PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Imaging Help

Sandra_Pearce
05-02-2007, 10:19 PM
I am entering a case in Electronic Imaging in Nationals. I know they have to be mounted as a 20x24 with original photograph. I need to know how they are placed on the mount board. All four are 20x16's. If I could see how it is done it would be most helpful. I can't find a photograph of a print with a guide that has been entered.

Sandra

Auralee_Dallas
05-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Sandra, there are samples in the Loan Collection books. See if you can borrow one from someone to see how they are set up.
Now, as I understand it, you don't have to show the images that contributed to the final print, but I think it makes sense to show it so the judges can see what went into the artwork.

Sandra_Pearce
05-03-2007, 03:11 AM
Auralee, the problem is I live in Okeechobee, FL and there are no Loan Collection books close to me. I feel it would help my print to show the original image. I have painted from the original and you would have to see it to know what it has evolved to. Thank you for trying to help me.

Sandra

Keith_A_Howe
05-03-2007, 05:04 AM
Sandra
Here are a couple of mine that merited. The lay out is up to you but 16x20 of the 20x24 area should be represented by the final image as you would compose it on a 16x20 board for a PO competition. The remaining area can be used as you wish to make a pleasing layout to show the judges what you started with, to help them see what you did and how well you did it. In EI you do not have to show the orginals (if you choose not to show them it is to be on a 16x20 board) but having judged EI several times I can tell you that well done work might be missed in the short time we have to view them. Why not show the judges where to look with the guide prints? Any way here are a couple I could put my hands on quick. The bird went loan. I am not sure in low res if all the layers and work will show but here goes. Keith
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/wavebirdsEI-2.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/MagicalMisteryTour1-1.jpg