PDA

View Full Version : Competition Submission Titles

TerryMichael
05-30-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm so late to this game, having what - 5 days or so to get these in? Any suggestions on titles? Do you think these are worth entering?

TerryMichael
05-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Two more...

Cheri_MacCallum
05-31-2007, 04:30 AM
Hi Terry,
On the first image, your subjects are in mixed keys and it causes visual chaos. THe judges will take of points for that.

On the second. If you remove the extra people and signs, it has potential.'

Third, the background in front of the bride is very distracting. Maybe if you burn down.

Fourth, needs to be a bit darker in my opinion. It kind of has a film noir look.

Stacey_West
05-31-2007, 06:39 AM
Terry,
I like the second and fourth images the best. I agree with Cheri that you should remove the people in the background and the signs. I've seen images composed like this do well in competition. I would also either remove the dog(?) and give the print a "romantic" title or if I left him in I'd include him in the title in some cute kind of way. Also (and this may be a terrible idea) do you have a filter or action of some sort that would allow you to add realistic snowfall? If so it might give the image a nice mood.

I don't know how well the fourth image will do but I like it's "film noir" look. I might take out the light that is peeking out from under the landing. Maybe a title something like "One Last Flight" with a play on words about the flight of stairs??? Not too good huh? Sorry, but hey I tried!

Good luck in competition though!