PDA

View Full Version : Baptism and Sunday Morning Worship

Kelly_Dobson
05-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Hi,
Looking for input on these prints. I'm trying to narrow down my choices for print competition this year and really appreciate opinions and tips on how to imporve the images, thanks! Which one do you like better?

"Sunday Morning Worship" will be correctly formatted and within the 16 x 20 requirement. It is heavily 'painted' in Corel Painter and I think I will print it on watercolor paper to enhance the soft look of it......what do you think?

The other image is titled: "Baptism", or I was thinking "Down with the Old Man, Up with the New". Is that too much?

MichaelImus
05-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Hey Kelly,

Great images

I especially like the baptism one with the gentlemen behind the one getting baptized. Very impactfull :)

Heather_L._Smith
05-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Kelly-
I really like the baptism image - the only thing I would say, though, is that the bright white line of the wave breaking in the background is a little distracting. Given the low key of everything else, my eye was drawn to the breaking wave. I love the image, though.

Shorter titles are ALWAYS better - the fewer words, the better. (I'm NO help when it comes to actually coming up with titles, though).

Ginger_M_Saucier
05-25-2007, 02:30 AM
I love the baptist image 1 - the title needs to be short and touch the heart.

" ......Waters"

KristiSanger
05-25-2007, 04:24 AM
Great images. I agree about the wave though.... Image 1 (to me) seems like a piece that you could look over and over again and not get tired of seeing it.

Kristi

Sue_Ellen_Tuttle
05-25-2007, 12:04 PM
I really like the baptism image, as well.

I wonder how it would look flipped...eye reading left to right...

I'm fairly new at this, so you need to know this when considering my comments.

The image looks like he's just getting ready to be baptized, it hasn't actually happened...is this true? Title should reflect or draw out truth in image (so a title like "Born Again" wouldn't work if he has not yet been immersed).

Brian_Roden
05-25-2007, 03:47 PM
How about "Cleansing Waters" for the baptism image? I also think flipping the image would make it stronger, leading us from empty water to the people.

If you can tone down the wave it will help your score a lot. Judges knock a print down for distracting elements.

Michael_Young
05-25-2007, 04:41 PM
How about "Living Waters"