PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife Print Title?

Rebecca_Willoughby
05-16-2007, 07:26 PM
I need a title of this not just for comp, but also for gallery prints. I took this at Yellowstone last year. He (she?) was drinking some water and I snapped it just as something caught his attention.
Since I am new at entering wildlife and animal prints at PPA print competitions, any suggestions are welcome. Even if they are just "Bag it and send something else!" LOL
Of course if there is anyone that wants to take a shot at scoring it that would be great too!

Rebecca

D._Craig_Flory
05-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Hi Rebecca;

I have a portrait session due in the studio in about 15 minutes but, till then, I'll post some ideas.

"Call of the Wild" / "King of his Domain" / or "Not Housebroken" .

Dave_Cisco
05-16-2007, 11:18 PM
Flip it............You read into the image and land on his face, not his hiney.:D

Keith_A_Howe
05-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Flip it............You read into the image and land on his face, not his hiney.:D

Well , what if the title was "Wolf Hiney"? Actually I agree with you completely.
Keith

John_Throneburg
05-17-2007, 12:42 AM
"Hungry Like A Wolf"

Joseph_Miska
05-17-2007, 12:58 AM
I agree with the flip. He (or she) doesn't look like a very hungry wolf, though. In fact, h/she looks pretty well fed. Maybe something like "successful hunter" (which sounds stupid, when I write it out) but something along the lines of his/her obvious prowess at survival and eating! Maybe "top dog."

Dave_Cisco
05-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Well , what if the title was "Wolf Hiney"? Actually I agree with you completely.
Keith

Coming back to this, I see I didn't help by answering what was ask for....sorry:)

"Leader of the Pack"
"Alpha Male"

Rebecca_Willoughby
05-17-2007, 03:15 AM
Thanks Fellas! I totally agree with you about the flippin' it thing. See how wonderful it is to have this forum! Any more suggestion, changes or whether or not you think it is "print competition" worthy, bring em on. Great title suggestions too.

Rebecca

JohnHeckler
05-17-2007, 05:32 AM
Coming back to this, I see I didn't help by answering what was ask for....sorry:)

"Leader of the Pack"
"Alpha Male"

Yes, but your advice was spot on! :cool:

Debra_Sportel
05-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Rebecca,
I'm thinking you need a title that explains the tongue hanging out. The words, "interrupted," "alert," "pause to refresh??" come to mind. I don't have the perfect title, but do you see what I'm getting at?
Debra

Mark_Levesque
05-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Yes, Debra. That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Slurpus Interruptus or something like that.

Rebecca_Willoughby
05-20-2007, 01:21 AM
Exactly! I don 't think you can see it on this post, but there is also a string of water or drowl coming from his mouth that helps that "interupted" impression. Here is a detail.

Tony_Alt
05-26-2007, 02:30 PM
I think he's looking back at his female counterpart and saying "Marge, your cooking stinks. It's always rabbits this and squirrels that. How about a buffalo once in a while?"