is this too goofy?
what about a title: "Which comes first?"

Sue_Ellen_Tuttle
05-31-2007, 11:27 PM
(I was down on the farm...)

Deb_Wat
05-31-2007, 11:33 PM
I love the chicken photo!!

Maybe change the title to reflect the way people usually ask the question...
Which came first?

Just my 2 cents.

Keith_A_Howe
06-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Sue Ellen PM'd me and asked for a quick response. Sorry but that's all I have time for - still slaving over that hot computer working on EI entries.

You have obviously given some thought to composition and have come up with some unique subject matter. However the lighting on both of these images is quite flat and that will keep it out of the merit catergory in my opinion. To improve upon what you have shown here- if rephotographing with directional light is not an option - lose the red deckle border on the chicken. It is distracting and does not improve the print or add to the story.

Keith

Dan_Leary
06-01-2007, 02:31 AM
Sue Ellen,
While I'm not Keith, I did do a little work to your berry image. I added a little LucisArt to it and darkened it down plus I shifted the image around on the canvas. It's just a little tweaking, but to be fair a friend of mine entered a similar shot at states and it just missed the merit category.

Those things said, let me compliment you on your work ethic and how much you have improved over the course of the past year. You've stuck with it and paid attention and soon it's gonna pay off big. Good Luck!:)

Sue_Ellen_Tuttle
06-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Thank you much, Keith...and by the way...thanks for reminding us that we still have three weeks If we are willing to pay the price... :)

Also, Deb, Dan, thanks for comments. All appreciated.