PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about procrastination! ;-)

JohnHeckler
05-03-2007, 05:35 AM
Well, I have been like this since early grade school ... procrastinating until the night before to get *whatever* done ...

BUT, I have finally prepared and will be overnighting my CPP Portfolio DVD.

If you get a chance and don't mind, let me know what you think. Obviously it will be too late to incorporate any changes from any feedback I receive this time around, but if it doesn't pass, I'll be able to use the feedback.

http://www.jthphotography.com/cpp

Will it pass?!?!?!?!? :eek: :) :D

Mark_Levesque
05-03-2007, 11:54 AM
I think so. Nice work.

Sue_Ellen_Tuttle
05-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Enjoyed looking at these. Nice variety.

JohnHeckler
05-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks guys ... I know almost all of them have issues that would keep them for a merit in competition except maybe 2 or 3, but I am hoping they are "good enough" for certification ... fingers crossed.

I really should not have kept the big group shot in there ... that one kinda sucks. The senior playing guitar is pretty lame too, at least compared to shots I've seen on here from you all :-)

D._Craig_Flory
05-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi John;

I like them. Keep in mind that you don't need merit quality. To use an example ... if all 20 would be deemed good enough for a red ribbon (score of 76 to 79) they would all pass. That has pretty much been the case since I got certified in 1986. In our state we go by this: 100-95 Exceptional / 94-90 Superior / 89-85 Excellent / 84-80 Deserving of a Merit / 79-76 Above Average / 75-74 Average / 73-70 Acceptable / 69 & below Unacceptable. So above average is what you need.

If I were on the panel, I would give a thumbs up but I'm only a C.P.P. Liaison and a Craftsman. Hopefully some Masters will chime in here.

Jim_Bolen
05-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Man, John, if you don't pass, I'm not even going to try to get my certification!

David_A._Lottes
05-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Keep in mind that they are judged as a group so even if you have one or two weak links it's the body of work they are looking at. I think your good to go.:)

KirkDarling
05-09-2007, 02:44 AM
I don't think you'll have any problem, John. They look great to me.

JohnHeckler
05-09-2007, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys!

My confidence ebs and flows and lately I was doubting some of the images and regretting including a couple. But that's what I get for waiting unitl the midnight hour and then scrambling together images at the last minute. :(

How long will it take before I hear something back? Shoot, I don't even know if my DVD made it on time. I mailed it "next day" the day before the due date, so I assume it made it on time, but who knows ...

Mark_Levesque
05-09-2007, 11:57 AM
How long will it take before I hear something back?
Long enough for it to get on your nerves. :) I took my test more than two weeks ago, and nothing... 8^/

Rory_Schweighart
05-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Sop worring you are in the group. nice work very nice.