PDA

View Full Version : Competition Prints

Stacey_West
05-22-2007, 09:40 AM
I'd appreciate any comments and critiques on these images. I'm especially interested in opinions regarding the possiblity of any of these earning a merit at nationals. Thanks...

Stacey_West
05-22-2007, 09:43 AM
One more print - I welcome comments and critiques. Thanks again.

Kathy_Malaspina
05-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Stacey I L O V E the one with the girl in the chair in the field.....thats my favorite,,,,,good job!

JohnHeckler
05-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Hi Stacey, the girl in the field is definitely my favorite. I don't like the white boarder and thing you need a different presentation, but I coudl see that merit (in my inexperienced opinion!). Have D Craig work up a presentation for you on that one. :-)

I thought you said you had 4 in your PM to me? I only see three. I remember the one of the girl on the coach from before. I like what you have done with this latest version of it. Still can't say if it would merit or not though.

I'll be paying extra to enter my case as I have managed to procrastinate long enough that I will not be able to meet the initial deadline :-( And the sad part of that is that I already had 3 sealed from MES !!!

Stan_Lawrence
05-23-2007, 06:06 PM
#1 lacks expression, eyes look overworked #2 best bet, although the brown in her lap is a little distracting, other than that it might hang #3 expression It's always fun to photograph pretty girls, just be sure the expression works.:cool:

Auralee_Dallas
05-23-2007, 06:29 PM
John, do you mean to say you can't prepare ONE more print in the next two weeks? You already have three ready to go. C'mon, you can do it on time.

Marc_Benjamin
05-23-2007, 07:01 PM
There's something about #2's treatment that works though the girl being squared and hunched might take away. Do you have one in this series where there's movement? Overall, I still like the feel and could almost see image printed on canvas, going through a freska like (ala Leslie Artis-Gan style) process with distressed edges and then mounted on the board.

John oh John, didnt we talk about this on the Hail Mary Case thread? Common man what's the hold up? Let's get it together and send that case in!

KirkDarling
05-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Marc, youir new avatar is comp-worthy.

Marc_Benjamin
05-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Why thanks Kirk, I like it cause it hides a quarter of my big face. Also, I think it might do well in the Electronic imaging category since man, you've gotta see how different that face was on the base print lol hahahahhaha

Dave_Cisco
05-23-2007, 09:06 PM
I remember the one of the girl on the coach from before.

I'd love to see the one of the girl on the COACH.:D ...

JohnHeckler
05-25-2007, 03:29 AM
John, do you mean to say you can't prepare ONE more print in the next two weeks? You already have three ready to go. C'mon, you can do it on time.

Ha ... true enough. But what you don't know is that I hold down a 50 hr/week IT job, have 2 young boys who want my time, coach tball, play soccer, am active in men's fellowship at church, shoot about 2-3 clients a week, opened a new studio space with 5 other photogs (share space, no joint business relationship), blah, blah.

I know, excuses, excuses. If there is a will, there is a way. But it's not like I generate merit worthy comp images on a regular basis, so it takes me time and a lot of help from this community! :-)

I'll see if I can pull it off, but it at least has to wait until the end of this week as I have been in Orlando all week on business.

I really want to see if I can go 4/4 this year as this might just be the best chance I'll ever have and it would complete 2 of 3 goals I set out to accomplish this year.

Mark_Levesque
05-25-2007, 03:45 AM
Suck it up, John. If I can do it, you can do it. (Not saying I'll get more merit images, just that I'll give it my best regardless of the work schedule.) Believe, envision, execute.

Dave_Cisco
05-25-2007, 04:53 AM
I know, excuses, excuses. If there is a will, there is a way.

If there's a Will, have him jump in and help.:D