now. Looks like you guys were having quit a party to celebrate! Congrats everyone! Gary got 1 loan and 1 general. Lots of Wisconsin photographers that did well also.

Michael_Gan
07-27-2007, 07:23 PM
It was good to see Fuzzy Duenkle enter again, and go 4-4!

Michael_Gan
07-27-2007, 07:24 PM
So who here plays the lottery, is going to win and donate the proceeds to the party?

I'm wondering how I can work this all in. We leave for Prague on Dec 25th and return on Jan 2nd. Four days later, Imaging starts. I coulda done it in my wild youth but now.....and to get to IL to drive there with Jackie, hmmm.

Oh, but think of the shopping I could do in Prague to get the perfect dress as well as next year's merit/loan/showcase prints!!!!!!

So do I spend the money on the dress or on Imaging?Just as long as you go, you gotta receive that cool star trek pin on stage!

andiegoodman
07-27-2007, 07:58 PM
I am happy with going 3 for 4. Just wait til next year. Will have to start working on images. LOL. Congratulations to everyone who even entered. It is a wonderful learning experience. :D

D._Craig_Flory
07-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi Andie;

It was nice talking to you on the phone and I look forward to seeing your images at our state meetings. I hope you can make the meeting Sept. 30th and October 1st.

andiegoodman
07-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi Andie;

It was nice talking to you on the phone and I look forward to seeing your images at our state meetings. I hope you can make the meeting Sept. 30th and October 1st.

Thank you Craig, for taking the time to speak with me. I am looking forward to meeting you in person.:D

DiannaAllen
07-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Congrats To all of you that had prints to merit. I'm just so excited :D that I got 1 out of 4 on my first try ever so I know how you all must be feeling with more than that. Can't wait to see them all.

Dianna

Sue_Ellen_Tuttle
07-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Shocked but delighted to be in such good company!!

I was late entering because I was so busy...so almost didn't send a case. But I think competition is a very valuable experience....it is changing the way I shoot, and for the better....I think...

Linda_Gregory
07-28-2007, 09:51 PM
...it is changing the way I shoot, and for the better....I think...

That's the whole idea! :)